What is your favourite romance? Thank you BioWare for making this game

What is your favourite romance? that includes both kotfe/kotet, ossus, and everything,

I want to thank bioware/EA for making the only romance allowed mmo game on the market, other MMORPGs such as GW2 and ESO did not allowed or wanted to add full romance/flirt into their games, I hope EA resumes the license and allowing SWTOR continue to be alive, I do not want to imagine this game being shutting down. This is the second MMO game I ever played in such long time, most time invested, first was Cabal Online I did played in mid 2000s, and Last Chaos, and some combo-based game later on around early 2010, followed by GW2,WoW,ESO. I still remember the day GW2 was on the top list with most active development/beta testing phase. It is sad/annoying to see most young people nowadays playing trash games instead of this beautiful MMOs,

Anyways I gone into off topic again, what is your most beloved/favourite romance?

Mine is:

1. Watcher Two (I hope she is alive since I got a SIS director on Nathema, also, too bad I can't get into bed with her as female agent,)

2. Lana Beniko (because she is lana beniko)

3. Kira

3a. Ensign raina temple

4. Vector (*********** black eyes ruined everything but its ok)

5. Ashara (dun dunn dun duuunnn *hums Imperial march*

6. Jaesa (light side)

I cannot stay with evil ds jaesa because she is annoying as **** just like kaliyo plus she tries to kill you since you are her master. And Elara...... *permission to get into bed sir? Filling and complying Republic Romance Regulation blablabla sending my report to the high command whatever*

List yours in any order you want

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a toss-up for top place between:

* Lana

* DS Jaesa

* Kaliyo

Then some way behind, again in a bit of a fight for order:

* Andronikos

* Risha

* Doc

* Akaavi

* Elara Dorne

* Raina Temple, both as Ensign and Lieutenant

* Ashara (shame I'm not fond of the male Inquisitor VA, or this one would rate higher)

Then:

* Torian

* Vette

* Mako

* Theron

* Aric Jorgan

Then:

* Koth

* Felix Iresso

Felt slightly forced (and not a companion):

* Watcher 2

Felt very forced (and not a companion):

* Lemda Avesta

And so far not done:

* Male Consular/Nadia Grell (the VA's voice makes my ears bleed)

* Vector (something about the bugs everywhere gives *me* the creepy-crawlies)

* Arcann (M/M doesn't interest me, and I haven't yet found a female character for whom it's right)

* Lord Cytharat (M/M doesn't interest me)

Favorite by far is Theron. Next is probably Jorgan, then Torian. Just starting Lana's and she's actually pretty cute. I'm surprised, but happy with it. Irresso is kind of boring, but at the same time, he's such a nice guy it's hard for me not to. Koth was an okay one, but it was cut off abruptly. Made me sad. Even Corso has his charms, for the right toon. Doc comes on WAY strong (they probably could have dialed him back a bit), but actually becomes quite sweet later on. Working on Temple's right now, too.

I don't remember Elara's. I did that one a long time ago. Vector is okay, but the bug thing creeps me out. Andronikous tried to marry me even without me flirting with him, so no. Did Quin's once and meh. I find him to be a little smarmy anyway, so don't like it.

Haven't done Vette, Jaesa, Kalyio, Akavi, Risha, Ashara, Nadia, and Mako. Hm. Seeing this, I need to roll more male toons... :D

Darkside Jaesa and Kira would be my longtime favorites. And most recently Nadia too, now that she's finally available for my Female Consular.

Close behind them would be Mako. Then maybe Lana.

Also I feel the need to give a shout out to Jaxo. :( There wasn't much to it, and it ended in tragedy (no matter which choice was picked, either she died or has PTSD), but she still mattered. I still think it would be good for my Trooper to see her again.

I've never done the Vette romance because I have only one male Warrior, but I've always been a really big fan of her character so think I'd enjoy it.

Edited by OldVengeance

Objectively, it's the characters that have content that extents into and past the expansions especially those that play an actual role and don't just return, simply because it adds more content. Personally I always liked the exclusive flavour from vanilla romances, which rules out Lana for me, even though I quite like her romance also. I've not played a Theron romance all the way through.

Of the characters that fit all those requirements I've only done Jorgan and Vette.

I really like the Vette romance, especially because I enjoy playing light side warrior and I think Vette is a really nice fit for a MC that can seem quite stoic.

I always felt Jorgan was a bit laborious to romance, especially if you don't hand him the promotion and you're otherwise more subservient/apologetic/loyal to the republic bureaucracy. Had I known I could romance Elara when I played through the game with my female trooper I might not have romanced him at all, I do like his apperance in the expansions though.

Of the romances that return I've just done Nadia with a female consular so far along with resuming romance for Mako and Raina Temple.

I really hope they are going to add a bit more content and flavor for our romances in the future, because even though I like the implications of the budding Nadia romance, I feel like it's left sort of unexplored. Same goes for Mako and Temple, just some scenes to give the apperance that our MC has a life besides their work.

Supposedly Bioware is planning to update all old romances for all genders, I just read that on the forum so don't know if true. Given the recent additions for Scourge, Kira and Elara I am hopeful though.

Maybe i'd romance Ashara on my Inquisitor, although I'm still hoping something's going to come from having flirted with Acina and Malgus for her too.

Risha was always the perfect partner for my smuggler, very similar personalities, so I'd totally go for her if she was available for female romance some time in the future.

So I guess my personal top 5, for what's available currently that I've played myself would be something like:

1. Vette

2. Nadia

3. Lana

4. Jorgan

5. Mako/Temple

Edited by JuventusAndFCK

I always find it interesting, because I've never really engaged with the romances very much, despite playing since day one; I guess the fact that I play female toons sways that pretty heavily, since most of the romance options for female toons (especially before KOTFE/ET) are pretty gross. (See: Doc.)

I feel like I'm especially on the far end of things when it comes to Vette. I just can't fathom any romantic relationship with her feeling right. A formerly enslaved person who I owned -- even if freed by me -- is pretty tricky territory to feel like a genuine romance.

If I had to pick one that I really do like, though -- I have a soft spot for Mako and a male Bounty Hunter.

Edited by jedimasterjac

I'm not into it as much as some of you …

but I'll give you my choices for the "possibilities" at least"

*** top of the list: Kira .. with the customization #4. Excellent personality … fun and VERY nice !

*** Lana …(Wish there was customization available for different head / hair style. I actually find her personality refreshing compared to the vast majority of female companions in almost all of light side characters ESPECIALLY the trooper.

*** Vette .. although not available until KotFE / ET for light side players she is just simply fun !!! Frankly I'm not even sure if "romance" option is even available to LS players during or after KotFE / ET for Vette.

…. IMO most LS female companions (which would be my only interest ) leave a lot to be desired:

*** Elara Dorne wins the most distinguished award for being the stiffest and most boring character in the entire game. I honestly thought that after their union that she would "lighten up" … but if any thing … even more dull than ever !!

*** Risha… even with the customization #9 … that does nothing to help her attitude either !! :D (maybe BW will offer personalities for both Risha and Elara in the CM for a meager 10,000 CC ) In short this female has a real attitude. It could have been a lot of fun in so many ways.

*** Nadia Grell … No … just simply no !! Sweet … yes .. Kind … yes. But no !… just no ! (sorry just not for me).

NO … It's not ALL negative. I do believe that if there was as much time and interaction with companions "of interest" as there is currently with Lana through out the KotFE / ET stories (for example) … that would certainly help the current state of companions in general.

There are so many different likes / dislikes in a game like this. It is unquestionably hard to please everyone. BUT … there is something to be said about making more interaction with companions more frequently since that has been a part of the game since the beginning.

Hopefully three will be a better development of some of the current personalities for the LS companions … and or perhaps new faces to meet. Most of my characters are not attached … sooooo we can just wait to see what happens.

HOPEFULLY … there will be some NEW chapters / relationships available in the future. You know … FUN !!!

One suggestion:

Frame: Kira / Lana

Head / hair styles … new and different color options

Personalities: Vette / Kira / Lana (or a combination of the three)

And yes … my wife of 46 years would put a couple of these to shame !!

:D:D:D

What ?? Are you nuts !! looking forward to #47 !!!

Edited for clarification

Edited by OlBuzzard

Personally, my favorite romances would be Iresso, Jorgan, Vector, and Theron. All sweet romances with kind, good-hearted, reliable men (even if I wouldn't have expected to say that of Jorgan from the first interaction we ever have with him, but he turns out to be a total delight).

To give credit to the writers, I like pretty much every romance I've played... but I felt some involved more character development than others. For example, the Elara romance shows a softer, sweeter, warmer side to her character, but Mako seems pretty much the same whether she's romanced or not (in my experience anyway). This isn't to say there's a problem with a character being consistent! I just felt like the character who romanced Mako didn't get to know her any better than a character for whom she remained a "little sister," and that wasn't personally to my taste.

Some romances are obviously more "problematic" than others, such as the sith warrior's romance options, but I still like those romances. They're actually kinda fitting, in their way. The sith warrior can do so many horrendous things outside of the romances, so of course they'd have some alarming power dynamics in their relationships too.

Supposedly Bioware is planning to update all old romances for all genders, I just read that on the forum so don't know if true.

I don't think any "plans" mean much unless they come directly from Bioware. I wouldn't be surprised if they continue their trend of updating old romances, but I think in some cases it's just too much of a reach. I hope that in the cases where such an update isn't on the cards we still sometimes have romance scenes with those characters.

Here are some thoughts about romances that I don't want and/or expect to see updated for all genders, spoiler-tagged to keep them away from anyone who doesn't want to read them.

I don't see Doc becoming a same-gender romance option, and it's not just because he's a renowned skirt-chaser... I've known guys who came out as bi after years of aggressively pursuing women, so it's not like I think this can't happen... it's more like, what does this offer to enrich the character? The "hidden depth" of Doc is that in spite of being vain, superficial, and self-involved, he's also altruistic. He loves looking like a hero, but he also loves being one. I think the character works well because, apart from that heart of gold that sometimes comes to light, he is very straightforward (no pun intended). You know what you get with Doc. I think that a character being exactly what they seem is just fine if it's executed well, which (in my opinion) it is with Doc.

Additionally (and I appreciate that there may be something problematic with my thought here that I'm failing to see, so please anyone enlighten me if you see such a thing), I'd feel a bit squiffy about Iresso being made a same-gender romance option after he suffered five years of horrible experiments dreamed up by the scientist who tortured Vaylin. I... don't know what a writer would be trying to say with a development like that. A character's orientation seeming different (even if it never actually changed) after torture? It's a bad look. And instinctively, whether my instinct here is problematic or not, I feel like Iresso trying to restore his past relationship (romantic or platonic) with the consular works as part of his healing process, but trying to create a romance that wasn't previously there doesn't work in the same way - and I feel that way whether the consular in that scenario would be a male character or a female character who previously didn't romance him. To me, that would come across like a band-aid on a massive wound, thinking that a new romance would fix the trauma from everything he went through (vs. re-establishing normality).

(But then I'm someone who could also never have a consular break up with Iresso on his reunion - I think that'd be horribly damaging too! I get that Bioware "had to" put that option in there, since they put in a breakup option for every class romance reunion... they're not going to fail to offer that option since it could force people who embarked on new romances to end those romances... but I hate the implication that the consular is somehow breaking up with Iresso for his own good! Maybe it's the only justification that could actually work for the consular, but I don't think it's legit, and I could barely force myself to watch it on YouTube - I would never pick it in the game.)

Also, for whatever it's worth, I wouldn't want Tharan Cedrax to have a romance added for any gender! What he has with Holiday is obviously unique. ;)

Edited by Estelindis

After all of these years mine remains Quinn followed closely by Theron. Next comes Vector, Vette and Jorgan. Jorgan's return is the absolute highlight of FE/ET!

I do hope they continue giving older companions new content. For me those little moments are the main reason I bother playing newer stories on more than two characters!

My own favorite romances, in no particular order:

Elara Dorne (I love how her romance shows a more vulnerable person, someone who wants to be understood and accepted as who she is.)

Vector Hyllus (He´s so sweet and caring of the Agent, and I´ve always found it interesting to listen him talking about his longing for his nest).

Felix Iresso (He´s caring, protective and accepts the Consular as who she is.)

Vette (Sweet, smart and good ol´ quirky Vette who is a moral compass to the Warrior).

Torian Cadera (Currently doing his romance after a long time. He´s certainly the most handsome of the male companions in my opinion. I can´t quite put my finger on it, but there´s something about him, maybe its the Mandalorian stuff?)

Lana Beniko and Theron Shan (Both are such wonderful characters who go on with our character no matter how the tight the situation is. With their romances, I´ve liked very much how the two open up with the PC and show their more vulnerable side to them).

Edited by Rebamcfan

I've done a fair number of the romances, of them all I'd have to say my favorites are:

1. Vector Hyllus - really sweet, and the whole killik subplot is fascinating

2. Malavai Quinn - complicated but so much fun

3. Risha Drayen- love her relationship with the smuggler, both romanced and non-romanced

4. Talos Drellik - It may be only 1 flirt, but he's still the only one my inquisitors want

5. Theron Shan - the romance works for both imps and pubs, athough I find it fits better with the grey or light type toons than the darker ones.

Pub Side.

Iresso: A really sweet romance and fits my JC perfectly, I feel as though he really cares about my JC and that there's something special between them, felt so genuine and I love it.

Imp Side

Vector: A perfect match for my IA, when her life is so all over the place it's nice for her to have Vector to fall back on, someone caring and above all someone she can trust 100%.

KOTFE Onward.

Theron: Love it probably my favorite, a perfect match for my SI, feels like a slow burn for him to finally open up but worth it. His awkwardness especially with Imp characters is adorable. ;)

Jorgan: He was very meh for my Trooper in the original game but wow he really shone in KOTFE in his chapter, my Trooper fell for him all over again.

Supposedly Bioware is planning to update all old romances for all genders, I just read that on the forum so don't know if true. Given the recent additions for Scourge, Kira and Elara I am hopeful though.

Give my SI her Talos first pretty please!

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

*** Vette .. although not available until KotFE / ET for light side players she is just simply fun !!! Frankly I'm not even sure if "romance" option is even available to LS players during or after KotFE / ET for Vette.

My Light V Sith who married her begs to differ.

*Republic* characters (ligth or dark) cannot get her until then, but Light Sith can.

And so far, only previously-romanced Sith Warriors (light or dark) can romance her post-KotFE.

Probably Lana for my Inquisitor, love redeems and all that, and the Inestimable Mr Riggs for my gunslinger with their shared wide-eyed optimism and "wild adventures" thing.

Not yet sure whether my upcoming Sage; following the Light yet Snark Flavoured side of the Force; saving your life but making very sure you know who the smartest person is in the conversation, will go with the Theron, Lana, or Nadia routes; Felix belongs to my Shadow.

My Light V Sith who married her begs to differ.

*Republic* characters (ligth or dark) cannot get her until then, but Light Sith can.

And so far, only previously-romanced Sith Warriors (light or dark) can romance her post-KotFE.

I was kind of thinking that LS PUB players who only have access to Vette as a companion do NOT have the "flirt" or romance options. Sorry … my bad .. I just realized I did not specify PUB side. (oops !)

:D

Also: … take the personality of either Lana or Vette … and make some adjustments to the personality of Elara and that is much, much, MUCH, more fun. I don't know … blame it on me I guess. I just can't handle someone that is that stiff ALL the time. It's one thing to be all business on the field … but one on one and in private moments … loosen up !!

;)

Theron Shan

It feels romantic because it takes time.

The others want to get in bed with you on first flirt. Not literally, but you don't even have to try before they have the hots for you. The exceptions are Scoundrel and the Queen and Imperial and Kaliyo. For the Scoundrel they're letting you play Han & Leia. Nice but cliche. Kaliyo is . . . difficult to say it nicely. I suppose some people find the hard chase fun, but it's too opposite everyone else wanting you on first flirt. You have to choose the right dialogue at the right time and don't choose the very first flirt dialogue you get when you start having your conversations. I get tired of her and stop trying. There's playing hard to get and playing hard to get you win I stop chasing.

As a Republic with Theron he just accepts the compliments at first. Then he flirts back. Then you rescue the dashing rogue in distress and get your kiss. When Revan is defeated it's bed time. As an Imperial Theron is adorable denying attraction getting flustered in his speech. I also notice at the end of cut scenes when there's no dialogue and the camera pulls back Theron stares at your toon. Even if he's walking his head is turned to face you. When rescuing the rogue in distress you get a flirt option your Republic toon doesn't and he acknowledges your attraction. Of course you get your kiss after. It's sad you have to say goodbye at the end of Revan. You get a kiss but no bed time. Maybe you do, but it's only head canon implication because the camera pulls out of the long kiss. As a Republic it's more explicit as you get a double kiss with a slurping noise on the second, fade to black, then Theron walks on screen and strokes your ego.

Edited by Hadsil

My cons' hun, Nadia. my first and so far only, and is sweet and warm, with a bit of fire. I love the voice actor's voice, especially on the crew skills stuff. Very ASMR, I guess. On that note Vette, Lana and Senya's crew skills soundbites do my nut in. Vette is obnoxious as a crew skills voice... I'm sure this is subjective and will change if doing a romance scene. My male smuggler is just flirting with everyone, and I haven't finished his story yet. My females, Knight and Agent haven't found anyone to their liking. Very fussy people lol. Or I, as a straight male, find Doc to be a right tool and I've friend zoned the rest! I can see Talos Drellik getting romance, especially as I've seen the actor in the TV show Frasier... I might have to look at their options again. Raina Temple will be an option for character too.

One last thing, I've said that I'd love to re-play the romance cutscenes as an optional activity. Not getting any boosts or xp etc, but just to re-see them, kind of like a person remembering the moments and options, like we all do in real life. it doesn't change the story to re-play them, so why should I have to re-do a whole new consular to see it again, or go to youtube and see another player do it? It can't be that hard to implement as an activity? It's already in the game. It would just be a good addition and reminder to players of all the effort that BW have done in the first place to make such great stories.

Edited by everclearisalive

1 - Temple - because she's so secretive.

2 - Lana - Because she's so loyal.

3 - Mako - She's voiced by Lacy Chabert.

4 - Jaesa - Light side only, haven't done it yet. Used to like dark side Jaesa but when she threatened to kill Lana it's all down hill from there for her that is.

i Guess that's it for me.

In order of most favorite to least favorite:

- DS Jessa

- LS Jessa

- Elena Dorne

- Vette

- Akaavi Spar

- Risha

Wishful thinking:

- Created Companion

- Shae Vzla

- Empress Acina

Edited by ZeroTypeR

My equal top three:

• Aric Jorgan
  • Malavai Quinn
  • Theron Shan

- for the reason someone else gave; these romances are the most interesting and feel romantic because they take time.

The in-game romances are so subjective. I have no interest in the female-female romance options at all, however I'd love to see Quinn be a same sex romance option for my male Warrior as during the class story this outcome fits.

Most of the newer romances just don't have the romance option back story that makes them good, but that's my opinion.

Edited by Sarova