Where do I get Ship upgrade schematics from?

AlexKeehn

I am a level 34 smuggler with 250 Cybertech, 249 Underworld trading and 253 Scavenging, and want to produce my own schematics for Ship upgrades and Mounts. I can’t seem to buy the schematics from the Cybertech trainer, so where do you get the schematics from.

I am interested in starting with the Schematics for Grade 2 Ship Armor, where do I get this schematic from?

I apologise for the newbie nature of this post, I have never played a MMO before, so I am new to crafting

I'm pretty sure you get them from slicing missions. However, since you're a cybertech, you probably already have underworld trading and scavenging. Your best bet is to use the Galactic Trade Network in the fleet. Slicers sell the schematics for ship upgrades there for dirt cheap now, because there's really no money in it for a cybertech to sell the crafted upgrades.

• 9 months later...
  • 9 years later...

After doing a ton of research on this because I as well have been looking for ways to get the Ship Upgrade Schematics, here is what I found...

Currently, the Ship Upgrade Schematics drop from the Slicing Crew Skill missions. However, they do not drop from just any Slicing mission. They only drop from missions that say "Lockbox" in the rewards section of the mission details.

Now, before I continue explaining, look at the following screenshot that lists Ship Upgrade Parts that can be crafted with Schematics. (Note: This screenshot was taken from Swtorista's website. Very useful site. Please check it out with the link at the end of this post.)

https://i.imgur.com/AgekdPM.jpeg

Notice that Ship Upgrade Part Schematics don't exist for all Grade levels. Only certain Grades have Schematics.

Now that I've pointed that out, Let's continue...

To get a Ship Upgrade Part Schematic from a Slicing Lockbox mission, you have to first match up the mission Grade level with the Grade level of the part you are trying to obtain. So for example, If you are trying to get the Grade 4 Beam Generator Schematic, then you would farm the Grade 4 Slicing Lockbox mission.

Now, please note that these missions are not guaranteed to drop the Schematics every time. In fact, the chances of getting one is pretty low. Not mind-numbing impossible, just low. So far I have gotten 1 Ship Upgrade Schematic after about 10 to 20 tries, and I think that's an over-exaggeration of the difficulty. Also, what Schematic you get will be random but it will be the same Grade as the mission. I should also note that all of the Companions I used in this test were Influence level 50 and the character I was on was a level 17 Imperial Agent on Dromund Kaas. I do not know if Influence levels effect the drop rate but I felt, if there was a chance that it did, a bit of transparency was warranted.

To prove that the Schematics do indeed come from the Slicing Lockbox Crew Skill missions, I now offer this screenshot, that I took an hour ago today, of me getting a Grade 4 Schematic from a Grade 4 Lockbox Slicing Crew Skill mission...

https://i.imgur.com/L7XOkPM.jpg

Anyhow, I hope that you or anyone who reads this post will find this information useful.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

May the force be with you.

P.S.- Here is a link to the page on Swtorista's website where I took that screenshot from. That list of Ship Upgrade Parts is about halfway down the page, Just do a page search for "Ship Upgrades" and you will find it right away. Enjoy.

https://swtorista.com/articles/swtor-cybertech-crafting-guide/

Edited by Stealthbat

You should probably have mentioned the other source of space mission schematics (and an actually more usefule one!). The Swtorista page you linked actually mentions this other source, the vendor on the Fleet, the one that sells Grade 6 and Grade 7 schematics. (Slicing Lockbox missions only drop Grade 2 and Grade 4 schematics, which are probably going to cost a *lot* more in mission costs than just buying Grade 1/3/5 from the vendors in spaceports.)

You should probably have mentioned the other source of space mission schematics (and an actually more useful one!). The Swtorista page you linked actually mentions this other source, the vendor on the Fleet, the one that sells Grade 6 and Grade 7 schematics. (Slicing Lockbox missions only drop Grade 2 and Grade 4 schematics, which are probably going to cost a *lot* more in mission costs than just buying Grade 1/3/5 from the vendors in spaceports.)

You're right. I could have mentioned that. However, I didn't because of 2 reasons.

Reason 1. The post would have been far too long if I added anything more.

Reason 2. Getting the Grade 6 & 7 Schematics from the fleet are super expensive as mentioned by "Shayddow", due to the fact that they cost Requisition points, and not credits.

I could have also mentioned the GTN/Auction House, but I didn't because finding any Schematics there for anything above a Grade 2 is near impossible as there has been quite the drought of Grade 4 and up Schematics on the GTN for a long while now.

I was only focusing on the Crew Skills method as it seems to be the most accessible way to get them as it doesn't cost much credits to run those missions.

I hope you found this response informative.

Edited by Stealthbat

You're right. I could have mentioned that. However, I didn't because of 2 reasons.

Reason 1. The post would have been far too long if I added anything more.

Reason 2. Getting the Grade 6 & 7 Schematics from the fleet are super expensive as mentioned by "Shayddow", due to the fact that they cost Requisition points, and not credits.

I could have also mentioned the GTN/Auction House, but I didn't because finding any Schematics there for anything above a Grade 2 is near impossible as there has been quite the drought of Grade 4 and up Schematics on the GTN for a long while now.

I was only focusing on the Crew Skills method as it seems to be the most accessible way to get them as it doesn't cost much credits to run those missions.

I hope you found this response informative.

The fleet NPC for starship upgrades sells three Grade 7 schematics. I can’t recall which 3 and I’m not logged in to check right now.

I know it’s possible to get others because I’ve seen them on the GTN for 500 million credits and up (which puts them out of my price range, at least for now). I had been wondering which mission set at what level would get me other Grade 7 schematics. Reading the advice on this thread, I’ll get my best slicers on level 7 lockbox missions.

Armor 7 is at vendor for 350 fleet commendations

Beam Gen 7 is at vendor for 350 fleet commendations

Shield Regenerator 7 is at vendor for 350 fleet commendations

Beam Charger 7 is at vendor for 350 fleet commendations.

EMP generator Grade 7 is at vendor for 350 fleet commendations

Craftables:

Concussion missile magazine (grade 7)schematic is 500 fleet commendations

Deflector shield schematic (grade 7) is 500 fleet commendations

Improved warfare pad is craftable and costs 350 fleet commendations

Other:

Improved power conversion module is for sale in credits (costs 200,000 credits)

Proton torpedo tube is 50 fleet commendations.

That does it for all 10 slots.

I have yet to get top-of-the line on any 1 character but I'm working on it.

My cybertechs have grade 6 schematics for the 4 craftables but only 1 for the 7's.:D