ENOUGH with the "underground" mobs, comps, etc.

thorrnnn

just got out of the new enclave fp where darth ziliss slips underground and i die because ARN isn't healing fast enough and noticed one heal was like 2k while the hits i was getting were 4k and up. seriously this "UNDERGROUND" bug needs to be fixed on ALL of the game.

• 1 year later...

20 Dec 2011 is when this game launched, and yet the developers appear not to have the wit to prevent mobs and comps from disappearing to fight between themselves under the ground.

Is this sheer incompetence/laziness or lack of funding from EA or maybe even an instruction from EA. copied from this forum to an ingame ticket, which will doubtless elicit the usual response to poat elewhere and that "the development team do read" but then do nothing to fix broken content. Likely again that BW does not get funding from EA to actually fix things

This isn't the only MMO with NPCs fighting and/or dying inside geometry.

In EQ1, a game that launched in 1999, it's still generally accepted standard practice if you want to loot a mob never to kill it next to a set of stairs, a tree, a cliff, or other large object that the mob might possibly fall into upon death.

Edited by xordevoreaux

And don't forget Runes of Magic, which was notorious for general client-server sync issues(1), but also for mobs that would die in an unlootable way that I've never seen in SWTOR.

Um.

Floating in the air so high you couldn't reach up to them to loot them.

(1) A mob apparently two feet in front of you on level ground could generate any of these messages:

* "Too far away"

* "Enemy is behind you"

* "Can't see enemy"

because the server governed the "true" position of the player and the foes, and the client was frequently desynchornised from the server enough that any of the above messages could happen, even for quite long range attacks.

If the client and server disagreed violently enough about where your character was, the server unceremoniously killed your character (without armour damage). The grand classic of that was walking on a narrow beam. If the server thought you were slightly to the side, it classed you as having fallen off, and the vertical drop was enough, you died. (That was why I once posted on their forums under the title "I died in my house".