Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Seasons Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CathyM
03.29.2021 , 12:40 PM | #121
Initial Reaction

1. Naming all the objectives as either Daily Priority Objective or Weekly Objective is not helpful. Include more about which each one is.

2. I'm not fond of the weekly objectives. I'd like to see the operation back in there (maybe it will cycle in). And if you are going to make Siegebreaker an objective, the respawn time for it should be lowered.

Screaming_Ziva
03.29.2021 , 01:19 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post

Are they clear as to what you need to do to complete them?
Not really. We need hover boxes on the seasons page explaining everything on it.

Could you find them quickly without having to look hard?
Again, not really. They aren't pinned and their names start with "Weekly". What happened to the PO: prefix? Still though, the conquest page needs a filter for these or they need their own page.

Could you efficiently track their progress?
Once I found them, tracking is much better now.

Do you feel the Daily Objectives are ones you can complete in 20-30 minutes?
Do you feel the Weekly Objectives are ones you can complete in 50-70 minutes?
These estimates seem correct.

Any general feedback you may have regarding the Priority Objectives and the update are welcome.
Hover, hover, hover. We need hover boxes on the seasons page and please put the PO: prefix back on them.

Do the current list of rewards appear appealing?
Yes, they seem fine.

How do you feel regarding the cadence of rewards (when you get which rewards when)?
Not liking it a lot. Too many blank levels and tokens should be earned quicker. As it is now, if a subscriber wants both strongholds, they won't be able to buy anything else from the vendor during the season. I know they have next season but if the seasonal rewards change from season to season, they are out of luck.

Does this second vendor help clarify what rewards are Seasonal and which are rotational?
Yes but, why is the Penthouse deed on the Non-Seasonal rewards? Isn't that the rotating vendor? I'd hate to get enough tokens to buy it only to find it's not on the vendor that week.

Also, as a subscriber who has been here since day one and has received pretty much every reward along the way, the non-seasonal vendor is very underwhelming. At least give us something new on it. Or, is this vendor really only supposed to be a "catch-up" vendor for people who missed things? How about some of the decorations that appear in the UI with no way to get them? Or maybe some of the pets in collections that were never made available?

Were you able to quickly and effectively determine which Reward Levels were eligible for Catch-Up?
Yes.

Did you utilize Catch-Up? If so, how many Reward Levels did you purchase?
I bought as many as it allowed me to (up to level 54).

What are your thoughts on the current credit pricing model for Catch-Up?
Level 54 cost me 651,875,000 credits (which includes all prior levels). I think this is fairly reasonable since I skipped 50 levels. However, I'm pretty sure it didn't take my credits.

Did this feature make sense to you?
Yes.

General feedback / questions:

Altuur's Infiltrator Customization is a reward and available on the vendor?

All of the Mythran gear after claiming says "Source: Vendor: Feast Of Prosperity"

There doesn't seem to be "Mythran Bracers". The free set is six pieces and the subscriber set is seven pieces. Oversight or on purpose?

Still need hover boxes everywhere on the Galactic Seasons page.

The progress bar is still very confusing:
https://i.imgur.com/NCwOpAB.jpg
Looking at that, it makes it look like I'm working on level 4 when I'm actually on level 54.

I somehow claimed a second Ornate Kubazian Box. I know you're only supposed to get one but this box still needs to be changed to legacy bound. If someone accidentally claims it on the wrong character, they are stuck with it.

Illeva
03.29.2021 , 01:39 PM | #123
- "Are they clear as to what you need to do to complete them?"
Yes, if you use the "Daily Priority Objective" from the Galactic Seasons window.
- "Could you find them quickly without having to look hard?"
Kind of. Had to get used the fact they had changed name. I think it could benefit having its own tab, instead of being cramped in with Conquest.
- "Could you efficiently track their progress?"
Yes, This is spot on, even with how many kills you still need, if that is the sort of daily.
- "Do you feel the Daily Objectives are ones you can complete in 20-30 minutes?"
Definitely.
- "Do you feel the Weekly Objectives are ones you can complete in 50-70 minutes?"
For the most part, yes. Depends on the group you're with

- "Do the current list of rewards appear appealing?"
It's okay. Some of it is more exciting than others, but that is to be expected.
- "How do you feel regarding the cadence of rewards (when you get which rewards when)?"
I believe most 'Battle pass' systems have gaps in as well, so I think that is okay.

- "Does this second vendor help clarify what rewards are Seasonal and which are rotational?"
Yes, by the name of the vendor alone. But will the second vendor always be there then?

- "Were you able to quickly and effectively determine which Reward Levels were eligible for Catch-Up?"
Yes, very clearly stated.
- "Did you utilize Catch-Up? If so, how many Reward Levels did you purchase?"
I did. I caught up with 5 levels. Didn't have enough credits on me, but it didn't seem to charge me. So I am guessing that was a bug?
- "What are your thoughts on the current credit pricing model for Catch-Up?"
I think it is fine. I am not sure if this was intended, but as in the prior answer I mentioned a possible bug. If I tried to unlock all 5 levels, then it was too expensive, because it charged me for all 5 levels at the same time. But when I did it one level at a time, I could get 5 levels, because one level was a small price that wasn't changed. Next one a bit more expensive, but I still did not lose my credits, and so on. (I hope this makes sense)
- "Did this feature make sense to you?"
Yes, EZPZ!

"Any other general feedback you may have about our Catch-Up system are welcome!"
I think we should be getting more tokens. I do not think we should have to choose between a Stronghold, new weapons or old rewards. For example the Makeb Gazebo decoration cost 3 tokens. 3! If you like decorating, then that is very expensive for one decoration, especially an old one, when there's new rewards you'd like to get your hands on as well.

Ranadiel_Marius
03.29.2021 , 02:21 PM | #124
Are they clear as to what you need to do to complete them?
If you mean to complete the individual POs, then yes it was clear what I had to do to clear them.

Could you find them quickly without having to look hard?
Nope, they were easier to find before for me.

Could you efficiently track their progress?
Yes.

Do you feel the Daily Objectives are ones you can complete in 20-30 minutes?
Yes

Do you feel the Weekly Objectives are ones you can complete in 50-70 minutes?
The Coreworlds Flashpoint objective feels like it could take drastically longer as I feel like there would be a lot of wipes on some of those, especially Lost Island.

Any general feedback you may have regarding the Priority Objectives and the update are welcome.
I am completely confused on how the POs are supposed to work now. Something is clearly broken. I just don't know WHAT.

So this morning I logged in before the update and did the Maintaining Standards PO (only did that one). I then logged in after the update. My mark from completing the PO was gone from the Galactic Seasons menu (incidentally two tabs labeled as just Priority Objectives is not helpful in telling what you have accomplished). I went on to complete the Onderon [DAILY] mission which was in my list of visible POs. I did not get any points for completing it. I proceeded to complete the Defeat 75 Opponents across the Core Worlds objective, which was also showing. Again I got no points.

I don't know if the problem is that I am seeing POs that I am not supposed to see or if I am not getting points for POs that I should be getting points for. There is no indication that any of the POs are "active" like before when they were pinned. So I don't know if I am doing the wrong POs or if I am not getting points I should be getting. Or maybe I futzed up the system by doing a PO on the same day that the system was overhauled. Something is not working though.

Do the current list of rewards appear appealing?
Yes

How do you feel regarding the cadence of rewards (when you get which rewards when)?
I greatly appreciate the addition of the three items from the vendor to the subscriber track. I think it makes everything work better since I can now get all the seasonal rewards without having to try and manage multiple servers.

Does this second vendor help clarify what rewards are Seasonal and which are rotational?
I thought it was already clear other than the apartments. I think the current system of two vendors is an improvement though.

Were you able to quickly and effectively determine which Reward Levels were eligible for Catch-Up?
Yes

Did you utilize Catch-Up? If so, how many Reward Levels did you purchase?
I purchased level 5-11.

What are your thoughts on the current credit pricing model for Catch-Up?
It seems fine to me. Although I do want to point out that the current model essentially encourages buy a bunch of levels early on in the season since you get the same benefit at early levels (8 points) as you do at later levels for a lot less money. And that is fine, but I don't know if buying yourself to level 10 on day 1 of the season is really the intended use. *shrug*

Did this feature make sense to you?
Yes.

Edit: Just saw that the catch-up levels weren't being charged, so caught up to level 54. 55 and beyond required Cartel Coins. Is that the intended stop on my "buy 10 levels at the beginning" thought? You can buy levels up to how far along in the season you are (and right now the server is set to think we are a little over halfway through?). If so I kind of like that idea, but it isn't something I felt was communicated. Not sure how you would go about communicating that.

Also on a different note, I noticed that the Classic Cartel Weapon pack at 75 is bronze, but I think it should be silver as the armor and mount pack after it are silver.

casirabit
03.29.2021 , 02:52 PM | #125
I was able to figure out which daily I was supposed to do last week. This week I am unsure as none are popping to the top of my list and the ones I have done gave me no credit. It showed completed but no points for them.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

FlameYOL
03.29.2021 , 04:11 PM | #126
  • Are they clear as to what you need to do to complete them?
Yes, the priority objectives I got today were pretty clear. Do daily X, do flashpoint Y, run certain worldbosses, etc.

• Could you find them quickly without having to look hard?
Sorting them by type seems to be the easiest way for me, however I would still like to bring up these objectives should be in their own window so as to make this process easier.

• Could you efficiently track their progress?
Yes.

• Do you feel the Daily Objectives are ones you can complete in 20-30 minutes?
Definitely, at least the ones I got today shouldn't take too long.

• Do you feel the Weekly Objectives are ones you can complete in 50-70 minutes?
I think so.

We have updated the reward cadence for Galactic Seasons.
  • Do the current list of rewards appear appealing?
  • How do you feel regarding the cadence of rewards (when you get which rewards when)?
I think the cartel items being part of the rewards are appealing, companions isn't really something that I care considering the large quantity of companions we have in the game but its cool to have variety. The weapons look cool, armor isn't the best but its not the worst though I do dislike the helmet. The companion gifts being part of galactic seasons is also nice. As for the cadence of rewards I dislike earning a level only to earn nothing, neither in the normal track nor in the subscriber track.

We have added a secondary Galactic Seasons vendor to the Fleet.
  • Does this second vendor help clarify what rewards are Seasonal and which are rotational?
Yes, definitely helps.

Catch-Up is now enabled.
  • Were you able to quickly and effectively determine which Reward Levels were eligible for Catch-Up?
Yes.

• Did you utilize Catch-Up? If so, how many Reward Levels did you purchase?
I purchased a few, I had a bug where after purchasing my first level it did not removed credits from my ledger however.

[*]What are your thoughts on the current credit pricing model for Catch-Up?
I believe it its fair it increases after every purchase.

[*]Did this feature make sense to you?
Yes, I appreciate there is a way to catch up. It'll be useful on days that you are too busy. Also serves as a very useful credit sink!
[*]Any other general feedback you may have about our Catch-Up system are welcome!
Thank you for all of the valuable feedback you have provided so far!
The only thing that bothers me with this is tying cartel coins to this system, while I understand why its there and its not a deal breaker as rewards in galactic seasons are mostly cosmetic I think it should only be allowed with credits, that way you can ensure a good credit sink which this game desperately needs.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

LadyAdmiral
03.29.2021 , 04:43 PM | #127
My not-very-nice feedback opinions: https://twitter.com/swtorista/status...42148620066816

I feel like I shouldn't have to give this feedback but...

- Having objective all named the same thing is bad
- The priority objectives on top right of galactic seasons panel are no longer labelled daily/weekly
- I have only a "pinned" weekly and no longer have "pinned" weeklies
- Pretty much none of the previous feedback is fixed
- Level space beyond 100 now are called 'undefined' instead of random number

Bad

- Empty levels say "Claimed" once I unlocked further which is confusing because I had not clicked the 'claim' button
- Feels confusing about how the credit cost or cartel cost is calculated. I was unsure if i should buy levels one by one or if it was cheaper to click the level I wanted to get to (credits to 54 in this case)
- Mythran Armor did not unlock in collections once fully claimed and worn.
- Keep thinking Kubazian Eye Wear is some type of cool helmet every time I see it.
- Feels less empty but still feels strange there' no real reward at 100 rank

Good

- I like the separation of items from the vendors
- I think Claim / Claimed / Cath Up / Unlock are fairly clear tho IDK if a player who never read a dev post or blog will understand why some are for credits and some are for cartel coins. Depending what day they log in it will feel a bit arbitrary. Why can I unlock to level 30? Is that a preferred thing? lol.
- Weapons / armor are legacy-bound thanks
~ Swtorista

Stradlin
03.29.2021 , 04:52 PM | #128
Suggestion: Give people even a limited opportunity to influence which type of priority objectives they get. If there are two dailies and two weeklies, let people reroll one of each to their liking?

Various activities could drop nifty tokens that give the opportunity to roll active objective into something else. GSF loot crates could contain tokens allowing you to reroll active objective into a GSF one. Warzone pvp crates could have such tokens for Warzone objectives. Bosses in FPs, Ops could drop such tokens for FPs and Ops. And so on.

....Or, once this goes live, are more than two Objectives supposed to be active and yield points at any given time? Are they all supposed to be active and yield points all the time? What is the current..vision here? It is tough to say what is available and visible for testing purposes, what isn't available due to bugs etc. Once this thing goes live, do you envision everybody having loads of objectives available every day to choose from? Or do you plan to keep it restricted to four available objectives/day or what? Like..I don't know what I'm looking at or testing here.

EHKodiak
03.29.2021 , 05:16 PM | #129
Please note the calculation for purchasing multiple days via catch up is off, and it is due to it recalculating based on your new level so it is cheaper to buy day by day

Example using big figures to show: Purchase one level for 14875000 or Purchase two levels for 30275000

If you purchase the first level first, then the second level will cost 15225000 rather than the 15400000 you'd expect from above, because it's counting the 175k for being 1 level closer as you bought the previous level.

casirabit
03.29.2021 , 05:23 PM | #130
Note:
I have done 4 Dailies to figure out which you are supposed to do and none of them gave me any points for the day:

Ones done:
P.O. Priorty-Killed 75 on Corscuant
P.O. Critical-Need 6 (only 5 needed) dailies on Onderon
P.O. Neutralization -Killed 75 on Onderon
P.O. Heroics-3 Alderaan Heroics done

In all those no points and I know one is the only one required but I was not receiving any points so I kept doing them to see if I was able to find the right one. Nope.
Started with 435 Points before doing them
Ended with 435 Points after so no points were awarded at all.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.