Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Seasons Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Xina_LA
03.26.2021 , 03:00 PM | #91
Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page?
Yes. I found it as a drop-down option from the top bar.
Why is daily login rewards on the ad bar but not this? Shrink everything on the ad bar and put this there, too, otherwise it's even easier to get confused between login and seasons rewards.
Oh, and please stop the ad bar from resetting its position every now and then. Still happening.

Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?
No. I couldn't find any objectives. I could only click Unlock and then it wanted Cartel Coins. I couldn't preview items. No matter where I click, it just asks for Cartel Coins.
The top says "The Stranger From Kubundi" and 0/800 and just has a big black box. No picture, no explanation. Under that, just some rewards and the ability to buy them with Cartel Coins. Very confusing.

In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?
I couldn't find any special objectives. The Log has the usual set of Solo, Group, Conquest, etc content. Is this galactic seasons now part of conquest activities? It's very confusing. These giant windows have plenty of room for instructions -- why not add some? Maybe add an intro mission so an NPC can explain?

How do you feel about the cadence and points offered in GS?
No clue. There's nothing in the GIANT (why so big?) seasons window that explains anything. Maybe veteran players and people who read the out-of-game instructions are comfortable here, but players shouldn't have to read dev posts before participating.

What other general feedback would you would like to tell us?
It's a massive, space-wasteful window that does little and explains nothing.

In addition, I feel like I only have about 7-8 hours a week to play. Why are you trying to schedule all that up? When can I do the things I want to do?

I loved that Conquest opened up a bunch of things I could do to participate. It made me feel like I could play any way I wanted and still get rewarded. Unless seasons has an equally diverse list (IE: decorating, crafting, etc), it's going to make me feel very constrained.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

Scootimus
03.26.2021 , 05:42 PM | #92
Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page?

Knowing that it was related to the login rewards, yes. Without knowing where to look, it probably would have taken some time.

Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?

I think? I found two stuck to the top of the list, but I have no indication of whether these are active, as well as which is daily/weekly. Since there are only two (of unknown daily or weekly) objectives, not sure where to find the other two of the four combined daily / weekly objectives.

Additionally, without knowing that "Starfighter: Conquer the Skies" is a conquest objective, I could have no idea what that is referring to or how to track progress, whether it is a mission (in log or something to pick up), conquest objective, or an achievement.

In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?

Rather bland, to be honest. Guessing that most of the dailies are the "Defeat Enemies 2" on the various planets, as well as the weeklies for the daily areas (not confusing at all ) and that the weeklies are more group oriented. Weeklies are probably fine in the type of content, but dailies should be more than just farming enemies on x planet.

Would also like to see more variety in that selection, whether it be world or DvL bosses, something tied to the active event, x number of story quests (or quests in general) for the lowbies, bonus bosses in fps / ops, etc. Not sure how to differentiate between Galactic Seasons and a more focused Conquest, however.

How do you feel about the cadence and points offered in GS?

Unable to comment as of yet, given my uncertainty regarding daily/weekly objectives and the point totals all showing 0, as commented elsewhere.

What other general feedback would you would like to tell us?

I'd rather have the default screen of the login/GS screen be of GS, as that will be the screen most often looked at, whereas the login rewards will be only 1 per day. Also, give it a keyboard shortcut! (also, just noticed that it shows underneath the player icon in the menu bar, good start)

Give the ability to preview the rewards. For instance, the Level 1 reward of Ornate Kubazian Box can't be previewed without unlocking the level, so I could have no clue what that entails (guessing the companion).

As elsewhere noted, separate the Priority Objectives for GS from the conquest window, as no conquest points from the GS PO objectives are rewarded. One option would be to shrink the rewards table height significantly and stash the POs in the top section of the GS window, as well as allowing for more than 6 levels per screen.

While the sun-looking icon could be useful in differentiating from the conquest objectives, I would like to see two variations of it, one for daily POs and one for weekly POs.

For the FTP track, there are several stretches of 5-8 levels where they have no rewards, including some 6-level stretch screens where its a blank slate. Please reconsider those stretches.

Regarding the amount of tokens, I am assuming that there are several items that will stay on the vendor across the seasons, like old login rewards, etc, and some are GS season specific. In my opinion, the amount of tokens rewarded for the full 100 levels should be enough for 120% of the GS-season specific rewards, allowing those players who complete the full track to get all of the season-specific rewards while also nabbing a reward or two that they missed previously.

Finally, stop calling everything Galactic ______! We've have Starfighters, Strongholds, Command, and now Seasons.

alphatango
03.26.2021 , 06:34 PM | #93
Just as a general note - most of my feedback has already been stated well enough in prior comments. One thing I wanted to bring up, however:
I'm not sure if this is intended for PTS or if it might be a bug from completing only one of my two daily "pinned" PO listings in the conquest screen, but I seem to have had the exact same "pinned" POs all week (or at least the last four days in a row since I started logging in). Each day it's been "PO: Hutt Space Neutralization" and "PO: War Efforts". I've only been completing "Hutt Space Neutralization" since it's quick and easy (Finish "Quesh: Defeat Enemies 2") and because no warzones have popped for me in order to progress the "Unranked: Victorious" conquest objective required for "PO: War Efforts" thus far. Pretty much the last few days I've effectively been limited to "PO: Hutt Space Neutralization" to get progress as far as dailies go - no randomization for me thus far as far as the "pinned" objectives which grant daily progress are concerned.

Stradlin
03.26.2021 , 07:28 PM | #94
[QUOTE=casirabit;9930936]
Quote: Originally Posted by Stradlin View Post
[/list]
Did you scroll to the bottom? There are uprising and GSF items listed on the list. Just that for some reason atm those are not the ones that are popping up for some people to do on test center.
Have to double check, I went through all of the items and didn't see GSF. Maybe buggged for me. Glad to hear they are there, dysfunctional or otherwise!

xordevoreaux
03.27.2021 , 06:34 AM | #95
My PO Weekly today was Black Hole. Completed the weekly, no advance in points, no indication that the weekly priority was done, but now it's unavailable for having been complete, and the daily is listed as finished, but I haven't started the daily yet (Balmorra kill fest).

Bugs for which there's a failure to reward invested effort is the quickest way for any feature to die.

All it takes is for people to see profound bugs like this in live, one time, and GS is no more. You can't rely on good faith on the players that things will get fixed. Not this time around. You've overlayed this feature on top of too many other things for that.

The rollout has to be smooth. Any "kinks" which fail to reward for time put in, dead feature. People will get the comp, maybe the stronghold, and after that, ignore that GS ever existed.

Edit:

I suspect the bug involves me having never completed the last weekly mission, which was Oricon's weekly, before being issued a new one (Black Hole). Despite having completed Black Hole, as that was today's pinned weekly, I'm not rewarded anything because the game's still waiting for me to complete the previously pinned weekly.
About my SWTOR guilds
Check out my Sims4 mods on Nexus.

Ranadiel_Marius
03.27.2021 , 10:23 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
My PO Weekly today was Black Hole. Completed the weekly, no advance in points, no indication that the weekly priority was done, but now it's unavailable for having been complete, and the daily is listed as finished, but I haven't started the daily yet (Balmorra kill fest).
Err weeklies currently aren't pinned. And the Black Hole PO looks to be daily repeatable, so it is probably meant to be a daily PO and not a weekly PO. As such it showing you as having completed a daily PO sounds right.

xordevoreaux
03.27.2021 , 10:55 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
Err weeklies currently aren't pinned. And the Black Hole PO looks to be daily repeatable, so it is probably meant to be a daily PO and not a weekly PO. As such it showing you as having completed a daily PO sounds right.
I won't be the last person confused about a weekly activity listed as a daily requirement.

Previously, the Oricon weekly was listed as weekly, I'm fairly sure, given that alongside that was a daily for the Rishi killfest, which I completed, and it counted toward the daily. If I'm also confused about that, then we really won't know till this goes live what we're looking at.
About my SWTOR guilds
Check out my Sims4 mods on Nexus.

casirabit
03.27.2021 , 11:13 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post
Not Necessary. Check some of the other ones labeled PO: Critical Missions and those are labeled:
(1) Yavin Weekly Mission
(2) Black Hole Weekly MIssion
(3) Makeb Weekly Mission

And those can only be done once a week per character.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

casirabit
03.27.2021 , 11:15 AM | #99
I won't be the last person confused about a weekly activity listed as a daily requirement.

Previously, the Oricon weekly was listed as weekly, I'm fairly sure, given that alongside that was a daily for the Rishi killfest, which I completed, and it counted toward the daily. If I'm also confused about that, then we really won't know till this goes live what we're looking at.
Depends on the mission from what I saw a lot of the Weeklies seem to be stated PO Critical and those are for the weekly so you are right that you can only do those once a week per character.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

Ranadiel_Marius
03.27.2021 , 11:42 AM | #100

You are supposed to get two dailies and two weeklies. Currently everyone is getting two dailies and no weeklies. Or they are getting weeklies and they just aren't being pinned. Point is the two that are pinned at the top are dailies, not weeklies.

Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Not Necessary. Check some of the other ones labeled PO: Critical Missions and those are labeled:
(1) Yavin Weekly Mission
(2) Black Hole Weekly MIssion
(3) Makeb Weekly Mission

And those can only be done once a week per character.
I'm pretty sure those are still considered daily POs. You can only do them once a week on a character, but you can do them multiple times across your legacy (and POs are legacy wide) as the objective itself is daily repeatable. So you could get the same objective for Black Hole twice in one week and then have to use two different characters if you want to complete it both times.

There are some weekly missions that are weekly POs like Iokath, but not all POs for weeklies are weekly POs. Basically the short daily zone weeklies correspond to daily POs, but the long daily zone weeklies correspond weekly POs.