Security Key: Where is my serial number?

Parableman

I have a security key running on my old phone, and I want to add it to my new phone. The only info I can find on where I can get my serial number is this inaccurate instruction, which is found on the SWTOR website in several places:

"For the Mobile Security Key, the serial number is assigned to you when you set up your mobile security key. To view it, launch the app, click the “Information” icon, click “Security Key Information” and the number will be listed under “Serial number”."

I have no information icon on my security key app or anywhere in the game (I looked on the login screen and in-game when logged into a character). I can't find this anywhere on the website either. What is this information icon, and where is it?

There is a settings icon in the security key app. The options are:

EULA, Terms of Service, Privacy Policy, Support, SWTOR.com website, Synch now

Nothing called Information and nothing about a serial number.

Serial only shows up on a new install of the app.

So just go ahead and download it to your new phone and you'll get the serial#

At least that's what I had to do when I set my new phone up.

(as expected it will invalidate the old one - so don't be surprised)

Edited by kage_goomba

First you need to deactivate Security Key on your old phone. Only then you will be able to add it to the new one.

Go to "My SWTOR" > "Security Key" - there you will have the option to remove it. Then install your app on the new phone and just follow the usual intallation steps.

First you need to deactivate Security Key on your old phone. Only then you will be able to add it to the new one.

Go to "My SWTOR" > "Security Key" - there you will have the option to remove it. Then install your app on the new phone and just follow the usual intallation steps.

dur....should have thought of that...

Otherwise people would be able to hijack your account / etc if it was that simple.

Yeah - kill the old key and you'll be able to set it up.