Some update on what's next is needed

Tannenfels

I can tell you that the team is really excited about what is coming in 2020 and we are already planning around things for next year, our 10-year anniversary (and beyond)!

The team is always excited & I understand it's your job to be hyped about your creation. After everything from kotfe onwards, my expectations of being excited by any update are limited. I will be excited if I see:

1. acknowledgement of all the bugs we've reported, especially those related to strongholds
  2. fixes for all the bugs we've reported or an explanation for those that can't be fixed
  3. any update that includes interactions with our original class companions/class companion romances
  4. customisations for the two returning companions in Iokath
  5. a CM crafting token to instantly level a crafting or gathering skill to 600 as part of the Master's Datacron bundle or as an individual token for use with a lvl 70 character only. I'd throw money at this as I am always making boosted alts
  6. Zenith's plausible return (that doesn't involve being imprisoned/knocked unconscious/out of touch with reality/the galaxy for a year/years). Having to break him out of carbonite prison might work
  7. stop making me run story content with companions I'd rather force push off a cliff

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YO ! Steve / Trixx and Spikanor

I read the two threads / response above.

Just a couple of thoughts to add to that:

1. New Game ?? V2.0 Hmmm.... not altogether a bad idea really. I wouldn't rule it out actually. I would personally like to see a few things in there that might be different ?? Maybe??

2. Steve... the only thing I see that some might find fault with... STO.. Sorry bud ! But IMO.. the only thing that game is missing is the head stone ! (if you catch my drift)

There are a number of new ideas that this game could use. Some think that the game is too far into the story in order to make it happen... a new class being one ! I disagree with that statement. I do like the idea of a new class. Heck I've even taken a great deal of time exploring the possibilities in that area. IMO .. it is feasible. That said SWTOR 2 ?? That does have merit ! I would prefer to think that V2.0 is already being developed !! WHY ?? because I can't wait another 10 years for it to get here THAT'S why ! :D

There are always possibilities. That is for certain. Whether it is to expand this one (and I do mean EXPAND) … or to see V2.0 come to life: IMO... it's time to take the next step!

I genuinely hope that the next step(s) are good ones !!

I have to agree.

We need a lowdown on the bugs situation. Especially the air vent on huttball/arena, non working utilities, over tuned vehicle quests/missions and the heroics in Ossus that are bugged again (sith lords/jedi masters not spawning).

I know it's difficult Eric, but you guys really need to fix your layout. I don't know how it happens, i can only assume it's cause people are working on different builds of the game at the same time and it gets messed up, but you need to tackle that down. Nothing more demoralizing than bugs that were fixed coming back.

Maybe you are working on all this already and aiming for 6.1 and that is alright if you are given the mismatching build situation i just described. Better to have everyone on the same page and things planned so bugs that were fixed don't return. We just need to know that you actually are.

Edited by Nemmar

To Steve / Trixx and OlBuzzard

a SWTOR 2.0 is only wasting money.

the only reason a SWTOR 2.0 is coming if a new company is making it and fixing the problems from it but thats a lot off work.

what xordevoreaux told all EA has soon no contract with Disney more and since EA and star wars game's are have only become worse in the past few years and the same we see in this game that under EA this game only has become worse and worse by each update more.

the best way for this game is easy that a other company that has notting to do with EA is running this game fixing all the problems what EA not has done.

upgrade the game also with some better things and inprove the things there are now in the game to make it better.

most off the things way this game is looking bad is that bioware not have upgrade the game with fixing things.

a lot off the bugs are grafic bugs by not fixing then the game is looking bad.

after grafic bug's you have also a lot off system bugs that needs a fix.

and most off then are old the same age as the game is are some off the bugs and thats something wrong all.

I'll up the ante

Yeah, well, I'm older than all of you, but what I said before still stands. But to clarify, news is always good, but I'm in no panic to get it. And, while I will watch podcasts, etc, on Youtube while playing, I'm not interested in actually watching developer livestreams. A later re-cap is fine with me.

I find, of course that as an old "Founder" the devs can't possibly add enough content to give me that "new game" feeling. In that regard an "SWTOR2" sounds like a good idea. However, I played Guild Wars for about 7 years (or from shortly after release, to the start of GW2, however long that was), but I wasn't happy with GW2. So, the idea of SWTOR2 is nice, but includes some concern.

lol. There are actually far worse things to do in game, then that achievement.

Is there though (re: the Bormus)? :p

One other quick note about 6.1 is the usage of the .1 in the Game Update. In the past we have been pretty inconsistent in our Game Update numbering and so we wanted to clean that up. This started at 6.0 but going forward any 6.X update will only increment if there is some story contained in the update. If there is no story, then it will increment by 6.X.X.

I'm glad that you still set priorities at BW. Like optimising the numbering of your updates. This has been also on my "top 3 to fix" list since September 2014. I can finally cross it off. ;) That said, the new numbering does sound reasonable to me.

With that said, that doesn't mean Keith will stop swinging in to give you some longer term updates.

Frankly, in order to not stop one would have had to have :confused::eek::D started at some point. Everyone can check Mr. Kanneg's posting history on this board.

So short? :(

Did you expect more? Please be honest.

First, and foremost, thank you for (finally) posting. I have added sub time due to this post, speaking with my money.

Not meant judgemental, but what exactly in Eric's post was worthy of adding sub time? Just the fact that he posted something? He doesn't say anything at all about anything happening after February. Except that they have big plans already for 2021. :confused: Then again, maybe you sub just from month to month and now you're here until 28.2. That would make sense then. :)

Kendra's translation: we talk about what we want, usually about what's coming next month, no longer address the future beyond next month, and maybe Mr Kanneg will drop by to say hi everythings amazing later. If you disagree with us, the doors that way.

Either Kanneg or someone else has Musco on a leash or Musco is totally ignorant of the game's future.

Huh, now I am totally confused. If you actually see behind Eric's post, what made you add sub time? :confused:

Given the age of your player demographic, (Those of us old enough to have seen Star wars in the theatre in 1977 are now at least 50), I don't think relying on livestreams for primary communication is very realistic. I'm now 60 and you'd have to chain me in a chair to get me to watch a livestream, mostly because they are long, rambling, painfully disorganized exercises in blah blah blah. I want the information written in one central location, in a terse and tightly-organized format.

I still have a few years to 50, but I'm fully with you on this one!

Truthfully I can't see why a summary couldn't be written. Speaking from someone who appreciates both ways of communication.

The past 8+ years have shown that for BW it's not the easiest task.

To finish self-consciously: I totally get why Mr. Musco doesn't like posting here. He just gets shyte replies from people like me. In a way I'm sorry for it.

Yeah, well, I'm older than all of you, but what I said before still stands. But to clarify, news is always good, but I'm in no panic to get it. And, while I will watch podcasts, etc, on Youtube while playing, I'm not interested in actually watching developer livestreams. A later re-cap is fine with me.

I find, of course that as an old "Founder" the devs can't possibly add enough content to give me that "new game" feeling. In that regard an "SWTOR2" sounds like a good idea. However, I played Guild Wars for about 7 years (or from shortly after release, to the start of GW2, however long that was), but I wasn't happy with GW2. So, the idea of SWTOR2 is nice, but includes some concern.

Two thoughts on a "new game":

1. There would need to be a number of clear cut changes and improvements. I do believe that many players are happier with the new direction of the current story. Me … personally I thought that even the KotET / FE was an interesting part of the story. I just ran a a new JK " Sentinel " through the first part of the story. This time I listened more closely to Scourge outlining his past history and future plans with the emperor. While I have no proof... I'd almost believe that a part of KotFE / ET was in fact planned earlier than we might think. While many feel as though we're finally back on track … I have enjoyed all of it. Well ALMOST all of it ! :D

IMO.. there are some things that the "new old game" would need to see return. I don't think this is the thread to expand on that too much... so I wont. There are also some new things that are needed. A new Class is one of them. Again beyond that … detailed discussions are better held in another thread .. another time.

2. A new game. Unquestionably has both pro's and cons... Too little of the "old game" … and you loose many of the main stream "old" players (Companions / strong holds / Empire vs Republic and a well written story line to drive the over all theme) being just a few to mention. WOW this one could take a LOT of time to discuss. Maybe one day we should. (Just not right now).

UPDATES: the main subject. Regardless of the type (obviously many see that differently) .. the more information .. the more genuine … the better.

For whatever it's worth I do appreciate the information provided by Eric.

I still think you can catch more flies with honey, honey. But you're probably not going to get anything anyway, until the next big outrage! thread. :D

I mean I tried, right. I wrote a literal essay full of constructive criticism and my suggestions on how to fix them. Ignored.

Make obnoxious comment about "overcomplicated gearing schemes" (like i did in the lead up to 6.0), then I get a reply saying I just couldnt understand them. No, I read fine and I'm not an idiot. I've got a grand total of 3 replies from Musco. All 3 were me being a total jerk. Being nice doesn't seem to work.

Maybe a different tact is needed to draw info out of Meowsco.

if you can think of one, please tell us. I’ve tried ever one from being nice to polite to butt kissing to raging to blaming to attacking to apathy... I know there’s more, I just can’t think of what they are or even care too much at this point.

Nothing changes unless there is a revolt on the forums and it starts to spread to other social media. That’s the only time I’ve seen a fast reversal with communication from these guys.

Sadly, we dont have enough players or forums posters there days to even make it to a protest, let alone a revolt. The start of a thread on an important topic might be passionate from those of us still here, but it peters out pretty fast once we start repeating ourselves and it gets no traction. (It’s takes more than 5 or 20 people to have a revolt).

My apathy has set in again. I can only rage at these guys for so long these days cause they just ignore it or don’t care. I’m sure Musco and co have me on permanent ignore, I’m sure we (I) care about this game and it’s success more than they do. At least I’m usually passionate about fixing it to be better. They just make it worse and ignore the continued decline of the quality and player base.

What ever the reasons they have for this type of behaviour, it’s totally detrimental to the game. The fact they can’t see that after 8 years only points to inability to understand the players or how to run a successful customer driven business model.

I mean I tried, right. I wrote a literal essay full of constructive criticism and my suggestions on how to fix them. Ignored.

Make obnoxious comment about "overcomplicated gearing schemes" (like i did in the lead up to 6.0), then I get a reply saying I just couldnt understand them. No, I read fine and I'm not an idiot. I've got a grand total of 3 replies from Musco. All 3 were me being a total jerk. Being nice doesn't seem to work.

Neither does raging, logic or being polite. At the end of the day, they just don’t F’ing care anymore. They are running down the clock till they can move on to another project.

Musco doesn’t even reply to me anymore.

Probably because I hit to close to home when I criticism him for not doing his job. I shouldn’t need to get so frustrated and angry that I turn into such a super B***H (I actually hate that about myself) to get his attention to hopefully get things fixed.

I’m sure Eric is a nice guy out side of Bioware, but he really should consider a new position if he isn’t going to act as a “community manager” is expected too and actually manage and communicate with the community in a constructive way.

We may as well have a brick wall to yell at because communication doesn’t get through the Musco wall or if it does, it’s one sided.

Sorry Eric, but that’s a perception you’ve built around yourself with me and I’m confident I’m not alone in feeling like that.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

What's next? In case you missed our last livestream in December or didn't get a chance to check it out on PTS, Game Update 6.1 is the next thing on the horizon and it is slated for a February release. That update contains our next story beat (around the size of Hearts and Minds)

Really that BIG Really wow...it was just an extended cut scene with some convo choices......I am not impressed...time to cancel again.

ERIC, what about the bugs????????

Airvent Bug in Hutt Ball and Mandalorian Arena - airvent makes you teleport or instant kill you, it no long throws you into the air.

Oh my goodness yes. This is so *********** annoying in unranked Vandin Huttball. The devs really underestimated the power of bugs to ruin the gaming experience for some of us.

On a sidenote, whilst in Vandin getting force pushed over the edge, I saw Girrada the Hutt and Baron Death Mark overlooking my suckfest on their platform for the first time - I was amused :D

For those complaining about the bugs in pvp, is there not a person that handles the pvp portion of the game and shouldn't he or she be the one you talk to about any problems in pvp and shouldn't you post those bugs on the pvp forums so he or she know about them as well. Edited by casirabit

For those complaining about the bugs in pvp, is there not a person that handles the pvp portion of the game and shouldn't he or she be the one you talk to about any problems in pvp and shouldn't you post those bugs on the pvp forums so he or she know about them as well.

Sorry Casi, we’ve all tried that, including posting them in the bug section of the forums (which is where any bug should be reported first), sending PMs to Bioware and reporting them in the game. As you can see, Bioware are silent as per usual.

So at this point, people are getting desperate of some sort of response to any and all of the bugs. Wether they are pvp related, gear related, pve related, strong hold related or story related.

Biowares continued silence on the mater of essentially game breaking bugs has made people from all parts of the game angry. I personally feel at this point that when ever we talk about bugs in any thread, we should list them all and try and shame Bioware into doing something.

The one takeaway from Eric is that communication will be, sadly, lacking and infrequent at best. Regardless of where game issues came from or how they came to be, it is disheartening that BW has decided to communicate less and express a disinterest in quelling the uproar due to these issues or resolve these outstanding issues that many are having. One would think that they learned their lesson after the launch fiasco, but apparently old dogs, in fact, do not learn new tricks. By continuing this tactic BW only exacerbates the current level of loathing and does very little to bolster the case they have a handle on things. By all accounts the game seemed to be heading in the right direction and players were overall satisfied with the game. It's become abundantly clear that this is no longer a concern for BW. For Eric to speculate about a 10th anniversary was not only a slap in the face to players currently experiencing a multitude of issues, but foolhardy. In it's current state, getting to and through it's 9th anniversary will be tough, uphill battle.

Time will will tell. We'll see what happens, but what will the cost ultimately be? How many players become just fed up with BW , their inability to manage the game and just leave or just leave again?

Edited by Xhelis

On the subject of SWTOR 2.

I know I was hyped for Onslaught, but while I thought the expansion was fine, they lost me when they had no follow up plan.

Now with Eric chiming in, it looks like they are indeed sticking to the old BioWare model of "we don't care if you leave, just come back when there is content."

As was revealed last year, this was BioWare's planned business model from the beginning, even Pre-EA.

If we ever get to a point of an "SWTOR 2", my hope, even though its betting on bad getting something right, is that EA closes the doors on BioWare or otherwise does what they have to in order to procure the SWTOR license from BioWare, and then hands that license off to a studio that is ACTUALLY WILLING to make a real MMO instead of one EA strong-armed into it like they did BioWare. And whomever is new MUST understand that the bar has been raised for Voice Acting and story, and therefore must deliver on these fronts the way vanilla SWTOR did.

Given that ALL OF THAT is almost an impossibility, I would venture to say a SWTOR 2 or a worthy SWTOR successor/remix/rebrand/relaunch isn't going to happen.

Final Fantasy ruined everyone else thinking companies would do an upgrade to more MMOs and their engines. The reality is Squaresoft as a business identifies with Final Fantasy, and couldn't have a blemish on their name, and therefore organizationally, they would do what they had to in order to fix a flagship product. Contrast that with the mega producers who have multiple properties, and can just as easily toss one away rather than have their skin in the game for it.

I'm seeing a lot of frustration in regard to communication and responding to player feedback, but from my perspective, SWTOR management is above average when it comes to this subject. A lot of player suggestions have been implemented over the years, and from what I have seen in community livestreams, they provide plenty of good info. Best of all, they actually come across authentically.

Listening to WoW developer chats was like watching robots read from a carefully conjured script. Eric and Charles actually read the chat and respond directly to player inquiries. In my experience with other MMOs, that level of communication is practically unheard of. Activision-Blizzard's slogan might as well have been, "F the players, this is our game."

There are absolutely some obnoxious bugs that have yet to be squashed, and new features that need to be revisited. But ultimately, I think the issue comes down to the resources available to the developers(in which case our concerns need to be taken up with EA and/or Lucasfilm). I don't think there's a lack of communication so much as there is a lack of something relevant to communicate.