Heskal In Veteran Mode

Ravenwhyte

This is a quite hard task for a class without self-heal, like Vanguard. Here are some advices from my experience:

1. Don't stay inside the open arena where you are unprotected. Run into the corridor close to GNK medical droid, so you will have some time to look around and improve your position before the combat with next enemy. Use the walls and other obstacles to avoid the ranged attacks as possible.

2. The most harmful Heskal ability is Turbulence, it damaged my Vanguard by 23-24K. Avoiding this is hardly possible, so need to interrupt it ASAP. Don't waste interrupting abilities to prevent other attacks, when you can simply evade them running out of red circles. Vanguards can use Riot Strike in melee, Neural Surge and Cryo Grenade when nearby and Harpoon on shooting range.

3. Staying near GNK droid allows to restore some health during the pauses between the battles with illusionary enemies. Most of them are melee and should be killed from the distance.

4. Accepting of Valkorion help (after 2 rounds of battle) is highly advised. This will give you 3 additional abilities, one defensive (Shield) and 2 damaging. Try to use them all the time against Heskal, activating on cooldown.

5. You need to withstand the attacks, until Heskal becomes friendly (green). Even if you die at the last moment, you will be resurrected near GNK and can go to Heskal for talks.

I hope this can help somehow not only to Vanguards.

Found a good way to defeat him: after being spanked about 3~4 times, I sumonned Treek. She's not the best healer in the world, but with her I could use Heroic Moment and Unity. Combined with Valkorion's skills, I did it. Try it, maybe it works with other companions too (HK, Ranos or Vizla)

Oh, dude u should try chapter 2 of KOTET on master. GenoHaradan leader really undouable fight. All chapter 2 is imbalanced, but the last fight is real crap.

I agree that it is the hardest solo fight I found in the game so far but it is doable. There's just no room for error.

I probably died 50 times before I fine tuned my tactics that much that it now works.

I'm in the middle of chapter 9 now and did all kotet chapters in Master up to this point, solo of course.

I agree that it is the hardest solo fight I found in the game so far but it is doable. There's just no room for error.

I probably died 50 times before I fine tuned my tactics that much that it now works.

I'm in the middle of chapter 9 now and did all kotet chapters in Master up to this point, solo of course.

I guess, class matters. I'm trying to do it with sin tank, engaged more then 100 times, and i still see no chances to win.

• 10 months later...
Found a good way to defeat him: after being spanked about 3~4 times, I sumonned Treek. She's not the best healer in the world, but with her I could use Heroic Moment and Unity. Combined with Valkorion's skills, I did it. Try it, maybe it works with other companions too (HK, Ranos or Vizla)

How can you summon a companion? I was just now replaying the mission , it is from Asylum where you go through the tests, the last being Heskal the scion.

The fight to me at least have been so impossible I have spend half my earned legacy funds on repairs alone and a full night on that mission lone so please tell me how you get a companion when the story has companions locked out, and I have checked treek, visla, mr headaches and every other one I have even some from handler licences.

so again please tell me how you summon a compnion when the story has companions locked

Heskal's chapter 6, isn't he? Is there a fight I'm forgetting?

'cause honestly, I just did him on Veteran mode the other day on my Consular, and I thought he was one of the easier fights I'd been through. He had a couple big attacks, but since his illusions heal you when you kill them (and can be KO'd with a "free" attack, even in Veteran), you pretty much go back up to full health every time he disappears.

• 2 years later...
How can you summon a companion?

sorry that i`m 2 years late. but i did it in vet. and after i died the 2nd time i had to spawn at the medbay and could summon any companion and defeat him. as a scoundrel he is THE pain in the *** right after genoharadan vaylin.

heroic moment is quite a waste at the start of the fight, but you can use it anyway

• 4 months later...
This is a quite hard task for a class without self-heal, like Vanguard. Here are some advices from my experience:

1. Don't stay inside the open arena where you are unprotected. Run into the corridor close to GNK medical droid, so you will have some time to look around and improve your position before the combat with next enemy. Use the walls and other obstacles to avoid the ranged attacks as possible.

2. The most harmful Heskal ability is Turbulence, it damaged my Vanguard by 23-24K. Avoiding this is hardly possible, so need to interrupt it ASAP. Don't waste interrupting abilities to prevent other attacks, when you can simply evade them running out of red circles. Vanguards can use Riot Strike in melee, Neural Surge and Cryo Grenade when nearby and Harpoon on shooting range.

3. Staying near GNK droid allows to restore some health during the pauses between the battles with illusionary enemies. Most of them are melee and should be killed from the distance.

4. Accepting of Valkorion help (after 2 rounds of battle) is highly advised. This will give you 3 additional abilities, one defensive (Shield) and 2 damaging. Try to use them all the time against Heskal, activating on cooldown.

5. You need to withstand the attacks, until Heskal becomes friendly (green). Even if you die at the last moment, you will be resurrected near GNK and can go to Heskal for talks.

This post helped me a ton. To anyone who reads this, this advice helped me a ton. So much in fact that I was able to continue refusing Valkorian's power. What I did is I hid behind the pillars in the main room, you have to peak out to bait him to use his Turbulence. If you just hide behind the pillar his AI will seek you out and then you're screwed. You want to poke out, send out any and all dots you have during the 2 second cast time, then hide behind the pillar before he casts it. This strat worked perfectly on my Commando. I believe this strat can work well on any ranged class. Melee classes, sorry but I do not believe this would be an effective way of taking him down.

• 4 months later...

I just did this in Master mode using my Sith Juggernaut (Immortal). I didn't even have to pop my defence abilities or healing ability, nor use the Emperor's power. It was easy by simply applying the first point of advice above. I'll also mention that I haven't played this in years and am not a brilliant / mastermind player - am pretty average. So, all I did was bring the fight to the corridor leading to the chamber Heskal is in, between the medical droid and he. I used the corridor's edge to lose Line of Sight of the Heskal illusions and Heskal himself. What this bought me was time between phases, as the AI would search me out, buying precious seconds for all my stuns to cooldown; I have 4 of them but only needed to use 2 or 3 on rotation. Best of luck!

• 1 year later...
Did it with my sage just now, switched to balanced spec, stood in the coridor, put dots on him, move out of line of sight when he does any long cast like turbulance, stun/interrupt/push if he pulls me in. It was actually quite easy after i died 4 times. He goes down fast, even rejected Valkorion and beat him easy. Dots, range, line of sight and done. Edited by DarwinOrigin