how to make a complaint?

kurzis

Forgive my lack of sensitivity. I'm just wondering why you're asking us your question. How would we know?

I'll be honest, I find your claim a bit hard to believe. When you sign up for the forums and when you set up a game account, you agree to their terms. I highly doubt they are harassing you. Typically when such a complaint is made, a person is abusing the system feature (maybe a report feature or whatnot) and receiving warnings to stop or they will take action against your account, but that person refuses to stop because they don't agree with what they perceive as a lack of resolution.

Forgive my lack of sensitivity. I'm just wondering why you're asking us your question. How would we know?

I’m assuming he’s asking for information from people who might have dealt with it before.

Whether or not the OP has a legitimate concern, I have no idea.

I'll be honest, I find your claim a bit hard to believe. When you sign up for the forums and when you set up a game account, you agree to their terms. I highly doubt they are harassing you. Typically when such a complaint is made, a person is abusing the system feature (maybe a report feature or whatnot) and receiving warnings to stop or they will take action against your account, but that person refuses to stop because they don't agree with what they perceive as a lack of resolution.

I can't discuss the details here because of the rules however it does appear that the warning system is being abused, I've emailed the community team but having a team admin themselves with no oversight doesn't give me much hope for a resolution

Without any context it's hard to say since your post has no info as to how they are doing so as it's all a matter of perspective.

Theyre basically abusing their position and the warning system to supress discussions about a bug they refuse to fix or address. There's quite a bit of talk on some of the Facebook groups about if.

Theyre basically abusing their position and the warning system to supress discussions about a bug they refuse to fix or address. There's quite a bit of talk on some of the Facebook groups about if.

If it's an exploit they won't generally address or discuss it, until it's sorted out. The more that info gets out the more people abuse it, so they try to keep a lid on the details getting loose on public forums.

If it's an exploit they won't generally address or discuss it, until it's sorted out. The more that info gets out the more people abuse it, so they try to keep a lid on the details getting loose on public forums.

It's not an exploit, it's a bug that can only be fixed by spending cc. Them refusing to allow any discussion or address it in anyway but accepting real money to fix it is pretty illegal in Europe.

I'll take the complaint.

Which form will you need:

1. "Come and see the violence inherent in the system!"
  2. "Help! Help! IM being repressed!"

\

rofl

best. reply. evarrrrrrr. :D

edit: also...number 2!

Edited by foxmob

I’m assuming he’s asking for information from people who might have dealt with it before.

Whether or not the OP has a legitimate concern, I have no idea.

I just assumed he was buggered b/c you cannot reply to "community service" emails, and he wants to argue BW's arbitrary rules enforcement.

I just assumed he was buggered b/c you cannot reply to "community service" emails, and he wants to argue BW's arbitrary rules enforcement.

BW's rules enforcement is not arbitrary. They have rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

BW's rules enforcement is not arbitrary. They have rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

lol ok. that was good. but the first reply set the bar really really high.

"help help! i'm being oppressed!"

OP: What is the bug?

Does it have to do with the Dark Side Corruption thing?

I can't confirm that because the second I do a community team member will swoop in and delete the thread. no discussions about that bug are allowed, its a hidden rule.

OP: What is the bug?

Does it have to do with the Dark Side Corruption thing?

I would assume so based on their post history

First of all OP, it's a bug. BW can prioritize fixes for bugs however they please. If there happens to be a CC related workaround doesn't change that, and I seriously doubt it makes it illegal in Europe

The fact the original thread is still present leads me to seriously doubt they are "suppressing" anything. Rather removing duplicate threads/posts and getting cranky about duplicate bug reports and complaints.

Just a hunch

I would assume so based on their post history

First of all OP, it's a bug. BW can prioritize fixes for bugs however they please. If there happens to be a CC related workaround doesn't change that, and I seriously doubt it makes it illegal in Europe

The fact the original thread is still present leads me to seriously doubt they are "suppressing" anything. Rather removing duplicate threads/posts and getting cranky about duplicate bug reports and complaints.

Just a hunch

New patch = new thread. its still not fixed even though customer support claim it should have been fixed in 6.3.

I think the only thing i've been able to find where a dev acknowledged the bug was a post from 2019 saying something along the lines of "I thought we fixed that"

2 years later and still not fixed or even added to the known issues list indicates to me that they're ignoring it and abusing their position to prevent discussions about it.

Selling a product and not making people aware that the product will not work as intended is illegal and that includes digital items, it really crosses the line from morally wrong to illegal when said companies charge real money to activate a feature that should be active from the point of purchase.

Edited by kurzis

It's not an exploit, it's a bug that can only be fixed by spending cc. Them refusing to allow any discussion or address it in anyway but accepting real money to fix it is pretty illegal in Europe.

The only bugs that I can think of the require cc to fix maybe is:

1. Having to purchase section x in the market if your Free to Play or Preferred if it comes up in Galactic Seasons
  2. Hide Helmet gets activated and can't be turned off.
  3. Dark Side corruption bug with Nautolan characters.

Outside of those two, not sure what else but either one would need to be fixed by them and it's probably already know or there are existing threads and they will delete or merge duplicate threads.

Edited by Nightblazer

New patch = new thread. its still not fixed even though customer support claim it should have been fixed in 6.3.

I think the only thing i've been able to find where a dev acknowledged the bug was a post from 2019 saying something along the lines of "I thought we fixed that"

2 years later and still not fixed or even added to the known issues list indicates to me that they're ignoring it and abusing their position to prevent discussions about it.

Selling a product and not making people aware that the product will not work as intended is illegal and that includes digital items, it really crosses the line from morally wrong to illegal when said companies charge real money to activate a feature that should be active from the point of purchase.

That's not how it works. New patch does not mean new thread. It's their forums and their rules and their rules state to not create duplicate threads.

If you need to bring attention to an issue, then post in the original thread to move it back to top of page one. Rules state no duplicate threads and that any duplicates can be deleted or merged.

Constantly creating a new thread every time a patch comes out, is like repeatedly pressing the crosswalk button hoping it will change faster. It won't, only responds to the first push.

The only bugs that I can think of the require cc to fix maybe is:

Having to purchase section x in the market if your Free to Play or Preferred if it comes up in Galactic Seasons

Hide Helmet gets activated and can't be turned off.

Outside of those two, not sure what else but either one would need to be fixed by them and it's probably already know or there are existing threads and they will delete or merge duplicate threads.

nautolan dark side corruption defaults as off and will not activate in the outfit designer tabs, the only way to turn it on is to spend CC at the appearance designer.

if they added it to the known issues list at least its been acknowledged, the fact that they wont indicates they have no intention or lack the abilities to fix it.

I really don't know why it was removed from the known issues list in the first place.

That's not how it works. New patch does not mean new thread. It's their forums and their rules and their rules state to not create duplicate threads.

If you need to bring attention to an issue, then post in the original thread to move it back to top of page one. Rules state no duplicate threads and that any duplicates can be deleted or merged.

Constantly creating a new thread every time a patch comes out, is like repeatedly pressing the crosswalk button hoping it will change faster. It won't, only responds to the first push.

well that rule isn't consistently applied, if that was the case then we'd all be updating threads from 2017

nautolan dark side corruption defaults as off and will not activate in the outfit designer tabs, the only way to turn it on is to spend CC at the appearance designer.

if they added it to the known issues list at least its been acknowledged, the fact that they wont indicates they have no intention or lack the abilities to fix it.

I really don't know why it was removed from the known issues list in the first place.

It's already been acknowledge here.

Hey folks,

Thanks for the report about the "Show Dark Side Corruption" bug with Nautolan characters.

Our team is currently looking into it. We'll update you when we have more information to share.

So they are already aware of the issue. So they are already aware of the issue and have ackowledged as such.

As for fixing it that's a matter of priority and what their resources are. The more game breaking the bug, the higher the priority.

While the work around may not be ideal, since there is one it's not at a higher priority list compared to a bug that says breaks a boss encounter in a flashpoint or Ops.