Worst mission/Chapter?

BumpBump

The Kaliyo Chapter, KOTFE Chapter X. The never ending areas of nothing but mobs, mobs and more mobs. The last part of the chapter where the mobs would literally detect you halfway across the map and you'd just run through an endlessly LONG ONE-WAY CORRIDOR of nothing but mobs, defeat the boss at the end and then run back through the SAME long one-way corridor with more spawned mobs. Hate it so much. Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Least fav is the chapter Scorpio first shows up in. I find it rather dull. And Ch2 with Valkorian in our heads in the dream sequence while we are in carbonite.

Most favs are escaping from Zakuul (kotfe) and the 2 Iokath chapters(kotet)

The Kaliyo Chapter, KOTFE Chapter X. The never ending areas of nothing but mobs, mobs and more mobs. The last part of the chapter where the mobs would literally detect you halfway across the map and you'd just run through an endlessly LONG ONE-WAY CORRIDOR of nothing but mobs, defeat the boss at the end and then run back through the SAME long one-way corridor with more spawned mobs. Hate it so much.

This is by far my most hated one. It makes me want to quit playing and it spoils any good feelings I might have getting new characters to Chapter IX. It has every single thing that I hate about KOTxx all rolled into the same chapter. (I don't necessarily hate KOTxx overall, just the things that I DO hate about it are all here)

The mobs are just part of the hate, but that is definitely up there for why it sucks so much.

Theron loses track of his senses and makes me recruit a terrorist despite many protestations from all

Companion I don't want is thrust on me, and for the one agent I had at the time who might have wanted her, she has the lame excuses and acts like it's no big deal (the beginning of the terrible Alliance Alerts where your companions have stupid excuses for not seeking you out)

Forced to do an act(s) of terrorism on LS characters that they would almost certainly never agree to--but game forces you to do it anyway--and acts like Kaliyo has some big leverage over you that you can't just force choke her to shut up and take you straight to Overwatch or abandon her right there and get to Overwatch yourself

Cannot stealth away from annoying constant mobs, and as mentioned above, the endless supply of auto-aggroed mobs from literally all over the map make it extremely annoying when you'll take five steps, aggro, fight three mobs from all over the place, take five steps, aggro another mob from across the map, and on and on

Broken final boss (helicopter is loud and annoying but doesn't hurt you, consoles don't work anymore, boss does that stupid shielded thing that artificially and lamely and annoyingly prolongs the already annoying fight that could be finished in 4 seconds if they didn't pull that shield "mechanic")

Mobs getting cleared from one spot, you go click on something shiny, then come back and a new set of mobs spawns in the same place so you get to fight twice in the same spot for no reason other than they were trying to make the "playtime" artificially longer, just like the boss fight

Companion threatens to stab you after you've let her into the Alliance and no matter what you feel you cannot tell her to leave when everyone and their gizka pet knows she is bad news and a liability.

Probably the only example of a companion I can give any credence to people who want to kill any NPC/companion that backtalks or sasses them a little bit. It's out of control the whole time you talk to Kaliyo for this and the rest of KOTxx, even if you try to be nice to her.

The Kaliyo chapter seems to be the winner so far. It's definitely my pick for the worst. As aerockul said, it doesn't make a lot of sense that LS characters would even entertain the idea of recruiting her in the first place, and even many DS characters would reject her because the damage she does is so unfocused.

It should have been an alert. If they needed someone to contrast sharply with Jorgan, someone like Iresso [who served with him] or Pierce [to highlight the imperial/republic clash] would have worked fine.

In contrast, I'd have liked to have seen Talos' alliance alert made into a full chapter. Scrap the storyline for it, and replace it with Talos exploring the Temple of Sacrifice to see if any part of it could be macgyvered to exorcise Valkorian. Have Fake!Khem continue to serve as the Temple's unwilling guardian, and add more backstory about Exar Kun, maybe even an interaction with his ghost. I think it would be neat to show the setting for an OP, or rather the aftermath of an OP, inside a chapter. The PC and Talos would be stepping around corpses from the battle, digging through interesting junk that didn't get noticed during ToS. Plus, it'd be a better way for LS players to come to terms with the fact that they're stuck with Valkorion, instead of Lana just handwaving the problem away.

In KOFE my two least favorite chapters are the Lady of Sorrows chapter and the Satele/Marr chapter. The former is long & dull, and the latter was interesting the first time I did it as a force user, but all the times after...running here, there, everywhere, while they blathered on in the background about the force got annoying. (The more I hear their musings on the force, too, the less sense they make to me. But I am totally into Satele & Marr as a force couple.) Getting beaten up by Valkorion is also annoying and boring. In KOTET, the final chapter. I always dread it. I hate being Valkorion, and whether I'm a light or dark character I now make Lord Dramath stick around to help me fight Vaylin. It helps my attitude--a little.

I agree with poster who said Oricon for the orig story (post-individual story), and I'd have to say in KOTET the worst is having to make the Torian/Vette decision.

We were the head of the alliance. no reason we couldn't have rescued both given the extent of our companions by that point.

I agree with poster who said Oricon for the orig story (post-individual story), and I'd have to say in KOTET the worst is having to make the Torian/Vette decision.

We were the head of the alliance. no reason we couldn't have rescued both given the extent of our companions by that point.

The worst part about that decision to me is that if you aren't a BH or SW it's largely irrelevant. If it were Lana or Theron, or maybe Lana/Theron AND your LI, that would be high stakes. I'd have liked an option for DS players to say 'kill them both', which would make the resulting boss fight easier.

Edited by Ardrossan

The Kaliyo Chapter, KOTFE Chapter X. The never ending areas of nothing but mobs, mobs and more mobs. The last part of the chapter where the mobs would literally detect you halfway across the map and you'd just run through an endlessly LONG ONE-WAY CORRIDOR of nothing but mobs, defeat the boss at the end and then run back through the SAME long one-way corridor with more spawned mobs. Hate it so much.

qft.

I have done that mission enough times now that I will never repeat it. Even if the minimal plot for it was decent, it's not worth the pain to get through it.

Nothing else compares.

Edited by Keta

• +1 for the KOTFE Kaliyo Chapter 10: "Anarchy in Paradise" - Kaliyo and endless Skytroopers? What were they thinking with that?
  • KOTFE Chapter 12: Visions in the Dark where you supposedly get additional training and a better weapon to fight Arcann. Neither of those things happen and the chapter is one big annoying fest of crap and Shade Walkers
  • KOTFE Chapter 13: Profit and Plunder - the first time it was okay because Gault made it fun but I hate Vette so loath having to repeat this chapter on alts
  • KOTET Chapter 4: Where dreams die & KOTET Chapter 5: Ascension - anything in this game that forces me to team up with Vette needs to be nuked from orbit :mad:
  • Republic side heroic: Into the Killik Warrens (Alderaan) why Lord why?
  • ALL Republic side - Makeb heroics - they were all spawned by Lucifer :mad:

5.10 Empire side story deserves a mention for it's utter bollocks-ness

Hmmm interesting consideration. There are a lot of missions I dislike, but I'll focus on my least favorite Chapter for now.

In terms of mechanics, I'd say Fallen Empire Chapter 8. The beginning of the Chapter literally has you run back and forth the same general area THREE TIMES (not to mention the one time we already walked this area in an earlier chapter).

In terms of story, I'd have to hit Chapter 13. I do enjoy the fun interactions between Vette and Gault, however... this Chapter is the literal definition of filler.

"Oh, what's that? My two companions (one possibly being a love interest) are trapped on Zakuul? And the planet is under lockdown? And if either are captured, they might give up Odessen's location? And if we help them succeed in their mission, we could take out the Eternal Fleet...? Eh, you're right, we'll just let them deal with it. Let's go on an Alliance fundraiser."

Don't get me wrong. Funding the Alliance IS important. I realize that... but this Chapter has no business being part of the main Fallen Empire story. The plot should have just been used for an Alliance Alert for Gault. OR they could have taken elements from the story (Stealth ship, Dretcher's identity slicing, etc.) and turned it into a mission about infiltrating the lockdowned Zakuul. This whole chapter just sticks out like a sore thumb to me....

Edited by Kataret

All the chapters with mandatory walkers in them.

This, plus the one where Satele and Marr rambles wildly OOC nonsense and then helps making holy ant-Arcann magical pistol/rifle/etc. Since it's pretty lonely otherwise, you cannot help but listen and notice how stupid are things everyone say in that chapter.

Kaliyo's chapter used to be exercise in torturous dullness until I noticed you can just run out of instance or jump down the bridge instead of fighting all the trash, so now it's only the last instance is painful, and only on the way in. On the way out you can just leave Kaliyo fend out for herself, run out, jump down, rez and click on cutscene trigger.

There's two, not sure names right of hand but the one you are running around in Zazuul armour. and the first chapter of KotET. Not so much a chapter but kill options or worse mandatory kill a companion is never good. That though is a single event more than the overall story chapter. Other than that I don't care at all for Iokath map again not really the same thing I know . Still out of all that's there from chapter 1 of the original story up to Ossus, is not bad at all. Edited by TalleraLane

- Iokath dailies. Just did them today for conquest and they are so terribly dull! And you can't even get the weekly done in one day, you need to return to that hell at least twice.

- Walker segments. Annoying, long, with boring mechanics. Additional points if the walker segments are on Iokath :)

- Anarchy in Paradise. Stupid premise, endless skytroopers, takes far too long.

The worst for me was the first time I did the additional chapter to get Zoom, because we got... Zoom.

Could be the irritating voice, maybe the I'm-really-upbeat thing.

I don't know. Just something about that droid.

Edit: Course now that I say that, I hate the chapters involving walkers. I can get the through the fights, they're just cumbersome and drawn-out fights.

Edited by xordevoreaux

You can't fool me. This is a trick question because there is not just one worst chapter. They did good with the first eight chapters of KofFE, but all chapters after that were bad, and the ones that you had to use walkers, mouse droids, or whatever were just stupid, and not even remotely fun.

Any chapter that forces me to use a weapon when I am a Jedi.

So uncivilized.

EDIT: For example, in the Crisis on Umbara Flashpoint, I had to go grab a rocket launcher just to move a couple of boulders out of the way.

Yet way back on Taris, I was able to just throw wind at a massive locked and barricaded titanium+ door.

Was going to post a video of it here, but can't find the one I had in mind. Someone recorded that specific part of the JC story on Taris but added a "Holy %^$%^!" voice in the background. xD

Edited by ForfiniteStories