What to do when conquest points are over 100k?

My personal conquest progress bar shows 170K/100K. Do I continue trying to meet objectives? Is there any benefit to doing so?

I'm a long unsubscribed returning player, so I'm a bit nebulous on many facets of the game, would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks for your response. I found a couple posts that explained that any extra conquest points go to your guild's conquest achievements, and that you don't get any extra rewards beyond what you got for reaching 100K points.

SWTOR is a pretty good MMO, but leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to properly explaining how its myriad reward and currency systems work, IMO.

Thanks for your response. I found a couple posts that explained that any extra conquest points go to your guild's conquest achievements, and that you don't get any extra rewards beyond what you got for reaching 100K points.

SWTOR is a pretty good MMO, but leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to properly explaining how its myriad reward and currency systems work, IMO.

No kidding...

My personal conquest progress bar shows 170K/100K. Do I continue trying to meet objectives? Is there any benefit to doing so?

There's no benefit (or problem) for you to go over 100K, but your CQ points also contribute towards your Guild's CQ total (if you're in a Guild).

There are some guilds that offer incentives for getting amounts of conquest over 100k, like being entered into a prize raffle for each toon that gets 500k, or giving people credits when they hit a million points. But there is nothing in-game for getting more than 100k conquest points.

There are some guilds that offer incentives for getting amounts of conquest over 100k, like being entered into a prize raffle for each toon that gets 500k, or giving people credits when they hit a million points.

For the benefit of the guild, I find this slightly weird, since having the member switch to a different (in-the-guild) character gives just as many points, but, if the other character meets the 100K points (not really hard), the guild-member gets more for-the-guild objects from the guild-linked Conquest rewards.

For the benefit of the guild, I find this slightly weird, since having the member switch to a different (in-the-guild) character gives just as many points, but, if the other character meets the 100K points (not really hard), the guild-member gets more for-the-guild objects from the guild-linked Conquest rewards.

A few guilds do this CQ contribution calculation on a per-legacy basis while most go by per-character basis. Doing it on a per-legacy basis requires some guild officer to sit down to type out and add numbers manually for each legacy in the guild as the guild management tools are primitive.This is a labor-intensive that cannot be automated. So guild generally choose per-character basis.

There have many good suggestions over the years on QoL improvements for guild creation and management. Option to view guild conquest leaderboard by legacy instead of by character was previously suggested as well.

Edited by mike_carton

• 2 months later...

isn't that Conquest is Legacy, so playing another character in the same legacy isn't doing much towards Conquest.?

I mean yea, they're earning Conquest points separately, but the achievements that can't be repeated (like weekly's) you earn nothing, and those weekly's are a lot of points

isn't that Conquest is Legacy, so playing another character in the same legacy isn't doing much towards Conquest.?

I mean yea, they're earning Conquest points separately, but the achievements that can't be repeated (like weekly's) you earn nothing, and those weekly's are a lot of points

True, but it's easy to get 100K points for the guild on each of multiple characters many objectives are repeatable daily, and can therefore be done on a different character each day). I do this myself some weeks (and some weeks I concentrate on one character)(1). "Multiple" here means five, six or even more. If they are in the same guild, that means the guild gets multiple characters with the weekly award.

(1) My Pubside guild contains only my characters, and "my" Impside guild (I inherited it way back) might as well contain only my characters since none of the other people in it plays any more.

• 3 weeks later...
True, but it's easy to get 100K points for the guild on each of multiple characters many objectives are repeatable daily, and can therefore be done on a different character each day). I do this myself some weeks (and some weeks I concentrate on one character)(1). "Multiple" here means five, six or even more. If they are in the same guild, that means the guild gets multiple characters with the weekly award.

(1) My Pubside guild contains only my characters, and "my" Impside guild (I inherited it way back) might as well contain only my characters since none of the other people in it plays any more.

Consider the simple math. Getting one character to Conquest goal results in 1 Conquest reward regardless of your total Conquest. Getting multiple characters to Conquest goal gets you multiple Conquest rewards. So if you get 600k Conquest on 1 character, thats great, you get a reward and the guild gets 600k towards its goal. But if you get 100k on 6 characters, you get 6 rewards, and the guild still gets the same.

So as long as you aren't trying to get a guild reward, I suggest spreading your Conquest out and getting as many characters to goal as you can.

Consider the simple math. Getting one character to Conquest goal results in 1 Conquest reward regardless of your total Conquest. Getting multiple characters to Conquest goal gets you multiple Conquest rewards.

So as long as you aren't trying to get a guild reward, I suggest spreading your Conquest out and getting as many characters to goal as you can.

If the personal conquest rewards were anything worth worrying about, that would be true. 🙂

Consider the simple math. Getting one character to Conquest goal results in 1 Conquest reward regardless of your total Conquest. Getting multiple characters to Conquest goal gets you multiple Conquest rewards. So if you get 600k Conquest on 1 character, thats great, you get a reward and the guild gets 600k towards its goal. But if you get 100k on 6 characters, you get 6 rewards, and the guild still gets the same.

That was more or less my point, especially in the context of guilds, whence my thought that it's a bit weird that a guild would do something that encourages members to get *fewer* rewards for themselves *and* fewer rewards **for**the**guild**.