I'm feeling 7.0 is the end

EllieAnne

Maybe of the game, maybe not; but definitely for me.

I've been here since beta and from the sounds of it, 7.0 will end the last vestiges of the game I started with. They're nerfing conquest - the best addition they've made in the game in a long time, PvP has long since been killed off, crafting will now be worse than the joke it already is, people are already complaining about the new gearing system, etc.

I really think once 7.0 comes out I will have to ask, is it any fun to play this game anymore.

And yes, I know Bioware doesn't care.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vote with your wallet. It's the only "feedback" they understand.

***************** STORY TIME ***********************

Before Activision released Warlords of Draenor, some 3rd party website (heretofore literally unknown) sat down with a very high muckety much in the WoW food chain. (His name rhymes with 'Scallops Nafri-a-dabi), about three weeks (iirc) before the expansion released. The question was asked:

"How will flying be handled in this expansion? Per account, or per character?"

SA replied: "Well, it's up in the air, we're not sure how were going to do it."

WoD releases. Three months in, Activision announces - NO FLYING AT ALL in WoD.

The boards exploded. Mods couldn't delete threads fast enough, and the ability to unsubscribe was REMOVED from their website. You (the customer you), had to talk to a CS rep and explain why you were unsubbing. (As if this was some mystery)

10 days later, Activision announces, that no flying "didn't fit their vision after all" or some nonsense like that. BUT, they were going to allow flying AFTER you jumped through hoops. (Because their devs are bitter, spiteful, and now unemployed and facing lawsuits)

Thus began the odyssey known as "Pathfinder". Parts one AND two.

The only metric they observe is $.

Vote with your wallet. It's the only "feedback" they understand.

except people have voted with their wallets, they have left in droves, but BW don't care, they have a revolving door policy , as long as they are making a profit, they don't care. Profits down? Release on steam, need a new boost, release new shiny , etc, etc. Even in the darkest days, when we lost 60% of the players, they barely listened to what was said, and instead, just listened to a small few select best buds on discord. A smaller group then on the forums, but because they are best buds, they must have a finger on the pulse of the community....

It won't die, because they'll just keep releasing shinny's, or promotions with other games, or new areas, etc.

It will be the end for a lot of people, but as they step aside, another lot will step in, and cycle will repeat.

i don't think that swtor will die,

i think our expectations have to.

there are some studies out there, pointing out that the playership has changed. when all the veteran players joined the game, they expected and got a conventional mmo. when i talk to new players, i totally can confirm this. they come with totally different mindsettings. the most i talked to, never would parse for hours, to improve their rotation, they expect the game to make support them. they don't even want to ready any stuff ingame. so tutorials are wasted, too.

and with all the abilities we have and love now, they are totally overstrained, but they don't care.

also they don't get the use of the utility points and if you say to them, that you change them for each boss,

they are unwilling to believe you.

i also think that 7.0 could be worse than 5.0 with all the major changes. but i think that we have to accept, that we are not the target group anymore.

and for me it also seems, that they are not caring about feedback. but if the feedback of vet players is, to get a enjoyable game for vet players. and maybe the games really needs an overhaul to attract more peoples and if we want a more conventional game, we should just go.

but to be honest. to strengthen our argumentation by the time we played the game, how long we subbed, is just nonsense.

Edited by fabsus

Yeah, yeah, yeah .... Blah, blah blah.

4.0, er 5.0, er 6.0, no wait 7.0 .... yeah, that's it .... 7.1 is definitely the end, or maybe 7.2, definitely 8.0 ... 😂😂

(It's got to be correct sometime)

Yeah, it'll end some day. 10 years is a solid lifespan for an MMO already. If it weren't for the license expense(which would at some point make it more expensive to keep running than it's worth) they'd probably keep it running indefinitely like a few other old MMOs they've got. Non-license expenses are typically proportional to the player base.

It won't die, because they'll just keep releasing shinny's, or promotions with other games, or new areas, etc.

It will be the end for a lot of people, but as they step aside, another lot will step in, and cycle will repeat.

Except over time that is a downward spiral. They aren't merging / consolidating servers because the player population is going UP.

The Activision defenders used to defend the WoW Dev's decisions by saying, "People always come back". Except they don't. My (and many other's) friends list is testament to that.

Then the defenders would say, "Well people subscribe, do the content and leave". (Any of this sounding familiar?)

Except that was similarly untrue. Up until WoD (where at release subs had dipped from 12.1 m in WotLK to 5.1 at the beginning of WoD), the trend was downward, but not spiky. The WoD releases, subs spike to 5.6m, drop to 5.1 m in three months, and then 4.5 m three months after that.

Then Activisiion stopped reporting subs.

12.1 m x $ 15 / month x 12 months / year is 1.8 Billion in annual sub revenue.

5.1 m x $ 15 / month x 12 months / year is 918 Million.

Decisions made BY THE DEVS cost the company nearly a BILLION dollars a year in sub fees alone. (The excuse was "everybody got married and started families and didn't have time for MMOs. /rolls eyes)

As I've said., I've seen this before.

Yeah, yeah, yeah .... Blah, blah blah.

4.0, er 5.0, er 6.0, no wait 7.0 .... yeah, that's it .... 7.1 is definitely the end, or maybe 7.2, definitely 8.0 ... 😂😂

(It's got to be correct sometime)

do you lack reading comprehension? it's the end for the OP theyre leaving. many more will follow

Maybe of the game, maybe not; but definitely for me.

do you lack reading comprehension? it's the end for the OP theyre leaving. many more will follow

Yeah, yeah, blah, blah .... 😂😂

Many will follow, many will not. Many will leave, many will begin. We've seen and heard it many times before already. Sheesh. 🙄

I think people will come back in droves, run out of content and hit that max lvl equipment rating, then get bored and leave. I do think more players will be playing 7.0 than 6.0.. I personally will. these doomsday thread come like clockwork every major update. :D

I'm feeling 7.0 is the end

1) Another gaming company could screw up royally and vomit players at us as one did recently.

2) As mentioned, the content locusts will swoop down in a cloud of mild interest, consume all story, and leave again.

3) Anyone who starts playing the day after 7.0 launches will have no idea what anyone's bellyaching about.

THE SKY IS FALLING

.....again.

The game is ten years old. The sky WILL fall someday. The servers will get shut down. The game will disappear.

It'd be nice if before that happens the devs send one final update so that people who have it can continue to play it offline/solo. Do something like they did with half of the flashpoints to make the grouping content playable solo and offline, and then you won't need servers, you won't need support, you won't need anything. You just continue to play it into perpetuity.

i don't think that swtor will die,

i think our expectations have to.

there are some studies out there, pointing out that the playership has changed. when all the veteran players joined the game, they expected and got a conventional mmo. when i talk to new players, i totally can confirm this. they come with totally different mindsettings. the most i talked to, never would parse for hours, to improve their rotation, they expect the game to make support them. they don't even want to ready any stuff ingame. so tutorials are wasted, too.

and with all the abilities we have and love now, they are totally overstrained, but they don't care.

also they don't get the use of the utility points and if you say to them, that you change them for each boss,

they are unwilling to believe you.

i also think that 7.0 could be worse than 5.0 with all the major changes. but i think that we have to accept, that we are not the target group anymore.

and for me it also seems, that they are not caring about feedback. but if the feedback of vet players is, to get a enjoyable game for vet players. and maybe the games really needs an overhaul to attract more peoples and if we want a more conventional game, we should just go.

but to be honest. to strengthen our argumentation by the time we played the game, how long we subbed, is just nonsense.

I think those types of players have always existed. The trick for the developer is to convince them that overcoming their laziness will be "worth it", that there's a reason to become good at the game, to go that extra mile. In BW's case they seem to be under the impression that "it shouldn't be worth it". "You got 999 renown? Here, have a title and 20 cartel coins (less than a $.25)." "You got the highest rank in arenas (without cheating)? Here's a title and a slightly different colored vehicle that everyone's getting as a subscriber reward in a few weeks. And a picture for your stronghold." I'm only slightly exaggerating.

There should be a community within a community that the sloth-people know is "out there, waiting for them to join" if they just start committing time, effort and maybe money (subscriber $) and that's where the real fun, the real "glory", the "status", is. Part of their job is to create/manage/inspire a community, a "world". BW doesn't understand that at all. The FFIV guy, Yoshida, definitely does. The R4 requirement for the best gear is actually a step in the right direction along those lines (but I have other issues with forced raiding and with only one new raid).

My intention was not to strengthen my argument or add gravitas by my time here. It was to point out that the game I bought and played 24 hrs at a clip was the original game. Juxtapose the opening day game to how it is now.

Juxtapose the opening day game to how it is now.

opening day players were beta players. anything you did outside of leveling the story and enjoying the interactive cinematics was broken and remained broken for years. not an exaggeration, years.

the game crawled to a halt with more than 5 players were actively playing in the same area. dead zones everywhere. clipping everywhere. daily mobs that were unkillable but kept you in combat for 20 minutes unless you used your 24hr cd fleet pass. I don't know what funky beer goggles you're looking at 1.x through, but it was shoddy and we were beta testers for the better part of a year.

RNG expertise gear. lul

fully expertise geared trolls standing in aoe to flag and then grief pve players in daily areas (ilum, belsavis).

the class balance in 1.x was ludicrously bad. no cd on pyro pt railshot proc. do you have any idea how broken that was? imagine a fully charged energy burst every 2-4 gcd.

Edited by CheesyEZ

Yeah the new gearing system feels highly forced, I am not sure why they decided to do that even though the majority of the community is clearly against it and we have WoW as an example of a game that uses this system and its not doing well at all.

I honestly am not sure if i ll continue to enjoy swtor with these changes and it would be a tragic thing to happen in the 10th year anniversary

but i think that we have to accept, that we are not the target group anymore.

But who is LOL?

Story players? You could say that with KOTFEET, but now? The story moves at a glacial pace nowadays, lacks any fresh ideas or new memorable characters and just rehashes same old stuff (Malgus for the 29374th time). 7.0 will be the shortest story "expansion" ever, with barely 1 planet and 1 Flashpoint.

OPS players? It would SEEM that way but 7.0 won't even have a new op released in December lol... (and you can bet its gonna get delayed even further multiple times till like spring '22)

PVP? GSF? Obviously not.

I actually do wonder who Bioware thinks they're "targeting" with this cause it seems like absolutely NO ONE lol

Edited by Pietrastor

I actually do wonder who Bioware thinks they're "targeting" with thie cause it seems like absolutely NO ONE lol

Shareholders and higher-ups.

Not really great there cuz unlike WoW, swtor has no token, WoW right now is only profitable due to high end addicts but more importantly the vast amounts of people who buy tokens to buy boosts, a form of legal gold buying which has proven to be quite profitable.

Unless swtor plans to introduce some form of credit to sub token system I highly doubt they will be making a huge amount of profit with the new changes, if anything it doesnt look like they ll be attracting many people, maybe an attempt to get a few of WoW's playerbase that is exiting en mass but i doubt its that many and they wont stay since swtor has very very long content droughts.

Edited by ralphieceaser

But who is LOL?

[...]

new players, like the ones who came with the steam release.

there are so many who actually don't need new content,

because they still haven't finished the old stories.

for example i lead a raid group of beginners, to get them into operations,

and motivate them to improve their playstyles. combined with the other

beginner groups of the guild, the player pool is around 50 ppl.

just one of them has all the 4 buffs. and of these ppl just 2 have finished

the complete story, but also just with one character.

but tbh i also tend to stop playing swtor, but still have some hundreds days gametime.

Edited by fabsus