Hardest choice you've went through with?

twistedleftnut

The one for me was letting Theron Shan die. I had to for a dark V inquisitor, but watching him plead for you to come back after stepping away from him is pretty wrenching to see. First time that the game made me want to go back and choose something else, and Satele's reaction was sad too.

Choosing Torian or Vette

I found this easy. Torian is a MANDO.

“Then out spake brave Horatius,

The Captain of the Gate:

To every man upon this earth

Death cometh soon or late.

And how can man die better

Than facing fearful odds,

For the ashes of his fathers,

And the temples of his gods”

Sadly, those who wrote the SWTOR story failed to understand this, and his last scene is not appropriate. He could not possibly be taken alive like that. I know in my heart that he died a hero's death, fighting to the very last. Screenwriters are often clueless, simply stringing together a series of cliches.

Choosing Torian or Vette

This was what came to my mind as well, although it was really that difficult to make the call. I knew Torian would understand.

Ill toss out a toon specific one, Jaxo. Those who know, know :)

This was what came to my mind as well, although it was really that difficult to make the call. I knew Torian would understand.

Ill toss out a toon specific one, Jaxo. Those who know, know :)

Jaxo was hard, and so not fair to take away all her strength at that moment.

Male or female.

Seriously.

I don't think that's very hard either! :D

I'm about to spread some shade around.

Either or for knight, female consular, female smuggler, female trooper, male agent, male warrior, male BH, female inquisitor. Those are the most multipurpose.

Female warrior's voice actress is too good at sounding sinister to me to be 100% light side, but I played her neutral. Male inquisitor is the only one I really dislike though, he just sounds cartoonish evil, like it's all a bit too over the top. I can't play male smuggler because their voice actor voices every NPC in every other video game ever and I can't unhear that. Female BH is the only one I just lack any interest in.

Male tooper is Varric from Dragon Age and female agent is female Hawke and Ciri in Witcher, therefore I prefer the opposite option for those. Nolan North I find miscast for the male consular, I would have payed cartel coins to have him voice the male smuggler.

Edited by JuventusAndFCK
Thought of more to write

Hardest for me is who to support on Iokath, because I just don't care. I want the option to tell them both to pound sand...

As for what the OP actually meant, the choice to kill Theron. I've never actually been able to make it. Even my DS 5 Smuggler couldn't do it.

Choosing to resume my romance with Vette, having to break up with Theron. Vette is/was my Sith Warrior's wife. He was serious about it. That break up scene with Theron was heart breaking. Fortunately my few other characters who had a romance in their class story don't have their significant other return. Still, they could easily break up. Why would my Scoundrel want to return as a Queen's Consort when he's already a Galactic Commander? Unfortunately, when my Sith Warrior became a widower the Theron romance didn't return. There's still hope they'll reunite in all ways at the end of Iokath. Theron always lives, anyway. He's a hero, not a traitor.

Also a hard choice was the end of Onslaught for my Jedi Knight. Rejoin the Republic or stay independent. I decided to rejoin the Republic. I didn't want to have to fight the Empire. They did help the Alliance against the Eternal Throne, but the story forced my hand since Iokath. The friendship with the Empire has long since been lost. Still, to help rebuild the Jedi was the deciding factor. My Knight is a Jedi all the way. 100% Light. 0% Dark. My Jedi Consular will likely make the same decision. My Trooper and Scoundrel will remain independent.

Edited by Hadsil

Hardest for me is who to support on Iokath, because I just don't care. I want the option to tell them both to pound sand...

As for what the OP actually meant, the choice to kill Theron. I've never actually been able to make it. Even my DS 5 Smuggler couldn't do it.

I tried to remain spoiler free for Iokath when it came out. So, as a light sided Consular, who accepted the Empire's alliance in KOTET, I did feel compelled to honor our commitment to the people who had supported us during the fight against Vaylin and Zakuul. I struggled with the decision for a long time, since it was my main. I figured I could be a positive influence, maybe even tempering their normal behaviors. Empress Acina's bloodthirstiness at wiping out the Republic made me realize I made the wrong choice, by the end. You're not even given a conversation choice to talk her down or contradict her or implore her to restraint. Fortunately my subsequent interview on RNN gave me the opportunity to clear our collective names, sort of.

I tried to remain spoiler free for Iokath when it came out. So, as a light sided Consular, who accepted the Empire's alliance in KOTET, I did feel compelled to honor our commitment to the people who had supported us during the fight against Vaylin and Zakuul. I struggled with the decision for a long time, since it was my main. I figured I could be a positive influence, maybe even tempering their normal behaviors. Empress Acina's bloodthirstiness at wiping out the Republic made me realize I made the wrong choice, by the end. You're not even given a conversation choice to talk her down or contradict her or implore her to restraint. Fortunately my subsequent interview on RNN gave me the opportunity to clear our collective names, sort of.

I always agreed with (was it Malcom who said it?) that the empire had already voided their alliance the minute they went behind the alliances back to infiltrate Iokath, a planet that they recognised as belonging to the alliance even then. The first character I was really conflicted on with the choice was light side warrior, but that was mostly because I actually think Acina is a much more interesting leader than Vowrawn.

I so wish there was an option for this.

My BH feels no loyalty to the empire and is a light side toon, but there is also no real option to switch sides, which i wish there was.

Id love to see a third fleet or faction for those not caught up in the force or the ability to tell both sides to as you say, go pound sand" Troopers, Scoundrels, Bounty Hunters... all us non force tech folks that are really somewhat ignored in all of it.

I don't think that's very hard either! :D

I'm about to spread some shade around.

Either or for knight, female consular, female smuggler, female trooper, male agent, male warrior, male BH, female inquisitor. Those are the most multipurpose.

Female warrior's voice actress is too good at sounding sinister to me to be 100% light side, but I played her neutral. Male inquisitor is the only one I really dislike though, he just sounds cartoonish evil, like it's all a bit too over the top. I can't play male smuggler because their voice actor voices every NPC in every other video game ever and I can't unhear that. Female BH is the only one I just lack any interest in.

Male tooper is Varric from Dragon Age and female agent is female Hawke and Ciri in Witcher, therefore I prefer the opposite option for those. Nolan North I find miscast for the male consular, I would have payed cartel coins to have him voice the male smuggler.

Yea i also have some classes which i always go male, or female, depending. But for some classes i really struggle to decide.

Warrior: All my warriors are male, only 1 is female, but BW almost always teases warrior as female in their trailers, and somehow i'm led to believe this class is meant to be female, even though male looks and voice fit better, imo.

Agent: I like both so, so much. I'm always in a problem when i reroll an agent, really, i never now if i prefer going melae or female.

Smuggler: same as agent, i think male fits better for the voice and funny bits, but still female is quite good too. Hard choice.

Easiest ever. Vette lives ofc. How is this even a hard decision? :o

It's easy if you find Vette to be an irritating cow; I've always chosen Torian because mando, however I'm playing through yet another warrior right now & I'm making choices I've never considered before. The first hard choice is to NOT romance Quinn and romance Theron instead (as a Quinnmancer, that is an unspeakable choice n- I made need to resurrect the Quinn love thread for counselling :D) and the second really hard choice is to save Vette (who I hate) - I'm really not sure I'll be able to do it. I blame lockdown for my uncharacteristic decisions!! On a positive note, I had lots of "I didn't know that would happen" outcomes which I've not seen before.

I've also made a super dark warrior and intend to kill Theron. Pretty sure I will chicken out if that choice though :o I will, however never for any reason kill Quinn.

I always agreed with (was it Malcom who said it?) that the empire had already voided their alliance the minute they went behind the alliances back to infiltrate Iokath, a planet that they recognised as belonging to the alliance even then.

Yes, I certainly considered that too, not because of Acina's excuse that it was a small transgression, but more so Lana's advice (

):

We've already allied with the Empire, what message does that send to the rest of our followers?

Now, Theron has a quick and decisive response, but that response isn't perhaps the best response for the newly anointed Commander of the (benevolent) Eternal Alliance with their unbeatable Eternal Fleet who is trying to restore peace to the galaxy.

I empathize with people who say, "The Trooper's choice with Jaxo." I also agree Torian's reaction isn't quite the response I would have expected from Mando'a ... especially given how convinced he was when he decided to fire the factory guns on his colleagues on Darvannis rather than risk doing less damage to the factory.

I so wish there was an option for this.

My BH feels no loyalty to the empire and is a light side toon, but there is also no real option to switch sides, which i wish there was.

Id love to see a third fleet or faction for those not caught up in the force or the ability to tell both sides to as you say, go pound sand" Troopers, Scoundrels, Bounty Hunters... all us non force tech folks that are really somewhat ignored in all of it.

Lol all of that was done on a Sith Warrior.

Two choices were difficult:

1. Jaxo - just horribly, horribly, sad. Ethically correct (1 life to save many), but horribly difficult.

2. Having to make the decision to ally with one or the other side again after Iokath (I think it was that point). I spent all that time and effort getting the two sides together as the Alliance Commander, then have to say to half my people "sorry! going with the other lot" just annoyed the h**l out of me. True leaders don't do that - they look after ALL their people.

Yes, I know Bioware had painted themselves into a corner and that was the only way out, but it annoyed me enough to unsubscribe for a couple of years.

That's an easy question:

Breaking up with either Risha or Akaavi after I naively had flirted with both of them without deeper thinking about it.

That decision happened on my first char in early 2012. I even posted about it here on the forums. I couldn't decide. Even quit the game to ponder about this decision for a while. Made a hand-written list. Eventually chose Akaavi, because I thought that Risha would have an easier time finding a new partner, probably a rich douche from Dubrillion. Nowadays, that smuggler hangs out a suspiciously lot with Vette though... :eek:

Other noteworthy hard choices:

* To Jaxo or not to Jaxo

* Letting Theron die on my evil, dark side, female Sith Warrior who was married to him (that was so heartbreaking that I ESC'd in the very last second. But it was too late. Luckily, a 6.0 bug brought him back to life. Or at least into my cutscenes. :p )

* The Iokath decision. Because it's a Hobson's Choice. The correct choice would be: don't align with either.

* Killing Aric on my evil, dark side, female Sith Warrior after his fail

* Kicking Kaliyo out of my light side's trooper's Alliance after her fail

* Bonus mention: Which outfit to wear. :D;)

No hard choice is Vette vs. Torian. That guy was literally living for that moment. I still can't believe that he was so whiny about it. He should have been proud. What better way to die than getting killed by the most evil villain in the universe at that time. 100% glorious death. Except he failed to take it like a Mandalorian. :rolleyes:

Skipping Kotfe-Kotet on 31 Imperial characters because I lack the patience to re-run that horror show again and again despite the god awful default choices they left us with. For real, this tops Jaxo's decision and leaving Lana on most toons by a mile.

Hoping they change their minds about those defaults, it kills the will to play further.

Phooey! Finished Iokath and my Sith Warrior was not given the option to get back together with Theron. Lana does not let us speak alone and speaks the end dialogue Theron would have said. No romance scene. No heartwarming reunion dialogue. No marriage proposal. Nothing. Not making that mistake again breaking up with Theron with any other toon. There are Quinnophiles? I'm a Theronophile. Speaking of, my Sith Warrior did finally fully forgive Quinn and let him live to join the Alliance.