Nomar Organa is a jerk (spoilers)

jomfalcona

I'm playing as a light-sided SI. During my Alderaan Class quest I have to get Rist to bring Organa back to Alderaan so I can take his key and obtain an artifact. Rist tells me she still loves Organa, a guy who dumped her 20 years ago, and she has not married since. I thought geez, some people need to learn to get over a bad breakup.

Organa speaks to Rist via holocall and agrees to see her in person. They arrange to meet in a cave filled with blaster-wielding bugs. I fight my way through the bug cave and meet with the former pair, only to be threatened and insulted by the Jedi. I could have easily killed him here but decided against it. Organa was a pompous clown but I felt bad for Rist. She looked to be in her 40's and this was probably her last best chance to get a man.

I chose all the LS options and Organa decided to reunite with Rist. They looked to be a happy couple. Organa gave me his key to the vault where I could get an artifact and finish my class quest. I thought: Great, Organa is giving up his career as a Jedi to be with his love. What a happy ending. They leave the cave together.

I take a shuttle to the vault and go to the room with the artifact. The guardian of the chamber is no one else but Organa! He goes "LOLZ I was jk about reuniting with that old broad, I just told her what she wanted to hear so I could gather reinforcements to fight you" His backup was two padawans with 900 HP. I know it's just a game but I pictured how that conversation would be in real life "Hey babe, I know I broke your heart 20 years ago when I dumped you, and I promised I would quit the Jedi for you, but I just said that to get away from the scary man wearing the mask. Sorry to get your hopes up."

Organa then gives me a speech about how his morals are vastly superior to mine because he is a Jedi. I killed him in about 2 mins. Overall, I like how Bioware makes some Jedi to be hypocritical buttheads instead of virtuous defenders. My favorite line was when my SI tells Organa: "I have more light within me than you ever will"

So yeah, I thought that was a pretty neat plot twist, definitely unexpected.

Edited by jomfalcona

I'm playing as a light-sided SI. During my Alderaan Class quest I have to get Rist to bring Organa back to Alderaan so I can take his key and obtain an artifact. Rist tells me she still loves Organa, a guy who dumped her 20 years ago, and she has not married since. I thought geez, some people need to learn to get over a bad breakup.

Organa speaks to Rist via holocall and agrees to see her in person. They arrange to meet in a cave filled with blaster-wielding bugs. I fight my way through the bug cave and meet with the former pair, only to be threatened and insulted by the Jedi. I could have easily killed him here but decided against it. Organa was a pompous clown but I felt bad for Rist. She looked to be in her 40's and this was probably her last best chance to get a man.

I chose all the LS options and Organa decided to reunite with Rist. They looked to be a happy couple. Organa gave me his key to the vault where I could get an artifact and finish my class quest. I thought: Great, Organa is giving up his career as a Jedi to be with his love. What a happy ending. They leave the cave together.

I take a shuttle to the vault and go to the room with the artifact. The guardian of the chamber is no one else but Organa! He goes "LOLZ I was jk about reuniting with that old broad, I just told her what she wanted to hear so I could gather reinforcements to fight you" His backup was two padawans with 900 HP. I know it's just a game but I pictured how that conversation would be in real life "Hey babe, I know I dumped you 20 years ago and promised I would quit the Jedi for you, but I just said that to get away from the scary man wearing the mask. Sorry to get your hopes up."

Organa then gives me a speech about how his morals are vastly superior to mine because he is a Jedi. I killed him in about 2 mins. Overall, it was an annoying twist but I like how Bioware makes some Jedi to be hypocritical buttheads instead of virtuous defenders. My favorite line was when my SI tells Organa; "I have more light within me than you ever will"

Lol, I remember that. I was like yeah, finally a light sided option that bit me in the ***.

Welcome to the world of the Light Sith. Where our merciful ways and requests for no bloodshed fall on deaf, brainwashed ears.

Being both a Light Inquisitor and Warrior, I've come to realize one thing. It is so much fun to make Jedi look like trigger-happy, overzealous drones. They contradict their own code so much, it's hard to keep a straight face when they mention it as a means to justify their narrow-minded actions.

The Jedi Code as practiced by the Jedi NPCs in-game:

There is no emotion, there is only peace. Unless it's a sith. Then feel free to flip out and stab them while screaming invectives. Or unless you really feel like it. Or it's a day that ends in "Y".

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Knowledge of the various ways to backstab people, torture them, and otherwise poop on them in your lustful quest for glorious revenge upon anyone who slights you.

There is no passion, there is serenity. Serenely shout insults at anyone you serenely dislike, and serenely chop them into dogfood while foaming at the mouth (serenely).

There is no chaos, there is harmony. After all, if those pesky sith (or whoever else, really) weren't all up in your face/grill/tentacles, there wouldn't BE any chaos now, would there? So go to it!

There is no death, there is the Force. And if you follow this code, you'll become one with it soon enough... :rolleyes:

Edited by LyriaFrost

Welcome to the world of the Light Sith. Where our merciful ways and requests for no bloodshed fall on deaf, brainwashed ears.

Being both a Light Inquisitor and Warrior, I've come to realize one thing. It is so much fun to make Jedi look like trigger-happy, overzealous drones. They contradict their own code so much, it's hard to keep a straight face when they mention it as a means to justify their narrow-minded actions.

My favorite option along those lines comes from the Sith Warrior quest line, where you run into a pair of Jedi sent to stop you in Chapter I. The dialog for a Light Side Sith basically goes like this:

Jedi A: Aha, you've fallen into our clever trap.

Sith Warrior: So I have. Well, you're not the Jedi I've been looking for, so I'll be leaving now.

Jedi B: Oh no you don't! We're Sith killing Jedi! We'll kill you too!

Sith Warrior: O RLY?

Jedi B: Yep. So, attack us!

Sith Warrior: Nah.

Jedi A: Uh oh.

Jedi B: What are we waiting for?

Jedi A: He's not attacking us.

Sith Warrior: Nope. Not my style. I've got no reason to fight you chaps.

Jedi B: You are Sith! Attack us so we can kill you!

Sith Warrior: I'd really rather not. By the way, have you noticed that you're veering dangerously close to the Dark Side?

Jedi A: He's right! We can't attack him offensively. That's not what being a Jedi is about.

Jedi B: JEDI SMASH!

Sith Warrior: Sigh.

[Jedi B gets roflstomped]

Sith Warrior: Well, that was unfortunate.

Jedi A: Oh, bugger off.

• Like 1

Ah yes, good old Nomar. He's the one who cemented my belief that there's a good reason the Jedi reputation is in the toilet with the Republic.

Also, Ashara's Masters.

I took the high road on this one. I approached them openly, asked Ashara to set up a meeting. I offered to take care of their Sith Ghost problem. I made no hostile gestures, I came in peace.

Did they accept my offer?

Did they reject it, but give me the option to withdraw peacefully, as I came?

Did they reject my offer, and then inform me I was under arrest for violating Republic territory, and offer me the chance to surrender?

NNNNNNNYYYYYYYOOOOOOPERS!

They charged at me with lightsabers blazing and tried to cut me down. And I left, with the ghost, with their padawan, and with a couple new notches on my lightsaber hilt.

The Jedi Code as practiced by the Jedi NPCs in-game:

There is no emotion, there is only peace. Unless it's a sith. Then feel free to flip out and stab them while screaming invectives. Or unless you really feel like it. Or it's a day that ends in "Y".

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. Knowledge of the various ways to backstab people, torture them, and otherwise poop on them in your lustful quest for glorious revenge upon anyone who slights you.

There is no passion, there is serenity. Serenely shout insults at anyone you serenely dislike, and serenely chop them into dogfood while foaming at the mouth (serenely).

There is no chaos, there is harmony. After all, if those pesky sith (or whoever else, really) weren't all up in your face/grill/tentacles, there wouldn't BE any chaos now, would there? So go to it!

There is no death, there is the Force. And if you follow this code, you'll become one with it soon enough... :rolleyes:

hahahaha love it, describes all of them perfectly.... I killed Nomar in the cave on my SI, playing her a bit DS. But my SW is much more LS and took the high road with those 2 jedi also....Jedi A walked out before the fight and Jedi B is contemplating the dark side in my storyline. THe only one who didn't attack first was Master Timmns, I was more shocked by that one.

Edited by MandelynRain

I take a shuttle to the vault and go to the room with the artifact. The guardian of the chamber is no one else but Organa! He goes "LOLZ I was jk about reuniting with that old broad, I just told her what she wanted to hear so I could gather reinforcements to fight you" His backup was two padawans with 900 HP. I know it's just a game but I pictured how that conversation would be in real life "Hey babe, I know I broke your heart 20 years ago when I dumped you, and I promised I would quit the Jedi for you, but I just said that to get away from the scary man wearing the mask. Sorry to get your hopes up."

Organa then gives me a speech about how his morals are vastly superior to mine because he is a Jedi. I killed him in about 2 mins. Overall, I like how Bioware makes some Jedi to be hypocritical buttheads instead of virtuous defenders. My favorite line was when my SI tells Organa: "I have more light within me than you ever will"

Oh man oh man that is just so golden! :p I mostly went DS with Rist but neutral with Organa [silly me] he was a dick either way :cool::ph_love_this::sy_empire:

Ah it was nice reading the light version of that story. I knew something was up when I stepped into that cave and it was a farkin' death trap of bugs. Meet at their secret place pff, more like check in and never check out.

I'm dying to play a light inquisitor but my light one is on the shelf until my leveling partner gets his trooper obsession out of his system.

THe only one who didn't attack first was Master Timmns, I was more shocked by that one.

Master Timmns rules. Definitely the best written of all the Jedi characters I encountered on both my runs through the Sith Warrior class quests. Karr was great as a Jedi about to fall but Timmns, especially if you push on his morality in the Darth's cell, was just amazing. Could really see him sitting down with you after the war, having a beer, and happily debating philosophically the true nature of the force.