Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

JediAkemi
08.07.2017 , 12:18 PM | #9161
Quote: Originally Posted by orangenee View Post
Only one weirdo really.

Some dude who felt compelled to rant about ERPers ruining RP in the game at any available opportunity.

Funny thing is afterwards I was doing stuff on Nar Shaddar and the same guy was STILL banging on about it in the chat.

When I came back and logged in after 2 hours, he was on Drommund Kaas ranting on.

Talk about one man crusade.
Was he doing that ranting during a groupfinder activity (i.e. inside the flashpoint, uprising or Op) ? Otherwise it doesn't count for this thread.

codysmoke
08.07.2017 , 08:53 PM | #9162
I love this thread and finally got a decent one, here it goes.

So it starts out with me saying to myself, "<Character Name> (because that's what I call myself in my head) I want the Kaon Veteran Mode cheevos, so I ask my bro to help me so he hops on his Shadow Dps and I recruit for some others, instantly get a Shadow, and Sent. So we are off with a Sent, Shadow (weird one), my bro Shadow, and me on my Sent.

We zone in and the Shadow (who will now be called weird) and I are waiting for others, Weird starts cracks jokes about licking butts and way too many dick jokes. I let him talk and he stops, he leads the group into unnecessary fights( the big room that you can ride the wall through and kill mobs by the door, and road to spaceport), I tell them to follow me and get no reply, repeat 2-3 times.

We get to Expulsar bonus and decide to kill it, he ignored the koltos and adds. After 2 wipes we down it. We down final boss easy and head to convo, which is bugged. Half of us are on the overhead platform, and the other two of us are right behind boss. We spend 10 minutes trying to get it and Weird leaves, 5 minutes later I leave, as I am zoning into fleet my bro says he got it. I hate bugs.
http://www.swtor.com/r/tqjfvB
Let's be honest, you know what that is, I don't need to tell you.

mrwayn
08.08.2017 , 04:47 AM | #9163
Quote: Originally Posted by codysmoke View Post
We down final boss easy and head to convo, which is bugged. Half of us are on the overhead platform, and the other two of us are right behind boss. We spend 10 minutes trying to get it and Wierd leaves, 5 minutes later I leave, as I am zoning into fleet my bro says he got it. I hate bugs.
If you are affected by this bug (if the convo appears downstairs for you, that is), just leave the instance and load back in. You'll have to run back, but the bug will be gone.
You want free stuff? This is my referal link: http://www.swtor.com/r/CfpyNm

jedimasterkiwi
08.08.2017 , 05:03 AM | #9164
Quote: Originally Posted by Paanu View Post
We were on a Hammer Station yesterday where the fourth didn't even login to the FP until after we cleared the first boss and then managed to get themselves killed, twice, with all the trash cleared between the first and second boss. We finally had enough and vote kicked, then finished the FP with a companion.
And people complain when players get mad about this kinda stuff, really grinds my gears. I know people have lives outside SWTOR and maybe they are just not great at the game, fine that's all good but why que if you don't join then continually die lol....just do some solo PVE content and get better or stay for the FP and ask for tips and make it look like you trying. I like to consider myself a nice person but there are some people on swtor that push me to limit smh
Ya boi Jedimasterkiwi
Refer a Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Hv7s8q
Gives you some goodies and 7 days FREE subscription for new players and returning subscribers, so its a win-win

orangenee
08.08.2017 , 05:55 AM | #9165
Quote: Originally Posted by JediAkemi View Post
Was he doing that ranting during a groupfinder activity (i.e. inside the flashpoint, uprising or Op) ? Otherwise it doesn't count for this thread.
Well, yeah. He died twice so he had plenty of time (veteran False Emperor).

The rest is just fluff.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

Gelious
08.08.2017 , 08:55 AM | #9166
Wanted to tell this one for a while, but kept forgetting about it.

Czerka Core Meltdown, HM. Party: me (Commando dps), Commando heal, Guardian tank and somebody else.

For reasons unknown Guardian obsessed with corner pulls. He repeatedly gathers all mobs in area, and brings them to us. (It's something I never saw anyone do in this particular FP) But he doesn't actually warn anyone that he's doing that, so.... yea. It ends in his death at least once. Healer is not a big fun of this, neither am I, Guardian doesn't care and keep doing, 2 dps never said a word during tne entire FP.

We down 2 bosses. Guardian continues to gather all mobs and bring to us. After another not particulary successful fight (I think someone died), guardian and healer start arguing, because tank blames him for people dying, and healer isnt happy with him. They argue all the way to the Vigilant and during the fight, I didnt have time to read the exchange, but I looked at it later.

Their argument ends in a stalemate: healer decides to heal everybody except the tank, and tank refuses to tank until healer changes his mind. Meanwhille Vigilant staying on his platorm, since tank refuses to pull until healer will heal him.

I see that this is going nowhere and I really want to be done here, so I pull Vigilant instead. Well I try to, since when I attack him he pulls me to him instead. I never play tank, I didnt know Vigilant even can do that, so I am in a little panic and I jump down, boss is following me. I proceed to tank him, since, hey, I am Commando, i have 3 lifes and we have a healer who actually heals me, so.... yea. We kill the boss and end FP.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Xatras - Jedi Guardian; Xatra - Commando; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin.

Jevaruss
08.08.2017 , 01:33 PM | #9167
On my tank a while back, get a Directive 7 veteran FP with a healer, a level 70 commando dps, and another dps. Like pretty much every other Directive 7 group, I avoid the unnecessary mobs, skip the bonus since it takes too long, etc. The commando pulls a few mobs, I tank them, no big deal. Then we get to that mini-boss (that giant droid with the 2 turrets), me and the other 2 players go on by, wait for like a minute while the commando hasn't moved, then they decide to pull the boss. I type "...." in the chat, we beat the boss; I made a comment telling the commando there's no need to pull everything without us. Commando retorts by saying they wouldn't have to if I hadn't just run ahead for every mob. I inform the commando that I'm a tank. Commando replies with: "I don't give a rat's *** what you are." I'm like "K." and lazily sort of tank the last boss, letting the commando get aggro a couple of times and clear it.

Don't know why a level 70 player would need to attack nearly every mob in a flashpoint. They don't need xp, and it's a terrible rate for getting cxp. I always let the tank set the pace in FPs, didn't know some people think it's an issue if the tank decides to skip mobs.
OG Commando life.

Star Forge, formerly Shadowlands.

LordTurin
08.08.2017 , 05:28 PM | #9168
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
snip
Nevermind, misread.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

VaeVictis
08.09.2017 , 06:52 AM | #9169
Quote: Originally Posted by mrwayn View Post
If you are affected by this bug (if the convo appears downstairs for you, that is), just leave the instance and load back in. You'll have to run back, but the bug will be gone.
If you go to your Stronghold and back you don't have run back.

Gelious
08.18.2017 , 05:37 PM | #9170
So me on my Sin alt, 2 other sins and a PT were doing Hammer Tactical.

We get to the 1 boss, 1 sin gets aggro, gets the beam, dies. 2 sin receives aggro, gets the beam, dies too. I get the aggro, get the beam and stacks, hit Force Shroud, lose the stacks, me and PT kill boss.

Why other sins couldnt do that is a mystery. Okey, one had like 100k hp, maybe new. Other had 128k+ hp. How come?

Got a pop for Korriban HM, group is operative healer, sniper, me, and a tank 58 level. Sniper is still at Section X, doesn't bother to come in

Me: Tank, please tell me, you know your stuff;D

Tank: Maybe

Healer: *leaves*

Me: Sniper, are you coming?

Sniper: *silence through entire ordeal*

Tank: *leaves*

Sniper: (who is still at Section X) *leaves*
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Xatras - Jedi Guardian; Xatra - Commando; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin.