Remember.................

CrazyTough

.................the players who said pre season would only last a few weeks when I told them to read the dev post about LATE spring.

All you have to do is listen to the devs when it comes to ranked to know they will always try to punish the ranked community. It has been that way since season 1 came to an end.

The reason for a pre season in this game that lasts months when there is no gearing change, no level cap change or no major game mechanic change is............ready for it...........are you ready..................here it comes............................there is no reason other than they hate our guts.

These months and months of pre season right now is the dev team having a good laugh on you who play ranked. Funny how many people un subbed because of it. I wonder why that is so funny to them.

The preseason would probably be shorter if they didn’t need to spend so much time and resources to determine who was win trading or cheating to award the final positions.

Every season they have to manually review the logs and other presented evidence to assess who played legitimately and who didn’t. And sadly, they don’t always get it 100% correct, so each time they review a season, it takes longer because they are trying their best to catch all the cheats before awarding places.

So if you want to blame anyone, blame the cheats for preseason taking so long because if there wasn’t any cheating, the system could be easily automated and we’d all know in advance when seasons could start and finish. But while ever the game has this small group of cheats every season, BioWare will need to spend more time hunting them and that takes valuable resources and time to do.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The preseason would probably be shorter if they didn’t need to spend so much time and resources to determine who was win trading or cheating to award the final positions.

Every season they have to manually review the logs and other presented evidence to assess who played legitimately and who didn’t. And sadly, they don’t always get it 100% correct, so each time they review a season, it takes longer because they are trying their best to catch all the cheats before awarding places.

So if you want to blame anyone, blame the cheats for preseason taking so long because if there wasn’t any cheating, the system could be easily automated and we’d all know in advance when seasons could start and finish. But while ever the game has this small group of cheats every season, BioWare will need to spend more time hunting them and that takes valuable resources and time to do.

I think 2 weeks would safely cover that.

I think 2 weeks would safely cover that.

Not if it’s just one guy doing all the reviewing. And I’m not saying it is. Just that we don’t know how many people they have on it or what other stuff they have to work on as well as review season ratings.

Obviously neither you or I know what the situation is. The only thing that we do know about is if people didn’t cheat to start with, it would speed up the process. So any complaints about delays should mostly be directed to the cheaters.

So any complaints about delays should mostly be directed to the cheaters.

Don't forget throwers and ban evaders (i.e., nikana).

Reviewing and banning wrongdoers is clearly worth the wait, as long as they get it right. Last season we also had a long preseason, Bioware awarded top 3s to a bunch of wintraders, and then banned them a week later. The people in fourth place who deserved top 3s never got them. Let's hope that doesn't happen this time.

Aside from this review, the main reason we had such a long preseason is just because Bioware always launches and ends ranked seasons on a patch. There's nothing unusual about what's happening right now. If 6.3 was a smaller update or was launched weeks ago for whatever reason, that is likely when season 14 would have started.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Don't forget throwers and ban evaders (i.e., nikana).

Reviewing and banning wrongdoers is clearly worth the wait, as long as they get it right. Last season we also had a long preseason, Bioware awarded top 3s to a bunch of wintraders, and then banned them a week later. The people in fourth place who deserved top 3s never got them. Let's hope that doesn't happen this time.

Aside from this review, the main reason we had such a long preseason is just because Bioware always launches and ends ranked seasons on a patch. There's nothing unusual about what's happening right now. If 6.3 was a smaller update or was launched weeks ago for whatever reason, that is likely when season 14 would have started.

Exactly my point.

Ok S14 is starting next Tuesday. What was it 5/6 weeks. Not really a long wait.

BW could still call it S1, and make it unstoppable.

It is not like Ranked in Swtor is perfect and we have seen next to nothing improvements and balancing in making it a more fair competition since S1.

We have not even seen balancing issues solved since meta 6 started beside Maul stacking to Sins.

But in the meantime PTs are broken, and Operatives have been getting worse since S1.

And last but not least class stacking is still an issue since S1 which has not been solved.

.................the players who said pre season would only last a few weeks when I told them to read the dev post about LATE spring.

All you have to do is listen to the devs when it comes to ranked to know they will always try to punish the ranked community. It has been that way since season 1 came to an end.

The reason for a pre season in this game that lasts months when there is no gearing change, no level cap change or no major game mechanic change is............ready for it...........are you ready..................here it comes............................there is no reason other than they hate our guts.

These months and months of pre season right now is the dev team having a good laugh on you who play ranked. Funny how many people un subbed because of it. I wonder why that is so funny to them.

Well, the ranked community sort of deserves being punished for the amount of toxicity in it and it isn't what is really happening you are just tripping in rage, that being said, it is good to have long pre-seasons so new blood can join up and fatten it, I'm among those new blooded idiots, but I'm not really sure I like how RPvP is working so far. It is extortionately expensive getting into PvP with a single toon, if you wanna bring 2 or 3 to the fold you are in for a hell of a farming season before you can even start to understand the meta... I'm still running blue augments, and I know that makes a difference.

But back to topic: Pre-Season serves the purpose of people joining in learning it, since there's nothing to lose. Still Bioware's ridiculous decision of removing loss rewards doesn't help at all, neither with Toxicity nor with giving incentive for people to start doing it. 90% of the ppl I talk to in my sv simply abhore and avoid RPvP as if it was COVID - PS: As an outsider I'm just trying to light some shine over why this can be seen as a good thing, nothing else

Edited by xdjinn

just creating new accounts? I'm impressed that BW do anything to stop that.

Well yeah. Permanent bans would mean very little if you could freely circumvent them by creating a new account. Sometimes Bioware bans ban evaders quite quickly (Lyala), sometimes it takes them many months (Nikana), sometimes they never catch the person (Prum).

Bioware has never been very consistent when it comes to punishing wrongdoers in this game.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Well yeah. Permanent bans would mean very little if you could freely circumvent them by creating a new account. Sometimes Bioware bans ban evaders quite quickly (Lyala), sometimes it takes them many months (Nikana), sometimes they never catch the person (Prum).

Bioware has never been very consistent when it comes to punishing wrongdoers in this game.

my experience (observatory) is that permanent bans are for show. but anyway...I'm impressed that they would go after multiple accounts like that (unless it's just the bad actor doing the same thing that got the first account banned, which is just treating them independently. lul)

just creating new accounts? I'm impressed that BW do anything to stop that.

Its lame, but its the reality. Bioware tolerate ban evaders, for some weird reason. Ban evaders can harm during the time it takes to ban them, IF they ban them. Meanwhile, they create another account, email credits for when the ban comes, and then continue playing with the new account. Some ban evaders have been there for so long, and what Bioware actually dont see is that the amount of people that quit the game because of them is huge, compared to the small group of people that screw the game for the rest.

Its lame, but its the reality. Bioware tolerate ban evaders, for some weird reason. Ban evaders can harm during the time it takes to ban them, IF they ban them. Meanwhile, they create another account, email credits for when the ban comes, and then continue playing with the new account. Some ban evaders have been there for so long, and what Bioware actually dont see is that the amount of people that quit the game because of them is huge, compared to the small group of people that screw the game for the rest.

Queue banning means little or nothing. From my experience from people I know in the ranked community the only thing that a queue ban does is make it harder for us to detect them. Most of them already have an alt account or several alt accounts ready to activate or they make a new one, buy a datacron and are back in ranked in no more than 48 hours. Most from what I know have several alt accounts from years and years of playing this game.

Queue banning means little or nothing. From my experience from people I know in the ranked community the only thing that a queue ban does is make it harder for us to detect them. Most of them already have an alt account or several alt accounts ready to activate or they make a new one, buy a datacron and are back in ranked in no more than 48 hours. Most from what I know have several alt accounts from years and years of playing this game.

Thats exactly what I meant. And its lame

While some people get away with it, they do ban people for ban evading. Send reports to pvpreports@swtor.com.

We all know. The issue is the re roll not the ban. They get banned and just swap accounts. And like I said earlier when they swap accounts it is a lot harder to detect them. They are back in ranked no longer than 48 hours at worse and 5-15 minutes at best.

There is also an issue with ban and so on. If I was in a game and I suffered the actions of these people, why should I have ranked points deducted.

If a game was fouled it is fouled and the other 7 players should have ranking reset as to previous this game.

It is unjust that have the gain or suffer the consequences of these fools.

I think in S13 I had over thirty games where my healer performed beyond what I call a decent level to the opposite level and not even doing 5k hps. That is Meta.4 healing. Current minimum level 10k hps IMO.

Was it a combination that he was always coming up with another healer. I think not. Sure healer and tank botting or Que Sync is easier to catch. But why should I lose Ranked points if a game is rigged. And why should I gain them.

So the game where there is rigging exploiting should be count as nil not valid.

What I am saying is very important to take ranking seriously. A rigged game should go beyond banning the people who rigged it, but also be count as nil. As infect it was a game which gave a big advantage to one side and a disadvantage to the other.

Again this is another list that goes to the problems with Ranked since S1.

Edited by limenutpen