Increased rewards of Daily Resource Matrices in 7.1.1

BryantWood

• Dev Post

Hey Community!

We’ve been keeping an eye on the inflow of Daily Resource Matrices, and will be making them easier to obtain in 7.1.1.

We’ve increased inflow of Daily Resource Matrix from the following sources:

• Group Finder Role in Need rewards 10 DRM (up from 5)
  • World Bosses reward 8 DRM on kill (up from 3)
  • Mission "[WEEKLY] Priority Targets" rewards 40 DRM (up from 20)
  • Weekly Missions for Heroic Areas reward 40 DRM (up from 20)
  • Weekly Missions for Daily Areas and Conquest Events reward 50 DRM (up from 25)

This will reduce the expected amount of Daily and Heroic missions required to upgrade gear as well as give players more options of sources for Daily Resource Matrices. We’ll continue to keep an eye on the flow of resources and make more adjustments as needed, so please keep the feedback coming!

See you on Dromund Kaas, I might join a party to help kill The First!

Edited by JackieKo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Thanks guys; this is very helpful! Any possibility on being able to trade in FP-1, OP-1, and WZ-1 at the SoW vendor for tech fragments? I think I speak for many players when I say I’m maxed out with these currencies with no reason to spend them on gear since Hyde and Zeek! It would be great if gathering more wasn’t a complete waste.
  • Like 4

We’ll continue to keep an eye on the flow of resources and make more adjustments as needed, so please keep the feedback coming!

Well I can only speak for myself, but I'm sure many fellow raiders are in similar positions. I just grudginly do the bare minimum of single player content to have enough DRMs to buy that next implant upgrade. That usually means a quick CZ-198 weekly or 2.

Tech fragments are easy enough to get through SM ops, yet I never, never will have enough. Between implants and tacticals for alts, there's just so much to spend them on, and if that wasn't enough, there's still the crafting materials for augments or just to trade, and cosmetic stuff too.

In contrast, I've been capped on OP-1 and FP-1 currencies for a while now. Even before 7.1. I have absolutely nothing to spend them on, and no way to convert them into anything useful. Hence why I suggested to just turn OP-1 and FP-1 into tech fragments. Flashpoints need to give more tech fragments anyway.

R-4 SM tokens feel pretty useless because again, all they can purchase is outdated gear, or a limited amount of cosmetics which I probably don't want. Optional conversion to tech fragments would be nice. I'm sure eventually R-4 VM tokens will be the same, but personally, not there anytime soon.

Conquest medals can at least be converted to tech frags, but they feel almost completely useless too, except when you find out you need some to upgrade your implants and have already covnerted them all to tech frags. I would also say the conversion being done in stacks of 50 is too small (so it fills your inventory with bags of tech frags when you decide to convert).

No opinion on PVP gear, I don't do PVP.

Edited by Loc_n_lol

Any possibility on being able to trade in FP-1, OP-1, and WZ-1 at the SoW vendor for tech fragments? I think I speak for many players when I say I’m maxed out with these currencies with no reason to spend them on gear since Hyde and Zeek! It would be great if gathering more wasn’t a complete waste.

Adding my voice to the chorus requesting this, I'm at the point where I'm deliberately not engaging in content that would give me otherwise useless "currency" because what's the point? Bit of a shame too because I was actually starting to like GSF

Is it at all possible to increase the amount that can be stored across the board for all Gear Upgrades resources. Caps need to be increased.

More storage space won't mean squat when there's still nothing to spend those currencies on, and more to the point there's nothing that individually needs that much currency capacity anyway.

Any consideration to upping the weekly earning cap?

Thanks for the increase, but I was thinking exactly the same about the cap. By Thursday or Friday I've hit the cap and with the proposed increase I'll be done even sooner. Even a small cap boost to 1200 or so would be helpful.

Edited by MishaCantu
  • Like 1

• JackieKo unpinned and pinned this topic

I agree with the above post and I'm happy to see we can like posts now!! The forums are so much better thank you. As far as the topic at hand, I'd also like to see the daily matrix used to buy oem/rpm. Gold augs should be more attainable atm they cost 2b, aren't even listed on the gtn cuz the price is exorbitant. Oems/rpms are being sold for about 300m right now. We need more of them on the market to drive the prices down tbh. 

Edited by Samcuu

All this is great and all, but now you make the change? Now? When people are already 331 and dont need them? With the discount you introduced on the Implants eveyone should have it all now. It came a bit too late.

Also, I have been capped on those pvp, ops, fps coms for ages now with nothing to use them for.

On 9/23/2022 at 11:05 PM, BryantWood said:

Hey Community!

We’ve been keeping an eye on the inflow of Daily Resource Matrices, and will be making them easier to obtain in 7.1.1.

We’ve increased inflow of Daily Resource Matrix from the following sources:

• Group Finder Role in Need rewards 10 DRM (up from 5)
  • World Bosses reward 8 DRM on kill (up from 3)
  • Mission "[WEEKLY] Priority Targets" rewards 40 DRM (up from 20)
  • Weekly Missions for Heroic Areas reward 40 DRM (up from 20)
  • Weekly Missions for Daily Areas and Conquest Events reward 50 DRM (up from 25)

This will reduce the expected amount of Daily and Heroic missions required to upgrade gear as well as give players more options of sources for Daily Resource Matrices. We’ll continue to keep an eye on the flow of resources and make more adjustments as needed, so please keep the feedback coming!

See you on Dromund Kaas, I might join a party to help kill The First!

Plz plz. Allow vendor to exchange Tech Fragment or Conquest Commendations with Daily Ressource Matrix. You know... there are player who do not play daily... but op, fp, warzones...

Edited by Syal
  • Like 3

On 9/25/2022 at 4:58 AM, xordevoreaux said:

Any consideration to upping the weekly earning cap?

Yeah. Doesn't matter how many we can earn, if the weekly cap is still the same. Just remove the caps, what's the point of having them anyways.

I also agree what a lot of people have said: let us convert all currencies to something else. 

It's great to see these amounts going up, so thank you for that !

What would be great to see is the amount earned go up on the following:

FP-1 - 30 for the weekly seems extremely low considering how long most of the FP are and it takes over 100 of them to upgrade one piece of gear.

OP-1 - 20 for Story Mode seems low, again because it takes well over 100 to upgrade one piece of gear.

Warzone Daily Currently gives no WZ-1 (30) would be nice to see

GSF Daily - Currently gives no WZ-1 (30) would be nice to see in place of 2 Conquest Commendations

GSF Weekly - Currently at 60 (110) would be nice to see as it would match the Warzone Weekly

Weekly caps would be great if all were increased to 1500 minimal.

• Like 4

On 9/30/2022 at 10:07 AM, Mukaida said:

It's great to see these amounts going up, so thank you for that !

What would be great to see is the amount earned go up on the following:

FP-1 - 30 for the weekly seems extremely low considering how long most of the FP are and it takes over 100 of them to upgrade one piece of gear.

OP-1 - 20 for Story Mode seems low, again because it takes well over 100 to upgrade one piece of gear.

Warzone Daily Currently gives no WZ-1 (30) would be nice to see

GSF Daily - Currently gives no WZ-1 (30) would be nice to see in place of 2 Conquest Commendations

GSF Weekly - Currently at 60 (110) would be nice to see as it would match the Warzone Weekly

Weekly caps would be great if all were increased to 1500 minimal.

All of this would be lovely before the update gets pushed. I stopped doing flashpoints all together because of the difference in time to make progress vs GSF and PvP and the balance changes 7.0 came with but would like to at least get back to doing those and being decently rewarded for it. Hoping Bioware are actually still reading this thread too, no downsides to improving the experience based on sensible feedback.

Edited by DarthCasus

On 9/23/2022 at 7:05 PM, TylerBott said:

Thanks guys; this is very helpful! Any possibility on being able to trade in FP-1, OP-1, and WZ-1 at the SoW vendor for tech fragments? I think I speak for many players when I say I’m maxed out with these currencies with no reason to spend them on gear since Hyde and Zeek! It would be great if gathering more wasn’t a complete waste.

This.  PLEASE!!!  I've been capped on OP-1 and WZ-1s forever, and I will never have enough tech frags.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

that is all nice and good to be easier to get the dail stuff, however I cap out mid week.  We really need to double to the dap for those of us who are solo players. Letting me getting the daily currency quicker just makes me cap out and then I got very little to do at that point.   So please increase the cap.  Thanks. 

On 10/14/2022 at 8:35 PM, DarthCasus said:

Almost a month since dropping this out there, curious if there's been any talk behind the scene regarding some of the sentiment found in the replies? I think they raise valid points.

pretty evident from the patch notes that they don't really care about fixing the issues with the system

but ignoring well-thought-out feedback and barreling down their own little holes seems par for the course for Bioware at the moment

I am not getting any daily resource matrix rewards from these missions/events:

-Group Finder Role in Need rewards 10 DRM (up from 5).
-World Bosses reward 8 DRM on kill (up from 3).
-Mission "[WEEKLY] Priority Targets" rewards 40 DRM (up from 20).
-Weekly Missions for Heroic Areas reward 40 DRM (up from 20).
-Weekly Missions for Daily Areas and Conquest Events reward 50 DRM (up from 25).

I am not getting any daily resource matrix period, zero, for any of these activities. No daily resource matrix rewards show for rewards in the tooltip either when picking up the missions.

2 hours ago, Dyhanna said:

More decos please. Let us buy decos with some of these currencies.

yeah, I'd happy throw hundreds of ops catalyst/fp stabilizer at things like dread thrones, RR artifacts, think I even had a small section of Rishi I was plonking down both EC and HS minecarts into

could keep some of the higher difficulty ops decorations as specific rewards but imo anything that can drop in SM is fair game

not really sure what existing PVP-associated decos could be made to use accelerant since all the older warzone commendation decos got converted to credit purchases