Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who’s your favorite Sith and Jedi and why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Who’s your favorite Sith and Jedi and why?

xXxNYROxXx
12.15.2020 , 08:31 PM | #1
So I was sitting here reading some books, playing some Star Wars games and realized just how unique and expansive this universe really is. One thing I kept asking myself was who my favorite Sith or Jedi was because there are SO MANY...

As I thought about it I decided Darth Maul was probably my favorite Sith... I know “generic choice” right? But I am 32 now and I remember as a kid seeing Episode 1 in theaters and remembering how awesome he looked. It drove me mad they “killed him off” so early and I was elated when the Clone Wars and Rebels had him survive.

Jedi was tough... very tough for me but probably Qui-Gon Jinn... I really enjoyed how defiant he was and how he just kinda did his own thing.

What were yours? (Doesn’t have to be from the movies.)

turbomagnus
12.16.2020 , 11:02 AM | #2
Sith is probably Darth Vader - I just can't ever help thinking about the way he matter-of-factly executed Admiral Ozzel for endangering the fleet and their mission in the opening moves of the Battle of Hoth, calmly turned to Piett and informed him that he was now Admiral Piett; nor how on Hoth, the Tantive V, or even the Battle of Yavin, Vader was out there in the field with the Imperial pilots and troopers, fighting alongside them instead of simply waiting back at the command center.

Jedi... got to be Nejaa Halcyon; one of the first Green Jedi we were introduced to, before anyone even knew what a 'Green Jedi' was, and probably the best example of how the Corellian Temple and the Great Temple on Coruscant differed in their philosophies with the fact that he was partnered with a CorSec officer, married with a child...
(There are times where I honestly think that, if he had ended up on Corellia instead of Coruscant, Anakin might not have ended up falling like he had...)

jedimasterjac
12.16.2020 , 03:20 PM | #3
As far as Sith go, probably Sion.

For Jedi, absolutely the Exile.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.
Feel like I've said something good? Click my referral link for free goodies!

xXxNYROxXx
12.16.2020 , 04:56 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by turbomagnus View Post
Sith is probably Darth Vader - I just can't ever help thinking about the way he matter-of-factly executed Admiral Ozzel for endangering the fleet and their mission in the opening moves of the Battle of Hoth, calmly turned to Piett and informed him that he was now Admiral Piett; nor how on Hoth, the Tantive V, or even the Battle of Yavin, Vader was out there in the field with the Imperial pilots and troopers, fighting alongside them instead of simply waiting back at the command center.

Jedi... got to be Nejaa Halcyon; one of the first Green Jedi we were introduced to, before anyone even knew what a 'Green Jedi' was, and probably the best example of how the Corellian Temple and the Great Temple on Coruscant differed in their philosophies with the fact that he was partnered with a CorSec officer, married with a child...
(There are times where I honestly think that, if he had ended up on Corellia instead of Coruscant, Anakin might not have ended up falling like he had...)

Green Jedi were always very interesting to me. The fact they took a lot of liberties but really we hear about fewer of them turning to the dark side than Jedi being brought up in the traditional system always struck me as interesting.

MadDutchman
12.16.2020 , 05:11 PM | #5
Sith: I'd have to go with Bane. He saw the errant stupidity of his order and decided to go his own way

Jedi: I'd have to go with Ahsoka, She saw the errant stupidity of her order and decided to go her own way
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

xXxNYROxXx
12.16.2020 , 07:18 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
Sith: I'd have to go with Bane. He saw the errant stupidity of his order and decided to go his own way

Jedi: I'd have to go with Ahsoka, She saw the errant stupidity of her order and decided to go her own way
Very true on both accounts.Sometimes our beliefs keep us from being open minded and seeing the big picture.

Rebamcfan
12.17.2020 , 08:32 AM | #7
Sith: probably Count Dooku or Darth Traya. Dooku for being a masterful fencer and a charismatic leader. Christopher Lee's portrayal of the man is the savior of episode II. Traya, I find her generally very interesting and a unique case amongst the Sith.
Jedi: Hmm, probably Satele. While she is not much of a mother, I can't help but admire her conviction to the Republic and the Jedi Order.
"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, arts." -Grand Admiral Thrawn
http://www.swtor.com/r/3d6ZQg If I was helpful in any ways, feel free to use my referral link.

turbomagnus
12.17.2020 , 10:53 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by xXxNYROxXx View Post
Green Jedi were always very interesting to me. The fact they took a lot of liberties but really we hear about fewer of them turning to the dark side than Jedi being brought up in the traditional system always struck me as interesting.
Yeah; despite what we got regarding Nejaa Halcyon and what we later see from Corran Horn in the EU/Legends, I've always felt that the Green Jedi were under-explored. I mean, think about it, there's more known about 'Dark Jedi', Jedi who have gone to the Dark Side but not become full-fledged Sith, than there really is Green Jedi - Jedi who haven't (for lack of a better terminology) given up on the things that make them people like love, friendship, lives outside the Order...

xXxNYROxXx
12.18.2020 , 10:39 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by turbomagnus View Post
Yeah; despite what we got regarding Nejaa Halcyon and what we later see from Corran Horn in the EU/Legends, I've always felt that the Green Jedi were under-explored. I mean, think about it, there's more known about 'Dark Jedi', Jedi who have gone to the Dark Side but not become full-fledged Sith, than there really is Green Jedi - Jedi who haven't (for lack of a better terminology) given up on the things that make them people like love, friendship, lives outside the Order...
It is very weird. You’d think there would be more focus on it. To me it’s very interesting because they stand by those connections the Jedi Order preaches against while still remaining part of the light and the Jedi Order recognizes them as allies when it suits them. Of course they sometimes view them as heretics or outcasts but still don’t really do anything about it even though they are so intent on such things inevitably guiding people to the dark side.
Ny’rok on Star Forge

cool-dude
01.20.2021 , 06:01 AM | #10
I don't have a favorite Jedi, but Darth Sidious is my favorite Sith
He's my favorite Sith, because I think he understood the Sith way and the darkside better than any Sith before or after him.