What in original class or KOTFE/KOTET story would you have happen differently ?

Shayddow

No, what they're saying is that you're still putting all the classes in the same top of the food chain position. What would be the gameplay difference between being head of the Jedi Order, Sith Council, Republic General, etc? Those positions are basically aesthetic swaps of one another.

Having our characters as these leaders in games like SWTOR, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age Inquisition, etc, tend to create a lot of problems without there being many benefits to it in terms of narrative or gameplay.

They do it now anyway being Alliance Commander. I get people don't like your character is in power, but I don't care. I'd have preferred each class gets its own story and its own ending. I don't need your approval. It's a thread asking what we would like to have happened. That's what I'd like, each class gets its own story and own ending. How the game would continue afterwards wasn't the question. How it could happen anyway I don't care. I can make up my own story if I bothered, but this whole thing is just what ifs.

Traitor arc:

**** the kill option for Theron Shan. It's illogical and stupid. I'm not even biased here.

To be honest, it's Dark Side option, and many other DS options is illogical and stupid as well, so, personally, i don't see that big problem in here.

Edited by MarkFranz

They do it now anyway being Alliance Commander.

They don't really. They say you're the leader and the one making all the choices but really not. You're following a preset path that you no control over and you're not making any real decisions. A lot of KOTFE/KOTET is other people telling you that you should go here, that you need to do X, etc. That's not being a leader and delegating things.

I get people don't like your character is in power, but I don't care.

You should because it doesn't work well for storytelling or gameplay. It makes both things worse.

I'd have preferred each class gets its own story and its own ending.

I said earlier that what you're suggesting work as endings for the characters but SWTOR is still an ongoing storyline so as long as that's the case there's no reason or justification for putting our characters in those positions right now.

I don't need your approval. It's a thread asking what we would like to have happened. That's what I'd like, each class gets its own story and own ending.

That's not what you originally stated.

Instead of ending as Alliance/Galactic Commander, have the Eternal Fleet be destroyed as part of the victory then get promoted within your faction.

"Instead of ending as..." The story hasn't ended that way.

How the game would continue afterwards wasn't the question. How it could happen anyway I don't care. I can make up my own story if I bothered, but this whole thing is just what ifs.

That's fine and like I said before what you came up with work as endings but that is not how you presented the situation. You never said "I would like to see the storyline end and here's where the characters should end up" you said "Instead of ending as Alliance/Galactic Commander" which isn't something that happened in the story. The story hasn't ended yet so you're not presenting an alternate take on what happened the way you framed it.

That's why I responded to you. You weren't presenting an alternate scenario to something that had happened given that the story hadn't actually ended yet.

Edited by Darth-Obvious

To be honest, it's Dark Side option, and many other DS options is illogical and stupid as well, so, personally, i don't see that big problem in here.

This is very true no more so than in the Jedi Consular storyline where you can make multiple DS choices that result in so many lives being lost and the consequences for those actions is the Jedi Council promoting you despite condemning your actions/choices.

I remember hearing someone who just played through the Mass Effect games for the first time explain that people will often say that in Bioware games you make the Good Choice or the Bad Choice but really it's more like the right morale choice to make in the situation vs literally the worst thing you could do. Not the bad or wrong choice but the actual worst thing you could do and more often than not there's no reasoning/benefit to it doing it.

On top of that the pre-existing narrative that your character is locked into or that already presents them a certain way often results in them doing something completely out of character when making choices like that.

I really don't get why you're so offended to keep harping on the point. I was never talking about ending the game in the first place. I was talking about the ending of the Eternal Throne story. Every class gets its own story. The only common thing is you defeat Arcann and Vaylin. The Eternal Fleet is destroyed in that story ending. You get promoted in your faction per your Class. No more Alliance. No more Galactic Commander. That is the story that's done, not the game as a whole.

How the story continues afterwards is a moot point because it was never the question. The game continues. Each class continues to get their own version of events. Malgus returns? The Jedi characters deal with saving the Jedi, separate stories. Trooper and Smuggler deal with Meksha, separate stories. All can save Corellia. Imperial characters handle it from the Empire's perspective. That's the point. There is never, ever one story for all. Everyone always continues with their own story. How is it done when they're in a position of power? Make it up yourself.

If you still don't like this, too bad. I still don't need your approval. I know this didn't happen. I know this won't happen. It's just what I would have liked. What I'm offended about is your insistence of how dare I prefer what I prefer because you don't like what I prefer. You don't have to like it, but I don't have to not like it to appease you.

Edited by Hadsil

I really don't get why you're so offended to keep harping on the point. I was never talking about ending the game in the first place. I was talking about the ending of the Eternal Throne story.

That's not clear from your initial post. The thing you specifically said in your initial post didn't make sense based on the current state of the game. That's why I replied because what you were saying didn't read like an alternative to the existing story but instead something that has yet to have happened.

Most of what people have said in the thread thus far has been instead of going left I went right. What you posted reads like "instead of going left I hid from all the cameras while a volcano erupted where me and my dragon soared into the sky together!" and it's like ***? How did you get there?

Note how I didn't reply to anyone else's story choices but yours. I don't mind people having different story wants/desires from my own yours specifically however didn't make sense the way you posted it.

I was talking about the ending of the Eternal Throne story. Every class gets its own story. The only common thing is you defeat Arcann and Vaylin. The Eternal Fleet is destroyed in that story ending. You get promoted in your faction per your Class. No more Alliance. No more Galactic Commander. That is the story that's done, not the game as a whole.

That's what you should have posted. That is clear. That is understandable. What you posted however comes across more like where you want the story to go or be at rather than an alternative story choice.

"What in original class or KOTFE/KOTET story would you have happen differently ?"

"I want class stories to come back!"

That's kind of how your initial post reads. It doesn't really feel like it applies to the topic specifically so much as what you want out of the game in general.

Edited by Darth-Obvious