Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What kinda bothers me is the lack of communication from the game editors. I took this afternoon off, and tomorrow to play this game.

Now I understand the fact that they want a stagerring start, and applaud their way of doing, but the lack of communication of :

Your pre-order was 452'874 which means you will be able to play the game between the 14th-15th. Cant be to hard to send a bulk mail can it? You developpe one of the most stat of the art's game in the universe, but can't send your customers a simple mail of when and how?

I'm looking for the marketing side of this, normally there is always one, but cannot find a thing!

I found on some other forums that people who CANCELLED their pre-order have got access and still can join LIVE if they re valide the payment. They recieved that mail at launch time of the USA. One actually re ordered and could play right away.

It is not suitable to treate paying customers this way. You can't say something, then say nothing to follow up. Wet the apetite then say theres no meal. It's bad marketing.

This may be something in the long run that will ruin this game : communication, updates, client services, bugs etc etc.

Exactly this.

I'm not against staggering, but

1) They should have told us earlier, and

2) There should have been an e-mail with our specific wave date/time. The lack of communication (evidenced by the clustercluck on the forums/twitter/internets) is not acceptable and, quite frankly, is a worrying start to SWTOR. Here's hoping all communication isn't like this.

Honestly, way to drop the ball on this one BioWare.

You're giving a clear advantage to people who get in today versus people getting in 5 days from now.

For people who power level, and are interested in hitting new content first...well I guess that's out the window.

This plan for stretching across release dates is announced nowhere during purchase of the game, nor in the e-mails thanking us for our purchase. Until today the only information I found is that the early access would begin on the 13th.

MMO players are used to servers going down in the first week, it's the nature of the beast. I wouldn't say we're used to buying an MMO with the expectation of starting from day 1, and entering the game to level capped players while we're still watching the intro CGI.

Oh well...back to Rift.

For those who seem to to freaking out. I was in this mornin at 4am waiting for my guilds server to come on line, the game froze, restarted and now im locked out. This should make your day go alot better, **** happens its life relax and enjoy it. A nice slow rolling start is what we all want trust me.

it would almost be funny at this point if they abandoned the game plan, invited everyone, blew the servers to hell, and had to delay the game for a month.... totally almost funny

Well, if they are not ready for it in Early Access, they will surely not be ready for 20th.

Now is a good time to test :)

Posters here that defend BW or use the whiners excuse, should know that to inform a person AHEAD is ALWAYS better than informing them on the spot. (if it is possible to warn ahead in the 1st place)

In BW case, they just should have send out time frames to people like they kind of did with beta, and not have people looking at their screens for hours.

Just a matter of planning and courtesy

sorry to say. the 80 dollars came out of my account right when i bought the game. But i did buy the digital deluxe version if that counts for somthing

No it did not, a temporary hold was placed on your chosen payment method, the funds were promptly returned to your account, - $5 deposit which is subtracted from the total on the 16th