Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Tale of Two Games: ToR and WoW - Review!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Tale of Two Games: ToR and WoW - Review!

zombieguy
12.19.2011 , 01:53 PM | #11
I wanted top stop reading after the Who am I? paragraph. Maybe we-work this for future reviews. You sound like you're trying to say you know more than the reader, not a good message to send. It puts us on the defensive.

Just sharing a friendly criticism, take it or leave it. May the Force be with you!
Squadron 367

Holden_Dissent
12.19.2011 , 01:54 PM | #12
Thanks for the lol op.

Varghjerta
12.19.2011 , 01:54 PM | #13
The Game can't please all .
And personally i do find TOR as it stands as a really fun game with lots and lots of potential pretty much potential and possibilty WoW had in the start.

And personally i left WOW when they basicly dumbed down the game too much in the middle of Wotlk both PvP and Pve where way lower standards then it should have been then just to cater to instant gratification players

yomanaaiton
12.19.2011 , 01:54 PM | #14
I agree with most of the points OP makes, but I think there's a lot of people that are just tired of WOW, and they will happily play a different game even if it's slightly worse, as long as it has high production values, like SW:TOR. But yes a lot of its features seem tacked on and hit or miss.

noboard
12.19.2011 , 01:56 PM | #15
You're right about everything. How I remember the first days of WoW, no fetch quests in site. Even today while playing WoW I amaze myself at the lack of fetch quests. I happily collect 20 eggs or kill 14 monsters and love the fact it's not the same old quests.

Didn't seem much point reading the rest, so I'll leave with this comment. Real review places review the game weeks or months after launch. There's a reason for that. Oh and if you want the game to feel fresh at launch don't join in the beta's.

Now back to my bad *** SI

crazyhorsek
12.19.2011 , 01:56 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Semitote View Post
Comparing a finely tuned game with 7+ years of polish to a brand new release is rather unfair as well.

Though, I guess the world is unfair and SWTOR has to be compared to what else is currently out there - not to where the other things were at their release.
This is no argument. You wont compare your new car with the Ford Model T thats been out for 100 years. Why? Because your new car HAS to be BETTER. Because its not 1908 anymore and when a new car comes out, he has to be better than car than came out 100 years ago... So SWTOR has to be better FROM the start.

Englefield
12.19.2011 , 01:57 PM | #17
This isn't so much of a review, as simply an opinion on tor from a wow perspective. I appreciate everyone has an opinion but we're actually all playing it now. That means that most of those that disagree with you can no longer be called fan boys, because they're all forming legitimate opinions of thier own.

TradewindNQ
12.19.2011 , 01:58 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by dvvx View Post
Bioware/EA explicitly asserted that they are going after the prime competitor (WoW).
Source?

also lol @ prefacing a boring rant with your e-legacy.

Branzel
12.19.2011 , 01:58 PM | #19
I have been looking forward to this game for over 6 months, but really just counting the seconds. But know I see it and read your review I must say: ALL YOU SAY IS RIGHT! SADLY

Baizak
12.19.2011 , 01:58 PM | #20
Sorry you did not have a nice time playing an awesome game. I was not part of a top 10 wow guild, but I did stay at a holiday inn last night, so that makes my opinion on the game just as valid as yours, and I think it is the bee knees.
Proud Member of <The Meat Bags> on the Corellian Run Server
Mains: Mistai and Baltimore