A conundrum... Advice?

Vego_Mohenjo

So, I've been playing my Immortal Juggernaut, and after playing my Sage, I'm profoundly aware of how anemic his damage output is. I know, he's a tank, he's not supposed to do titanic damage, but the difference is SO striking, I wondered how I can get maximum dps from the Immortal spec.

Any thoughts?

Keep in mind, he needs to stay in the Immortal spec, but as far as gearing is concerned... and/or which skills to emphasize...? How do I get decent damage out of him?

So, I've been playing my Immortal Juggernaut, and after playing my Sage, I'm profoundly aware of how anemic his damage output is. I know, he's a tank, he's not supposed to do titanic damage, but the difference is SO striking, I wondered how I can get maximum dps from the Immortal spec.

Any thoughts?

Keep in mind, he needs to stay in the Immortal spec, but as far as gearing is concerned... and/or which skills to emphasize...? How do I get decent damage out of him?

Well, that depends. If you’re talking about PvP, you need to equip your Jugg with dps mods and enhancements in order to maximize damage. If you’re talking about PvE, it’s not something you need to worry about. The tank’s job is to hold aggro and survive, not to do damage.

Since I myself run a 'skank tank' Jedi Shadow*, I can say that I tend to focus on Mastery, Power and Accuracy for the most part.

I can't really say much for skills since the main reason for this, my lone tank character, is because I wanted someone I could use 'Force Pull' and 'Force Push' to throw enemies around the place with... It's more of a fun character than a serious one.

*(All while cursing the fact that the game spends its time trying to tell me that some piece of poodoo green 145 gear is better than the purple 298 gear that the character is wearing because 'it's got high defense'...)

Even a full skank tank will never match the dps of an actual dps, so keep that in mind. A tank will take longer to kill things then a dps does.

Tank specs have base 110% accuracy, so don't use any accuracy gear, since it will be wasted stats.

Gear a skank tank like you would a dps (minus the accuracy). Mastery/power will be fine as long as you use dps gear/mods and not tank gear/mods. You want to use alacricity and critical stats instead of shield/absorb.

• 3 weeks later...