Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why no love for Huttball?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why no love for Huttball?

Arlanon
03.02.2013 , 07:58 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by biguydeadd
I score quite a lot running across the last firepit while it's up in flames(sorc ftw)

Ok ok by quite a lot,maybe 5 times the whole of last week,so maybe a slight exaggeration there.

Also got an unlucky lag spike once and ran into one of the little corner pillars while the fire was up...
lol what I mean is i have the ball, i'm standing in front of the fire pit, KNOWING a nearby enemy is just salivating waiting for me to walk over it so they can stun me

i wait for one of several team members to run over it unmolested so i can pass or jump to them. none do. they stand there derping around in a circle at me

that happened more than 5 times last week. thank god for alt+up arrow "get in front of me" spam

Banderal
03.02.2013 , 08:25 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
lol what I mean is i have the ball, i'm standing in front of the fire pit, KNOWING a nearby enemy is just salivating waiting for me to walk over it so they can stun me

i wait for one of several team members to run over it unmolested so i can pass or jump to them. none do. they stand there derping around in a circle at me

that happened more than 5 times last week. thank god for alt+up arrow "get in front of me" spam
This, this and a thousand times THIS! Or, also, the flip side. The other guy has the ball, and you are waiting on the other side of the fire, and does he/she pass? No, they wait for the fire to go out, start across, get stunned, and burn up.

Irks me to no end.

But I like HB, overall.

Master-Nala
03.02.2013 , 11:02 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Mackeyla View Post
If we could select which warzones to queue for I'd pick Huttball every single time. Even a bad huttball is better than an "awesome" voidstar.
Why don't you like Voidstar? That seems to be another "love it or hate it" warzone.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

KillaDeuce
03.02.2013 , 11:04 PM | #24
If I was able to, I would queue for nothing else but huttball
Situational Awareness: improve your Unranked WZ experience
Charric - sniper - POT5 / Bastion
Verbäl - PT - POT5 / Bastion

NathanielStarr
03.02.2013 , 11:28 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Defecter View Post
Why? Hmmm...

- When playing a non-leaping melee class/spec, I spend more time running around like a dimwitted Twi'Lek on LSD instead of fighting/doing the objectives.
I find it funny that people try to say this point isn't true.

It's not like most classes have any way to resist being knocked off ledges or pulled off or whatever and few classes have ways of getting right back up without running all the way around.

biowareftw
03.02.2013 , 11:35 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Lordmird View Post
Why does everyone hate huttball? I mean, you don't HAVE to run the ball.

I play as a Sniper most of the time, and Snipers generally own in Huttball. I never touch the ball, I sit at the top of the ledges throwing down G's of damage for as long as I want. It's a load of fun. My team ALWAYS wins.

So, why no love for huttball?
Huttball is the best warzone/battleground I have ever played.

Why do people hate it? Different from what they are used to.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

Drudenfusz
03.03.2013 , 01:43 AM | #27
I have very mixed feelings about huttball. My class seems to be quite good for that warzone. I play as a shadow tank, and know what I am doing. That means I end up carring the ball quite often, but often I end up wondering what the rest of my team is doing. I mean in random groups almost nobody seems to be helping winning the game, they go and zerg somewhere instead of healing me, pulling me closer to the goalline, protecting me, or just be somewhere I can through them the ball to when something when wrong and I ended up i the pit... that makes this warzone one of the most frustrating one, because it seems that it is more team dependant than the others.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

NLxAROSA
03.03.2013 , 01:54 AM | #28
It's true not many people know how to play it. Yesterday I had four of the opposing team chasing me around (I play as sniper), while the rest of my team kept scoring. Quite funny.

Arlanon
03.03.2013 , 01:57 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by NLxAROSA
It's true not many people know how to play it. Yesterday I had four of the opposing team chasing me around (I play as sniper), while the rest of my team kept scoring. Quite funny.
I don't always derp in Huttball

But when I do, it's to do this

Technohic
03.03.2013 , 02:23 AM | #30
Love Huttball. On my sniper as well as about every other AC in the game, but really love it as my sniper. I don't just stay up top much. Depends on if I am controlling mid. I will move up and use leg shot to stop pursuers (often better to not kill them) of our carriers or even get in place to catch the ball and pass it along. Had a sorce pull me around tonight and I was up at the endzone before I knew it. Give me a class with an enemy pull and LOLS will be had as well.