Feedback on the new "Dynamic" Inventory - What the What?

Sarova

My constructive (in parts) feedback (edited to be less shouty but not much less):

1. What the hell? :mad:
  2. It's awful
  3. Why did you do this?
  4. It will not let me customise my stuff the way I like to :(
  5. It keeps moving/reordering items where I don't want them - I can't find anything!
  6. The options for organising stuff are all terrible. Options are: Compact, Quality, Value, Quantity PLEASE add an option called: "I DECIDE WHERE MY STUFF GOES IN MY BAG NOT YOU" I will also accept "none"
  7. It's pants
  8. Ugh
  9. Whyyyyyyy??!!! :(
  10. It's driving me crazy and I can't stop it from moving my stuff around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Who thought this up? I'd like a word please :mad:
  12. I like to have different items placed in different locations in my inventory such as medpacs/stims/rakghoul plague cures top left, jawa scraps top right, toys bottom right, armour sets bottom left , drops-to-sort-through-later-mid-left and so on. My OCD needs this. I don't want your "dynamic" inventory!

In conclusion: I hate it.

Edited by Sarova

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that this new Inventory is not very good. I like to organize my inventory a certain way. This means my Stims, adrenals, and medpacks among other things I keep in a specific spot, so that I know 1) I won't accidently Deconstruct them, 2) so I know I won't accidently Vendor them.

Not to mention I like to keep my Jawa scrap in specific spots as well.

A lot of us gamers brains work in a very specific way and this inventory is affecting my neuro-diverse brain in a very negative way. Stop taking the enjoyment out of what should be an escapist, enjoyable activity by making what you think are quality of life fixes which are just not. It might be a small change but it is having a huge impact.

Add a drop down option for "NONE" asap please.

(p.s. nothing to do with anything but to counter my negativity about the inventory, hairstyles are great).

Edited by Sarova

I have a crap ton of alts, please put in an option that leaves me in control of where certain items sit in my inventory. I have a system in place and do not need the hassle of trying to find items out of place every time I swap characters.

The more personal control you strip from the game the more players will slip through your fingers.

I don't have the PTS installed right now. Are you seriously saying that we can no longer organize our inventory the way we like? That is insane! Why would they mess with something so basic? I have a specific way my inventory is organized. Messing with that is going to result in selling/disintegrating errors :mad:

I have a crap ton of alts, please put in an option that leaves me in control of where certain items sit in my inventory. I have a system in place and do not need the hassle of trying to find items out of place every time I swap characters.

The more personal control you strip from the game the more players will slip through your fingers.

I too have a "crap ton of alts" and also have all my characters inventories laid out to exactly the same on every single one of them. I should control the layout of my inventory not the game.

I don't have the PTS installed right now. Are you seriously saying that we can no longer organize our inventory the way we like? That is insane! Why would they mess with something so basic? I have a specific way my inventory is organized. Messing with that is going to result in selling/disintegrating errors :mad:

That's exactly what I'm saying. Your items are now ordered according to the "new" options they've given us (Compact, Quality, Value, Quantity - and none of these do what you think they will), whether you like it or not. It's absolutely awful and way worse than anything they've done to abilities or the new gearing system (ability changes are not in the slightest bit noticeable if you're a soloer and we'll all get used to the new gearing system after a couple of weeks, despite our moaning). I fail to understand how they could mess up something as basic as a static inventory. No-one apart from a person formed purely of chaos particles* would want their stuff jumping around everytime they open it.

If they don't do something to fix the inventory situation quickly, I think it will cause far more unsubs than anything else they throw at us.

*I made up chaos particles. Too much sci fi melted my brain.

Edited by Sarova

I was also greatly disapointed forcing it to NOT let me place stuff where I wanted either, like it currently does!

As said by the OP at start:

"...

2. It's awful

3. Why did you do this?

4. It will not let me customize my stuff the way I like to

5. It keeps moving/reordering items where I don't want them - I can't find anything!

..."

Its the same REASON I asked why is there no 5th option for Custom? Currently it organizes only once, cause nobody cares about stuff that (mostly) drops if it's mostly just converted to Tech Frag's. The one exception is a unique item you want as an outfit.

Let me organize where it goes!

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=998316

So then I started this and repeated most of what you 'OP' stated in the start, plus my dislike of the doing everything in the new massive UI when hitting C. Big thumbs down for me, I want the 6.0 UI upgrade option with sleeker form, function, and UI design just put the 7.0 look on it.

I don't like the new 'C' option that shows a single HUGE window, that shows Inventory and everything all at Once! It just has no focus, and tries to do ALL in a single window. It's far larger size is the single biggest reason I do NOT like it. While 6.0 offered more independent windows, it was far more focused on what you needed to do. I do NOT want to look at Inventory, when viewing character, cause I only need to do that if I want to change look. Then even then I'd prefer two separate windows!

I don't want EVERYTHING in ONE massive window! I also don't want to see 'K' for Dicsiplines / Combat Style when viewing gear, or other stuff either! Trying to incorporate everything into a single window--massive disappointment as well. :(

Edited by Strathkin

Firstly, it doesn't work. It does not successfully sort objects by the criteria it claims to sort them by, so for starters, it's broken.

Secondly, the lack of user assignable ordering is terrible. You have removed the primary functionality of the inventory system.

Rating: -10 - 10*-i stars out of five. It's so terrible that it requires the complex number plane to express how bad it is compared to live.

totally agree with how awful it is...

and I can only hope it is "just" a bug- at least that is what I thought when I first realized that my ordered items were in disarray again and after sorting them again and closing and reopening my inventory they were again sorted differently...

because if this truly is an explicit design choice by the devs I can only speechlessly shake my head, like seriously? that does not make one ounce of sense :confused:

I agree that this new Inventory is not very good. I like to organize my inventory a certain way. This means my Stims, adrenals, and medpacks among other things I keep in a specific spot, so that I know 1) I won't accidently Deconstruct them, 2) so I know I won't accidently Vendor them.

Not to mention I like to keep my Jawa scrap in specific spots as well.

While I never accidently sold anything because of placement, I agree, I have certain places I like to put my items in my inventory.

Medpacks and Adrenals always in the first spots! Stuff I want to hold on to, but won't sell, down in the last row(s)!

Thanks everyone for responding. I thought I was the only one who noticed how bad it is, however it's a unanimous "NOPE!" for that diabolical inventory. Devs: please take note - you have several threads calling this out now (and now I've had to abandon my Darth Rivix support to display my displeasure about the changed inventory in my signature instead. Think of the Rivix Support!). Edited by Sarova

Posting here in support.

It is a HORRIBLE VERY BAD CHANGE! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

OCD as well, and I HATED IT on the PTR. Utter detestment! :mad:

Please fix, add an option to turn off or just.....oh I don't know.....NOT ADD IT AT ALL!?!?

I mean logically, what purpose does it serve!?!? Really? We havn't had an issue with it for 10 years!?!? UGH :mad:

:(

I reiterate the need for manual inventory placement as an option.

I have been requesting in multiple threads, that the sort options should be expanded:

• Alphabetical

• Category

• Compact

• Manual

• Quality

• Quantity

• Value

And then put that sort option on Inventory, Cargo, and Legacy storage. Maybe even remove Manual, and put a toggle in the Preferences, that turns all of them off.

Edited by WHTJunior