New Movement

PureAffliction

A few suggestions that will make the game better

1. Camera with mouse, instead of having to hold one of the mouse buttons why not just have a free mouse look? Most MMO/RPG have this style and it would feel more natural to have free mouse movement.

2.Any style saber use on any character imagine a sage with a double saber or a double bladed saber. It opens up more saber options on the market and in the community to experiment with different fighting styles.

3. Don't get me wrong it's great that I can pick any class, and have a 2nd combat class, but what about a hotkey to be able to swap to the second class, like mouse wheel up or down for swapping.

just my .02 as someone who has played this game for a long long time.

A few suggestions that will make the game better

1. Camera with mouse, instead of having to hold one of the mouse buttons why not just have a free mouse look? Most MMO/RPG have this style and it would feel more natural to have free mouse movement.

"Most" is a bit strong, and definitely hard to justify, but the key thing is that it should be *optional* because I *detest* that way of working (ESO, I'm looking at you!), and I'd put money on being far from the only person who prefers mouse-button look.

2.Any style saber use on any character imagine a sage with a double saber or a double bladed saber. It opens up more saber options on the market and in the community to experiment with different fighting styles.

Really any character? Or just Force User characters?

I'd also say that Sage is approximately the worst possible example, tied with Sorcerer, for this, since none of their disciplines make significant use of the sabre.

And experimenting with different fighting styles is meant to be done with the Combat Styles functionality.

3. Don't get me wrong it's great that I can pick any class, and have a 2nd combat class, but what about a hotkey to be able to swap to the second class, like mouse wheel up or down for swapping.

*bindable* hotkey, and mousewheel for that seems like a bad idea. In fact, changing it by changing the combat style is a catastrophically bad idea. Change the Loadout so that the positions of abilitiies on the quickbars, and the selected utilities, are preserved less wrongly. But not (unless you think it's a reasonable idea, which I don't) automatically by mousewheel. (In part because the mouse wheel by default is bound to something useful, zooming in and out.)

Obviously Force Users didn't know that you thought I meant everyone. Common sense

"Most" is a bit strong, and definitely hard to justify, but the key thing is that it should be *optional* because I *detest* that way of working (ESO, I'm looking at you!), and I'd put money on being far from the only person who prefers mouse-button look.

you say this but I don't prefer mouse button look. Why not make it where you could use button if you wanted to and I could take it off?

*bindable* hotkey, and mousewheel for that seems like a bad idea. In fact, changing it by changing the combat style is a catastrophically bad idea. Change the Loadout so that the positions of abilitiies on the quickbars, and the selected utilities, are preserved less wrongly. But not (unless you think it's a reasonable idea, which I don't) automatically by mousewheel. (In part because the mouse wheel by default is bound to something useful, zooming in and out.)

How does this sound like a bad IDEA? If I can swap before a fight with a button that would be cool, since you brought up ESO lets go with that, I can slot 2 different weapons and swap to them as I please with different skills on both. And I can change my zoom out zoom in buttons to anything I want, I'm almost 100 percent certain that no one has the exact same buttons or slots slotted for everything.

Obviously Force Users didn't know that you thought I meant everyone. Common sense

Your words:

2.Any style saber use on any character

That's why I thought you meant everyone.

you say this but I don't prefer mouse button look. Why not make it where you could use button if you wanted to and I could take it off?

Indeed. My words:

it should be *optional*

How does this sound like a bad IDEA?

The "mouse wheel" thing *as*a*default* is a bad idea(1). Well, and the "change combat styles" thing is a bad (or worse) idea. It should change *Loadouts*, not combat styles, because a direct change to the combat style forgets your quickbar layouts and selected utilities.

So a button to change loadouts is a good thing, but:

And I can change my zoom out zoom in buttons to anything I want, I'm almost 100 percent certain that no one has the exact same buttons or slots slotted for everything.

Sure, but the *default* should not be mousewheel since that's already got a default bind, and I for one wouldn't be pleased to see it change, especially on my existing characters.

(1) The mouse wheel is also a bit easy to twitch by accident, which is why I like the ESO and GW2 default "weapon swap" key, the odd one in the upper left of the main part of the keyboard, just below Esc. Currrenly that key by default is bound to nothing in particular in SWTOR, so ...