Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

Smokey_swtor
12.13.2011 , 09:20 AM | #931
Quote: Originally Posted by RoriBeedm View Post
This isn't server load testing. This is ensuring that everyone gets in smoothly without issues like occured with STO during it's first month. Open Beta resulted in server crashes, insane lag, and all around pissed off customers. Launch Day the game was almost unplayable for the people who got in and queues had to be instituted that resulted in huge numbers not being able to play at all. It took them over a week to get enough servers to get everyone on, THEN the servers started going down every half hour to an hour.

Bioware is attempting to ensure that this process goes as smoothly as possible with no crashes, no "I have to wait in a queue for 5 hours" and as little lag as possible. Plus with the staggered entry you won't be fighting with one million other people over the starting areas.

If they had let everyone in you'd be here complaining about "The server keeps crashing" or "I'm stuck in a queue" or "I can't complete this quest because everyone else is killing all the enemies" or "This lag is horrible, Bioware you suck". There is no way for them to win in this situation so they took the way that will be least painful for the players and cause the least resentment due to hardware issues.

You sir have said exactly what I was thinking. Spot on!

side note: Thank you to anyone and everyone who has made this day possible!
extra side note: I didnt get a chance to enter my code in until the end of last month, does it bother me? yes!! Will I rage on the forums like a 3yr old? NO!

Wake up ppl!! Today is the start of something amazing! We should all be happy and thankful for the opportunity to live our star wars dream! We all are fans of star wars and despite some mishaps with lucas arts and that sad blue ray release they did, WE THE FANS have stuck together and been an awesome community of friendly ppl. Lets keep it like that and stop all this complaining and whining...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kunitsukami View Post
People are allowed to have opinions, and when you give them complete anonymity and a voice they become double a-holes.

DarkGremio
12.13.2011 , 09:20 AM | #932
How many invites are going out per wave?

MAMUTHE
12.13.2011 , 09:20 AM | #933
Many Tks Syephemmmm........

PrimeRadiant
12.13.2011 , 09:21 AM | #934
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
[color=#f9d648]

I'll be updating this thread (and this post) as we send out more 'waves' of invites.
It's mid morning now and you are still only on two waves??

Antiuna
12.13.2011 , 09:21 AM | #935
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkGremio View Post
How many invites are going out per wave?
This I would love to know!

Chorizo
12.13.2011 , 09:21 AM | #936
I just hope I'm in by Saturday Morning. Getting in sooner would be nice but I need the weekend!

Rayotta
12.13.2011 , 09:21 AM | #937
Thanks for the updates on early access wave

fingers crossed now that when I get my invite that the server my friends are already playing on (Basilisk Droid) is not full with long Q times.

darkov
12.13.2011 , 09:21 AM | #938
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
You miss the point where Bioware has far more. If 59,000 physical pre-orders = 600,000 people. What do you think 939,000 physical pre-orders equal?
SWTOR has over 3 million pre-orders.

Zaxxor
12.13.2011 , 09:21 AM | #939
I have to say that IMO this early access method they are using is really terrible. I cant think of a worse way to launch an MMO...I am hoping we dont see more idiot moves like this in the future..

LeetMiniWheat
12.13.2011 , 09:22 AM | #940
sitting here eagerly waiting for my EGA... can't focus on anything else. couldn't even sleep due to the anticipation, felt like xmas morning.

I really hope people from the 24th get in on the 3rd wave. from what I gather though, they haven't even invited all the people from the 22nd though, but I'm guessing the number of people preordering after the 21st and 22nd starts to decline, so hopefully they'll start doing a few days at a time in batches.

anyways, 1 hour 35 mins sofar since the wave 2, which came an hour and a half after wave 1. come on wave 3!!!
(█████████████████████Ξ█||||||()██()||||||█Ξ█████████████████████)