The Chronicles of Jasuum Fett, Chapter 1

TharinDrake

Chapter 1

A Home Grown Battle

Callus got his two Cycler sniper rifles out of his barn thinking to himself. This is my home and i will defend it, for my family, and for the glory of Mandalore. he looked around his barn for anything else and remembered his thermal detonators that he repurposed for farming, by "softening" up the ground for seeding. he called Kalub over to help him with the bag so they could line them along a cliff and bury the Watchers when they are right under it. of course Callus did have other weapons on his person namely missiles, one on his back for big damage. Two on his gauntlets, and two on his knee pads. Along with his missiles, Callus also had his A-116 pistol that he never took off his person and his two vibro knives that were on his chest and in his boot.

Kalub looked down at his chrono and said "they are getting here any minute we don't have much time, where are we going to set up shop?". Callus responded "we are going to be on either side of the cliffs so we can box them in when we blow the charges, by the way how is your aim with a slugthrower?" Kalub grinned "it hasn't changed since that Skirmish with the Iridonians". "good because we need as much advantage as possible" Callus replied. "I know it's not a good time to ask but what did you do to get them to hate you this much?, because all I heard them say was that they were coming for you, with help" Kalub asked, callus sighed "i didn't do much just stole there credit box and killed a few sentries after i warned Jarikk not to mess with me. and I'm sure his nose is feeling better after last week and i'm sure they found some bounty on me to heighten their enthusiasm for killing me as well vode, But i'm glad I'll be fighting them with you at my side".

Jasuum looked at his mother as they rode to the nearest spaceport for help which was Boonta Eve and wondered if he should ask to ease his curiosity and all the other emotions that were stabbing at him but he couldn't agonize her seeing that she was hurting just as much as he was and maybe more about all this that has developed in the course of a day. Now that he was having a little more focus, he saw a strange glare that was coming off the side of a canyon coming up then a small flash, but before he could say anything Salia swerved the speeder to the side when a small explosion burst right where they were. "Are you okay Jase" Salia said. Too frightened by the explosion he only nodded his head. salia started driving faster now if he didn't hold on tight he would have fallen off. "Jase grab handles and don't stop for any thing i'm going to take care of our assassins". he grabbed the handles as she let go and unclipped her duel B-20s from her holsters.

There were many more blaster shots coming from the ridge as they got closer to the assailant. Salia was nervous but confident in her shooting ability and she had to be faithful in her son's driving ability. She saw the shooter up on the ridge, aimed, and fired and she knew it would hit it's mark before it did. the body fell over the ledge with a thunk as they drove right on by. Jasuum looked back at his mother and she gave him a reassuring look and said "it's going to be alright we'er safe now" as they flew threw the canyon. Salia took over the speeder controls and looked at the fuel gauge and grunted as she saw how low it was, but it was just enough to get to the out skirts Boonta Eve. As they drove threw the canyon, they both noticed a different tone sounding around them at first the thought it was just their speeder acting up, but the pitch was higher and it was getting louder or closer then they caught a glimpse of three speeders trailing them.