Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A Tale of Two Games: ToR and WoW - Review!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Tale of Two Games: ToR and WoW - Review!

ShotByBothSides's Avatar


ShotByBothSides
12.19.2011 , 01:59 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Beatmiser View Post
You know, it's a fair review from your perspective. Sadly though I could care less about WoW as my main MMO experience has been DAOC, MxO, and EVE. Anyone who uses WoW as their comparison point is automatically rendered irrelevant to me.

Just to add, when you are trying to craft a review, calling people 'Fanboy' and 'Fangirl' because they have differing opinions crushes any credibility.
Exactly the same for me and many others I know; WoW has never featured on my gaming horizon, so comparisons are lost and are totally irrelevant.

dvvx's Avatar


dvvx
12.19.2011 , 01:59 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Englefield View Post
This isn't so much of a review, as simply an opinion on tor from a wow perspective. I appreciate everyone has an opinion but we're actually all playing it now. That means that most of those that disagree with you can no longer be called fan boys, because they're all forming legitimate opinions of thier own.
Actually, it's an objective review. I back everything up with in-game data. What part, in particular, did you have an issue with? For example, if I said Gigli is a terrible movie, that would also be an undeniable fact.
Cute irl.

Crash-X's Avatar


Crash-X
12.19.2011 , 02:00 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by zombieguy View Post
I wanted top stop reading after the Who am I? paragraph. Maybe we-work this for future reviews. You sound like you're trying to say you know more than the reader, not a good message to send. It puts us on the defensive.

Just sharing a friendly criticism, take it or leave it. May the Force be with you!
This.

A customer is a customer bud and right now, it seems most people are enjoying the game.

Also there is always something wrong with a review when the reviewer insists that his opinion is right an din a MMO's case, when said reviewer insists the game will fail.

oPURT's Avatar


oPURT
12.19.2011 , 02:00 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by dvvx View Post
Who am I? I'm some dude that led a top-US CS:S team for many years, was a part of two top-10 WoW guilds, and played in several WoW Arena Tournies (including the CGS invitational) and many many CS tournaments, including the CPL.
Sooooooooo, you're a certified gaming dork like the rest of us here? Pretty sure that doesn't make you special. No worries though, I'm sure your Mommy is still proud of you. Maybe.
A word to the wise is not necessary. It's the stupid ones that need the advice.

Hard work often pays off over time, but laziness always pays off immediately.

Darksyde's Avatar


Darksyde
12.19.2011 , 02:00 PM | #25
Your qualifications for writing a review consist of playing counter strike, one of the crappiest most hacked games? Yeah, I value your opinion.
Velai and Eclypse, Harbinger server.

www.nerdgasm.us

PromDCF's Avatar


PromDCF
12.19.2011 , 02:01 PM | #26
I would give your well written review credibility if you weren't comparing a 7 year old MMO to a MMO that has just been released. MMOs grow and evolve and WoW is no exception. You can't compare a team that has mostly never done a MMO and a team that has been working on a MMO and its expansions for 7 years. This is why I think its silly to review or compare MMOs until they are dead or near dead.

Instead compare this, WoW at launch and Old Republic at launch. Which is better? Hands down SWTOR.... believe me I know I've experienced both. Which will be better as the development team progresses? Who knows, but I intend to wait and see.

XOrionX's Avatar


XOrionX
12.19.2011 , 02:01 PM | #27
I find it laughable he even lists his success in CS and CS:S as a viable credential for reviewing an MMORPG. Fine, you were in a good guild in WoW, ok, list that... CS? Why?


He may as well just of left that off his post. Would the word record holder of Donkey Kong's high score be any less relevant? Probably not.
"Never tell me the odds!" ~Han Solo

Smackwell's Avatar


Smackwell
12.19.2011 , 02:02 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by dvvx View Post
The only reason ToR won't die in 6 months is "Bioware" and "Star Wars." Will these two names carry the burden for a year? Two? I doubt it. But then again, I could be wrong. http://warhammeronline.com/ is still going. Don't fool yourself though. It's dead.

You may berate me now, but don't forget this review 1 year down the line. ToR is dead. Long live Titan?
You're wrong.

See, I can also see into the future!

Prophetic posts are funny. I don't disagree on some of your points, but yeah. Your review sounds pretty biased from the beginning.
be ay bay, be ee be, be eye bickey bye be oh bo bickey bye bo!

zombieguy's Avatar


zombieguy
12.19.2011 , 02:03 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Baizak View Post
Sorry you did not have a nice time playing an awesome game. I was not part of a top 10 wow guild, but I did stay at a holiday inn last night, so that makes my opinion on the game just as valid as yours, and I think it is the bee knees.
Oh man, kudos! haaaaaaa!
Squadron 367

jonklon's Avatar


jonklon
12.19.2011 , 02:04 PM | #30
wow, a critical review i actually agree with.

for some reason, i think the whole "WoW in space" is apretty spot on.

The thing is just. its exactly what i wanted. i didnt want anything revolutionary. after playing wow as a hardcore raider for 6 years, i like how i can relax with this game. and the story is fantastic! what made me turn away from wow was the lack of interesting storylines, not the game mechanichs (which happen to be really good in wow).

so for me, WoW in space with awesome story is probably enough for me to stay away from wow and play this for a long time.