PVP Quality of Life Recomendations

TmoneyTime

After thinking about pvp and all the issues that have been brought up with the current state of regs and pre-mades ( if even i dont really buy into it). I started thinking of how the system could change to benefit all players and encourage more adoption of pvp play. Below are changes that i see as a win win for hardcore and casual players alike.

PVP Rewards:

Revert the weekly so loosing a match will still provide credit and keep it at 10 Warzone wins.

Increase the tech frags to 800 for the weekly mission this is more on par with operation rewards and farming TC's. Still slower but more reasonable to gear through pvp.

Next to discourage afk famers/encourage improvement:

REG PVP Leaderboard:

Show the Reg pvp leaderboard with elo rankings. This will give the hardcore/premade teams something to shoot for. With the removal of ranked 8s this would essentially put it back in the game to a lesser degree.

REG PVP SEASON Rewards:

Rewards for getting a certain rating during a Reg season. (It doesn't really have to be a high rating and should only be 1 reward tier to encourage play that is obtainable by any one that invests time into pvp and is not an afk bot.

Matchmaking:

Matching making should prioritize game speed like it is now, But once the game is made the team's are then split to balance the elo rating on each team. Example premade team at 3,000 rating ques and a match is found they would then get the lowest elo players in that match on their side. Since they are expected to carry. Wouldnt totally fix the premade vs pug thing but matches shouldn't feel as one sided in some cases.

REG PVP Leaderboard:

Show the Reg pvp leaderboard with elo rankings.

REG PVP SEASON Rewards:

Rewards for getting a certain rating during a Reg season.

We have this already. Ranked PvP.

REG PVP SEASON Rewards:

This will give the hardcore/premade teams something to shoot for.

180 degrees opposite of what is needed. We want fewer hardcore players in Unranked PvP and none of the premades; not more.

Edited by mike_carton

We have this already. Ranked PvP.

180 degrees opposite of what is needed. We want fewer hardcore players in Unranked PvP and none of the premades; not more.

With all due respect, if you, or the development team as a whole, do not want hardcore players in unranked PvP, (and by extension, I assume you don't want hardcore behavior from otherwise casual players in unranked PvP?), then why did you add what some might call a hardcore stipulation of only wins count to the mission rewards system?

With all due respect, if you, or the development team as a whole, do not want hardcore players in unranked PvP, (and by extension, I assume you don't want hardcore behavior from otherwise casual players in unranked PvP?), then why did you add what some might call a hardcore stipulation of only wins count to the mission rewards system?

Excellent question. Although I'd like to ask something more particular: If hardcore PvPers consider casual PvP to be not worth the effort of doing the objectives, then why were add the hardcore stipulations of wins-only, and deserter debuff added to the game?

...we're waiting...

Edited by Sappharan

I can't see why the developers can't provide fun games. Just add all damage done, healing done, tanking done etc for each player in pvp games, make an average and than thats your player efficiency and balance the teams. If you have MVP's in teams they should not be more than 10-20% of the team composition...and maybe marked such as.

You're changing the topic. I oppose what you're proposing. Doesn't mean I endorse "only wins count" requirement. That's a different issue.

"only wins count" doesn't automatically make your bad idea a good one.

You're changing the topic. I oppose what you're proposing. Doesn't mean I endorse "only wins count" requirement. That's a different issue.

"only wins count" doesn't automatically make your bad idea a good one.

I'm not the OP. I'm not endorsing what the OP is suggesting. I want unranked to go back to being the truly casual mode of PvP as much as anyone else. I brought up the current mission rewards system, because it's causing regs to go in the opposite direction of that, and be almost as tense as solo ranked. If the goal is to discourage player hardcore behavior in unranked, this is something to address.

Everyone one knows that the current so called ranked pvp is a joke.

You really want to see hardcore pvp bring back ranked 8s with leaderboards and all. I miss it so much. It was such a better place then solo q arenas or grouped ranked.

There wasn't any wintrading

You could really bring most specs/classes

Yeah it was a lot of stalemates on point cap maps (or who caped the node first) but I would take that over the current ranked system in a second.

Hutball Macro's were rampant but overall it was soo much better. (Not like people arent using macros in solo ranked anyway)

We all know that none of the ranked pvp matters when the community is super small and win trading is beyond prevalent

Also Arenas are less dynamic then maps with objective and this is coming from someone who never plays objectives but in 8 man ranked sure did.

Everyone one knows that the current so called ranked pvp is a joke.

You really want to see hardcore pvp bring back ranked 8s with leaderboards and all. I miss it so much. It was such a better place then solo q arenas or grouped ranked.

There wasn't any wintrading

You could really bring most specs/classes

Yeah it was a lot of stalemates on point cap maps (or who caped the node first) but I would take that over the current ranked system in a second.

Hutball Macro's were rampant but overall it was soo much better. (Not like people arent using macros in solo ranked anyway)

We all know that none of the ranked pvp matters when the community is super small and win trading is beyond prevalent

Also Arenas are less dynamic then maps with objective and this is coming from someone who never plays objectives but in 8 man ranked sure did.

i concur

I am playing ranked for the daily quest and I am 100% sure that is not ranked. The players i get to play with obviously are another level, i just get carried and have almost no impact in the match.

PS: and i asked in guild about pvp and mostly say they don't touch it, i wonder why...

Edited by ALTHEORUS