Finally...

HrRav

Tonight I finally managed to get the Crack Shot Master achievement (65% accuracy for 100 matches). Considering that I have played since early access - probably at least 10000 matches - I guess it says that aiming is not my greatest strength... Now, I just got the Savior medal achievement (still missing 37 medals) until I get that 100% starfighter achievement record.

Is there anybody else who have a few achievements that just does not suit your prefered playstyle?

It took me forever to get the Crack Shot achievement too. I ended up combining it and the fly x number of matches in a gunship achievement.

My stragglers were: flying gunships, flying bombers, 65% accuracy, savior, and turret destruction.

The turret destruction surprised me a bit when looking at finishing up the GSF achievements, but I think it's mostly that there are many games where it makes more sense to take a sat and defend rather than going off to find more turrets to kill. I didn't have that much left on it, but finishing it did require a bit of time going after a spare turret or two in cases where I didn't really need to kill extras to help win.

The way I got the Savior achievement is self abuse. I took a Warcarrier bomber to a sat, usually C in Lost Shipyards, and put out a repair drone. If no one was attacking it, I would bump into the sat hard enough to damage myself, repair drone went to work. Repeating that enough times would got the medal. I don't think I ever cost our side a win by doing that.

The turret destruction one is actually harder. You usually need to be on the losing side of a dom match. But the other side can't be so dominant that they immediately come out after a gunship sniping turrets.

Grats OP! And (early?)welcome to the club, I assume you 100% by now!

Fly X amount of matches on a bomber was my last one. I bet destroying turrets or "spend 10 years defending a satelite during 100000 different matches" was 2nd to last. There are many dififcult ones that come to you naturally just by playing some half decent matches normally. There are some "easy ones" that require completely unnatural playstyle to ding.

There's a combo of 2 GSF achis&their "date it got dinged"-records that I'm happy about. Devastator(most dmg in team in 250 matches) and Fleet Admiral(1k matches played) I remember being real happy when I managed to ding Devastator bit before Fleet Admiral.

Edited by Stradlin

• 11 months later...