7.1 Modifications - What's available and how to get them

BryantWood

I love this vendor.

here's why:

I hate the gearing system that was put in place with 7.0 As I've said before, as MANY MANY MANY player posters have said before, it's horrible and unnecessarily extra grindy.

But getting to 324 via conquest isn't too bad.

Getting legendary implants up to 330 isn't even too bad.

While I am mostly a solo player, joining the odd Vet mode flashpoint is no big deal. Wading through the crap loot and hoping that you get a 330 prototype implant (thanks to the ratings of the legendary you already have) is nice and so far hasn't taken more than 5 pug vet FPs (once on Star Forge and once on Satele Shan....Darth Malgus is up next).

As for WHY???

That should be obvious.

Gearing alts via credits at that vendor is WAY faster than grinding gear and sending to alts.

SO much faster.

I can even buy them tank sets and healer sets in addition to the DPS sets.

Why ANYONE is complaining about this vendor is beyond me.

Edited by Darev

yeah, those vendors are really nice, made me able to gear up to my liking quite fast, so thanks :)

only thing I would want now (as a crafter ^^):

being able to deconstruct the blue 330 armorings/hilts/barrels/mods for a purple variant that we could craft ourselves...

One can dream...

• Like 1

Sorry, but I can't find anything good out of it.

I am still angry crafting is cast to the crap pile.

I want to craft REAL gear.

I want to craft my own mods.

I wan to have MEANING for crafting again.

Do I mind I need special crafting mats?

No but I want to get away from this bloody fixed gear.

Right now crafting is a joke since it's usefulness other than Augmentations end on level 75.

This buy the mods via creds is just another hard slap into the face of crafters.

• Like 1

I love this vendor.

here's why:

I hate the gearing system that was put in place with 7.0 As I've said before, as MANY MANY MANY player posters have said before, it's horrible and unnecessarily extra grindy.

But getting to 324 via conquest isn't too bad.

Getting legendary implants up to 330 isn't even too bad.

While I am mostly a solo player, joining the odd Vet mode flashpoint is no big deal. Wading through the crap loot and hoping that you get a 330 prototype implant (thanks to the ratings of the legendary you already have) is nice and so far hasn't taken more than 5 pug vet FPs (once on Star Forge and once on Satele Shan....Darth Malgus is up next).

As for WHY???

That should be obvious.

Gearing alts via credits at that vendor is WAY faster than grinding gear and sending to alts.

SO much faster.

I can even buy them tank sets and healer sets in addition to the DPS sets.

Why ANYONE is complaining about this vendor is beyond me.

I agree (for the most part). I have an i-rating of 324 .. (with a couple of pieces of 326) .. and all I'm getting is the "introductory statements from both characters. (Nothing wrong with the intro.) ... However, apparently that's also ALL I'm getting. :confused:

[/scratches head] ... hmmmmm

It might be nice if we found out WHY we were not progressing any further?? If I'm missing a qualifier that's cool. I just need for them to point me in the right direction! I may be a bit slow but I WILL get there !!

;)

Edit: Went back today .. different character with the same equipment (i-rating of 324 ...etc) AND got the process started just fine.

Edited by OlBuzzard

Hi players!

Zeek's Deconstruction: 328 Prototype

Completing this Mission will allow the player to purchase (each costs 100,000 credits)

• Resistive Armoring 99
  • Versatile Armoring 99
  • Resistive Barrel 99
  • Versatile Barrel 99
  • Bulwark Enhancement 99
  • Proficient Enhancement 99
  • Savant Enhancement 99
  • Powerful Enhancement 99
  • Bastion Enhancement 99
  • Resistive Hilt 99
  • Versatile Hilt 99
  • Lethal Mod 99
  • Warding Mod 99B

Zeek's Deconstruction: 330 Prototype

Completing this Mission will allow the player to purchase (each costs 100,000 credits)

• Resistive Armoring 100
  • Versatile Armoring 100
  • Resistive Barrel 100
  • Versatile Barrel 100
  • Bulwark Enhancement 100
  • Proficient Enhancement 100
  • Savant Enhancement 100
  • Powerful Enhancement 100
  • Bastion Enhancement 100
  • Resistive Hilt 100
  • Versatile Hilt 100
  • Lethal Mod 100
  • Warding Mod 100B

Zeek's Deconstruction: 328 Artifact

Completing this Mission will allow the player to purchase (each costs 200,000 credits)

• Advanced Initiative Enhancement 95
  • Advanced Nimble Enhancement 95
  • Advanced Adept Enhancement 95
  • Advanced Vigilant Enhancement 95
  • Advanced Steadfast Enhancement 95

Zeek's Deconstruction: 330 Artifact

Completing this Mission will allow the player to purchase (each costs 200,000 credits)

• Advanced Initiative Enhancement 96
  • Advanced Nimble Enhancement 96
  • Advanced Adept Enhancement 96
  • Advanced Vigilant Enhancement 96
  • Advanced Steadfast Enhancement 96

See you on the Fleet!

Is there some reason the Artifact/Advanced ones have a lower rating number than the prototype ones? That doesn't make sense or follow the logic of all previous enhancements.

Edited by Zindoki

I agree (for the most part). I have an i-rating of 324 .. (with a couple of pieces of 326) .. and all I'm getting is the "introductory statements from both characters. (Nothing wrong with the intro.) ... However, apparently that's also ALL I'm getting. :confused:

[/scratches head] ... hmmmmm

It might be nice if we found out WHY we were not progressing any further?? If I'm missing a qualifier that's cool. I just need for them to point me in the right direction! I may be a bit slow but I WILL get there !!

;)

Edit: Went back today .. different character with the same equipment (i-rating of 324 ...etc) AND got the process started just fine.

Not sure.

I ran into that on the 2nd server I've done it on.

I didn't think of sending the gear to an alt, I just tried again on Tuesday and I got the mission.

Maybe you can only try once a week per toon?

Seems silly given everything is shared to legacy if that's the case.

Not sure.

I ran into that on the 2nd server I've done it on.

I didn't think of sending the gear to an alt, I just tried again on Tuesday and I got the mission.

Maybe you can only try once a week per toon?

Seems silly given everything is shared to legacy if that's the case.

Now if I can only get my hands on something to break down!! I really like using Mods so I can "tweak" things a bit. That has worked out quite well for me in the past. I'm really glad to see this option available now!

Kudos to the team ... much appreciated!!

I deconstructed a piece of equipment with a rating of 330 rakata.

Zeek is not for sale: Advanced Nimble and Adept Enhancement

Zeek's Deconstruction: 330 Artifact

Advanced Initiative Enhancement 96

Advanced Nimble Enhancement 96

Advanced Adept Enhancement 96

Advanced Vigilant Enhancement 96

Advanced Steadfast Enhancement 96

OK So I just completed the 330 artifact quest, and.. The purple ones have less endurance and more power, but the same overall numbers [edited because i thought they were exactly the same before since the numbers are the same]

So maybe blue better for tanks and purple better for dps/healers by a little bit, nothing major.

Blue has 406 endurance 371 power, purple has 371 endurance 406 power, so 35 more power and 35 less endurance, so swapping out 7 of them would give you 245 more power and 245 less endurance. Negligible difference really almost not worth doing it. Now if it was more tertiary stat that would be ideal.

Edited by Zindoki

OK So I just completed the 330 artifact quest, and.. The artifact enhancements are EXACTLY the same as a the 330 prototype ones.. what's the deal? why even bother doing the 330 artifact quest? I feel like I wasted a piece of gear i could have upgraded past 330 just to do the quest.

they are???

I thought they would at least have more power (and less endurance)?

EDIT: just found a comparison on mmobits: the numbers are the same but reversed:

blue: 371 power + 406 endurance + 554 tertiary

purple: 371 endurance + 406 power + 554 tertiary

but if there really is no difference then indeed, what is the point

(on the positive side as a non-raider: I don't have to hunt for a 330 artifact piece ^^)

Edited by Dekibra

they are???

I thought they would at least have more power (and less endurance)?

EDIT: just found a comparison on mmobits: the numbers are the same but reversed:

blue: 371 power + 406 endurance + 554 tertiary

purple: 371 endurance + 406 power + 554 tertiary

but if there really is no difference then indeed, what is the point

(on the positive side as a non-raider: I don't have to hunt for a 330 artifact piece ^^)

Ah yeah i only noticed the numbers are exactly the same, but I see what they did. They removed some endurance and added a bit more power , making the total numbers the same but the stats moved around slightly. So for something like heals the purple ones give a bit more power, for tank maybe the blue ones are better. My mistake for not noticing they changed the order of the stats on it, although the numbers are still the same haha

What is the purpose of doing the missions for Zeek's 328 Prototype and 328 Artifacts?

Isn't the 330 Prototype and 330 Artifacts better?

Seems like a waste to deconstruct your blue and purple items for the 328's when you can do the same thing for the 330's and get top mods.

What am I misunderstanding about doing all 4 missions?

EDIT: And why couldn't these vendors be Legacy accessible? Kinda a pain in the butt having to go back and forth and mail items to each of your alts when it would be so much easier for each of your characters to be able to go up, adjust the filters for that char, and buy them directly?

Edited by Banthabreeder

What is the purpose of doing the missions for Zeek's 328 Prototype and 328 Artifacts?

Isn't the 330 Prototype and 330 Artifacts better?

Seems like a waste to deconstruct your blue and purple items for the 328's when you can do the same thing for the 330's and get top mods.

What am I misunderstanding about doing all 4 missions?

EDIT: And why couldn't these vendors be Legacy accessible? Kinda a pain in the butt having to go back and forth and mail items to each of your alts when it would be so much easier for each of your characters to be able to go up, adjust the filters for that char, and buy them directly?

I think the 328 ones are for people who pvp only as the 328 would be the best to use for pvp

• 2 months later...

The only benefit of these mods is to buy e.g 330 gear for alts if they feel too lazy to use legacy gear. It has the same stats as the Rakata gear. What I am missing are more versions of the mods with different stats, so you can experiment and reach maximum numbers like the gear in the 6.0 patch. The new gear feels like an IQ-lock with no alternative stats to work with. I guess BW wants normal players to do the same numbers as the smart players (who knew how to utilize stats from mods in e.g the 6.0 patch).

Edited by Lirtoo