Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood down option

Nasagi
09.22.2021 , 08:45 AM | #1
Dunno how relevant this might be, but I really wish there was an option to put the hood down manually without having to wear some ridiculous looking hat. Also dont know if this is the right channel for it, but I feel it should be addressed somehow

Phazonfreak
09.22.2021 , 10:33 AM | #2
The correct forum for this would be the Suggestion Box.

There is a strong possibility that we will get that option some time next year as part of the upcoming technical and UI improvements for the yearlong anniversary celebration. Charles Boyd, the Creative Director for the game, hinted at something like this during the last livestream for the upcoming expansion.

Nasagi
09.22.2021 , 11:51 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Phazonfreak View Post
The correct forum for this would be the Suggestion Box.

There is a strong possibility that we will get that option some time next year as part of the upcoming technical and UI improvements for the yearlong anniversary celebration. Charles Boyd, the Creative Director for the game, hinted at something like this during the last livestream for the upcoming expansion.
Thanks so much for all the info!

SteveTheCynic
09.22.2021 , 04:13 PM | #4
[citation needed]
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

MadDutchman
09.22.2021 , 09:01 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
[citation needed]
...they did cite their source in their post (the last livestream)

Whether it's wishful interpretation or not though, who knows
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Phazonfreak
09.22.2021 , 09:28 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
[citation needed]
https://youtu.be/WQYB2SU6H1g?t=36m17s

Notice Charles Boyd saying that they will have "stuff happening under the hood" together with his coy smile and beard stroke.

This is no confirmation, of course, but considering that a hood down option is one of the most requested tech modernization items for the game, I think it is safe to say that this is exactly what he meant while avoiding anything concrete.

ronin_chi_lao
09.23.2021 , 10:48 PM | #7
https://youtu.be/WQYB2SU6H1g?t=36m17s

Notice Charles Boyd saying that they will have "stuff happening under the hood" together with his coy smile and beard stroke.

This is no confirmation, of course, but considering that a hood down option is one of the most requested tech modernization items for the game, I think it is safe to say that this is exactly what he meant while avoiding anything concrete.
It's been asked for since the launch of the game so maybe?

On another note the "under the hood" thing they were referring to was more tweaks to optimize the games engine so a lot of current issues including lag are reduced. The engine itself is in very bad shape considering how it was rushed under "beta" [if you want to call it that] release (not the game itself but the engine was NOT ready) when the game launched. lol

Spoiler

Sorry for carrying on. Let's wish for better QoL stuff either way. I'm sure more will come if the optimizations work better then they did in the past.

Your point was very insightful and I will consider many options.
Callanthi Raye <Force Mystics> TKSAGE/FURYMARAUDER-combat style https://www.forcemystics.com/

Humbe
09.23.2021 , 11:45 PM | #8
Thought of this myself.. I love the robes out in the wild (as I don't see that hair is missing in hood from those angles), but when having a cut-scene, I'd like it to be with hood down.

-Myk-
09.25.2021 , 06:25 PM | #9
I just want them to fix the graphics clipping of hoods and helmets.

WHTJunior
09.28.2021 , 12:26 PM | #10
I agree with this request every time I see it. We know it's there, since there are races that can't wear them. Just give us a checkbox that allows us to act like our character is a Togruta, Kuubaz, Trandoshan, etc. Call it "Hood Down" if you like, but the tech is already there.