Commando Sniper vs Scoundrel Sniper

Thadios

Haven't played in many years and decided to start fresh. It's interesting to see we can basically choose whatever class we want and no longer any restrictions based on which side you choose.

That said, I rolled a new Commando Sniper and noticed that sniper shot is not 1 shot killing starting enemies, yet when I rolled my Scoundrel Sniper, that character was 1 tapping them with sniper shots.

Why is there a noticeable difference? Is it because the trooper can wear heavy armor and the scoundrel cannot? Overall, just trying to understand the pros / cons in selecting a different battle class that you normally wouldn't have been able to prior to 7.0

Edited by Thadios

First thing: you say "Commando Sniper" and "Scoundrel Sniper", but I *think* you really meant "Trooper Origin with Sniper Combat Style" and "Smuggler Origin with Sniper Combat Style".

The armour you can wear (Light, Medium, Heavy, as well as the weight selected by Adaptive-weight armour) is determined solely by your Combat Style, which is Sniper for both characters. And it would make a difference only for your *armour* rating, not your damage.

Check to make sure that both characters have identical gear all the way round, they are the same level, and so on, because this sort of analysis depends on some intricately linked factors. Make sure also that they are both using the same list of class buffs.