Galactic Seasons Feedback

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

With PTS now live, you can now help test our new Galactic Season! If you missed the announcement, a full breakdown of how the system works can be found here. As this is a robust system, we will be breaking down PTS testing and feedback gathering over the course of the next few weeks to test the functionality of the UI and rewards. Note that Cartel Coin purchases have been disabled to avoid anyone accidentally spending their live currency on a test server. Please don’t even attempt to spend your coins, as they will be lost if it succeeds!

This first PTS update will focus on the natural leveling experience:

Players will begin at Reward Level 0 and make progress through the system naturally by completing daily and weekly objectives. You will not be able to purchase any catch-up levels by spending credits during the first week, and will only be able to progress by doing Objectives.

The new Galactic Season vendor will be live on the Fleets, however until you earn any Galactic Season tokens, you won’t be able to purchase anything from him. His selection varies weekly though, so feel free to check him out each week!

To use the system:

Open the “Login Rewards” window (the checkbox in the upper-left of your screen), and you’ll see the new “Galactic Seasons” tab at the top! Your primary activities are the “Daily” and “Weekly” objectives in the upper-right of the window. Clicking these will pop you over to the Conquests window, where you’ll find “Priority (P0)” objectives that grant Galactic Seasons points. This is the primary way to gain progress in the season, and will point players to different locations daily/weekly.

Please answer the following questions:

• Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page?
  • Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?
  • In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?
  • How do you feel about the cadence and points offered in GS?
  • What other general feedback would you would like to tell us?

Future PTS builds will allow you to test out the ‘catch-up’ system so that you can purchase levels, and we’ll eventually turn on the credit boosters on PTS so that you can grab infinite credits to test out all 100 levels.

When we have a new PTS build with new changes, I will be posting another thread to gather all of your feedback. For this week, please answer the questions above and provide any other feedback, bugs, etc… here.

Thank you!

Edited by JackieKo

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

When we will be able to get last 2 titles and achievments from pts for : [The First Line of Defense] [The Cutting Edge] ?

Not so long ago devs said that we will be able on future pts builds for completing act 1 on a new character and lvl 10 for a new character.

Thank you.

• Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page?

I actually missed the tab when I clicked on my login rewards. If I didn't read your post here, it would have taken me a while to find them.

• Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?

Yes. But I have no idea what the "sun" and the empty circles mean. Some kind of hover needs to be added to explain them.

• In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?

Randomly mixing them in with the Conquest objectives is terrible. Since they are all zero conquest points, they shouldn't be listed there. Add a tab or at least add a filter with the following:

Conquest Objectives Only

Seasons Objectives Only

Conquest and Seasons Objectives

One of the Priority Objectives is:

PO: Seat of the Empire Neutralization

Complete the following to fulfill this Priority Objective and earn Galactic Season Points:

• Ziost: Defeat Enemies 2

Slight problem, there are only two Conquest Objectives for Ziost:

Ziost: Mission Complete

Ziost: Weekly Mission

Defeat Enemies seems to be missing.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

Slight problem, there are only two Conquest Objectives for Ziost:

Ziost: Mission Complete

Ziost: Weekly Mission

Defeat Enemies seems to be missing.

That's because it's next to impossible to defeat 25 enemies on Ziost. You get 5 probe droids, an elite droid in the instanced area and for the rest you just have to kill monoliths, and they are only a handful on the planet, and the devastators are pretty challenging too. I know you can complete it by not picking up the probe droid loot and spawning them infinitely this way, but that experience is very tiresome and I'm sure nobody would enjoy that for such a small reward. I believe it was intended.

Edited by SethDanny

how do you enable PTS on Steam?

there's no gear icon in Steam's launcher: https://i.imgur.com/E0iEBp7.png

How do I enable PTS using the steam launcher, please send help :jawa_angel:

edit: found it, gotta go to game page and install it as a separate game

oh you're right. I see it too: https://i.imgur.com/c2Ka6so.png

Edited by Falensawino

Excited to get into the PTS to check it out

Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page? Yes

Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen? No - or do you mean those buttons that direct you to the conquest screen?

In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives? No - having them mixed in with the regular conquest objectives is confusing as hell

How do you feel about the cadence and points offered in GS? It's very sparse. I'd expected an item at least every level but there's some big gaps between items in there. Also, currently all objectives reward 0 GS points so it's impossible to progress

What other general feedback would you would like to tell us? Having the Priority Objectives in with the Conquest Objectives is very confusing, and there's no easy sorting between them. Having them called "PO:<Objective>" is really obscure too, they really need to be elsewhere.

The circles used in the Galactic Seasons window for the daily and weekly priority objectives are very low res. The larger icons showing what players get in free or subscriber look low res, probably because they've been upscaled from lower res icons.

There is a UI bug where if you already have the conquest window open in the background, clicking on the daily and weekly priority objectives doesn't do anything, just flashes.

There is a UI bug when you go to the final page of the galactic seasons window. It goes 97, 98, 99, 100, 95, 96. Image here https://imgur.com/a/QNmIXP0

There are not enough Galactic Season tokens in the rewards to get all the Galactic Season 1 rewards.

More rewards are needed - what's the point in having 100 levels if 50 of them are blank? These can be decos, randomised packs, valor, social, crafting awards, just something needed to fill out the blank days.

Also currently (presume you already know), you can't progress through Galactic Seasons atm

Edited by EHKodiak

Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page?

It took me a minute, but yes I did find it. I think that since it is a page that people will likely be referencing more often, perhaps it could be the default tab that opens as opposed to the daily login rewards?

Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?

Yes, with quite a bit of work. I think that they should be separated from Conquest objectives. A big amount of hassle. Maybe just make a new mission log tab just for Galactic Seasons?

In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?

I like the variety in terms of what gives you points. Offers a bit more incentive for rampages than we've recently had in Conquest so that's good.

How do you feel about the cadence and points offered in GS?

I think that each objective should be perfectly clear how many points each objective is worth at a glance. I think that a good idea would probably be something like a booster depending on how many objectives you do in a row perhaps? Doing enough of the objectives within a certain amount of time maybe should give a slight increase modifier as to how many points are gained from objectives (say for an hour?)

I think it would keep people playing for longer periods of time as opposed to popping in every now and again.

What other general feedback would you would like to tell us?

Hopefully in the future, the objectives will list how many points each objective is worth? No way to determine the priority of activities I'd want to do without knowing what I'd be getting out of it. Also the levels in the Seasons window need to have some form of graphic to attract attention to your progress in the galactic season instead of just a number out of a total. Also, as mentioned before, some form of encouragement/incentive to do more objectives at a time to reward those who want to do big pushes?

Hi all!

I wanted to take a moment to go into further details for Galactic Seasons and provide you all some insight into how you can expect to interact and progress through this new reward track, and then answer some questions we have seen!

Earning Galactic Season Points: Priority Objectives and Login Rewards

In order to progress through Galactic Seasons you will need to earn a new type of experience called Galactic Season Points. Earning Galactic Season Points can be done through various means-the first being through completing specific Daily and Weekly Conquest Objectives we are calling Priority Objectives, and the second being from Login Rewards!

When you first log in, you will be given 4 Priority Objectives; 2 Daily Priority Objectives, and 2 Weekly Priority Objectives. Daily Priority Objectives refresh every day, providing you with up to 14 Daily Priority Objectives per week. Weekly Priority Objectives refresh themselves on the Weekly reset. This means you will only ever have 2 Weekly Priority Objectives per week. Priority Objectives comprise of existing and new Conquest Objectives, and can be identified by their new Galactic Seasons icon, their mention of Galactic Season Points (GSP), and should be filtered to the top of your Conquest Objective list. Completing a Priority Objective will grant the standard Conquest Points attached to the base objective.

Daily Priority Objectives are intended to be Objectives you can complete entirely on your own, and (generally speaking) should take no more than 20-30 minutes per Objective. Our goal is that these are Objectives you would most likely already be completing while working through your Conquest goals. Below are some examples of Daily Priority Objectives you may find (subject to change):

• Complete Corellia: Defeat Enemies 2
  • Complete CZ-198: Weekly Mission

Weekly Priority Objectives are intended to be Objectives you may require assistance in completing, and (generally speaking) should take no more than 50-70 minutes per Objective. Below are some examples of Weekly Priority Objectives you may find (subject to change):

• Complete Operation: Story
  • Complete Unranked: Victorious 2

In addition to Priority Objectives, players may also earn Galactic Season Points through the Login Rewards system by simply logging into the game any 4 days of the week! Utilizing the Subscriber Bonus Rewards day tracker (the check marks on the Login Rewards page), this point grant is available to all players, regardless of their Subscription status (though Subscribers will earn extra Galactic Season Points).

Talking Numbers!

Now that we know how to earn Galactic Season Points, let's talk about the current numbers associated with each avenue, how many points you need per Reward Level, and how long we plan for Season 1: The Stranger From Kubindi to last! As always, the following values are subject to change.

As mentioned in our announcement blog for Galactic Seasons, our current planned duration for Galactic Seasons: Season 1 is 5 months (or roughly 150 days). Each Reward Level will require 8 Galactic Season Points to obtain, for a total of 800 Galactic Season Points over the course of the Season. Below are the current incomes for Galactic Season Points and their avenues.

• Login Rewards (Granted on day 4)
    • Free and Preferred players: 8 Galactic Season Points per week
    • Subscribers: 12 Galactic Season Points per week

[*]Daily Priority Objectives

• Free and Preferred players: 2 Galactic Season Points each
    • Subscribers: 3 Galactic Season Points each

[*]Weekly Priority Objectives

• Free and Preferred players: 8 Galactic Season Points each
    • Subscribers: 12 Galactic Season Points each

Given these values, a subscribed player has the opportunity to earn up to 78 Galactic Season Points per week, while Free and Preferred players have the opportunity to earn up to 52 Galactic Season Points per week!

This means that a Subscribed player who actively participates to earn all possible points available to them per week will be able to reach Reward Level 100 with ample time to spare!

Frequently Asked Questions

Below are some questions we have seen come through with regards to Galactic Seasons:

Q: Will the rewards from Galactic Seasons only be available during their specific Season?

A: Rewards from the Reward Track are intended to only be available during their specific Season. Items found on the Galactic Seasons vendor will rotate in and out over time, including items relating to the rewards from the Reward Track (i.e. alternative colorings, or “skins”, of the Seasonal mounts).

Q: Does this mean Seasons won't be a one-time thing, but will be recurring?

A: Yes, our plan is that Galactic Seasons will be a recurring feature moving forward!

Q: Can we obtain previous or existing Operation or Warzone rewards from Galactic Seasons and/or the Galactic Seasons vendor?

A: No. Warzone and Operation rewards are tied to the effort put forth in those activities. You should not expect to see any rewards from previous or current Warzone or Operations explicitly in Galactic Seasons or the Galactic Seasons Vendor. Those rewards are, and will continue to be, specific to those activities.

Q: Will you be increasing the cap for Strongholds?

A: We are currently investigating this. Stay tuned!

We hope you enjoy Galactic Seasons on PTS, and look forward to discussing it with you!

I finished a PO objective (PO: Outer Rim Neutralization Tatooine) and, as far as I can tell, there has been no progress made in my season:

https://i.imgur.com/QG8BW6c.jpg

Shouldn't something have incremented here somewhere?

We have no idea how many points each objective is worth (are they all the same?) and how many we need for each level. This screen needs lot of information hovers.

EDIT:

Finished two more PO objectives on Oricon and still no progress in my season:

https://i.imgur.com/JCEKC3N.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PyKrfOf.jpg

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

Hi all!

I wanted to take a moment to go into further details for Galactic Seasons

Q: Will you be increasing the cap for Strongholds?

A: We are currently investigating this. Stay tuned!

Awesome, THANKS so much for the acknowledgement and it gives me at least some *hope* ( plus now i don't have to spam my other posts about it anymore :D )

p.s. I'm going to presume you meant cap for both personal AND guilds-assignment-to-travel , right?

Edited by Nee-Elder

Well, if the only way to get the weekly objectives done is to pvp or group, that's not going to happen for me. Hopefully just doing the daily objectives will be enough...

/agreed.

There is no way on earth I will ever do pvp. I will do some group but not operations, sorry not a fan of those anymore.

Yes, although I already knew where it was before logging in.

Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?

Yes.

In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?

Are the weekly ones live? I only saw two on my list. Defeat enemies 2 on Coruscant and I think win a PVP match. I guess they are fine? I didn't mind doing the defeat enemies one. I'm never going to bother with PVP, but it is fine to miss one occasionally I guess.

Side note, you should probably change it to "Galactic Seasons PO" to make clear they are part of the Galactic Seasons system as it isn't necessarily clear with just PO.

I'm really not sure how to answer this.

My biggest piece of feedback is that you need to better clarify the point total. I did not find it intuitive that the x/800 counter at the top of the screen was for the Season. I thought it was for the level. So when I saw 3/800 after completing a single task, I was fully ready to go just post about how ridiculously pointless the dailies were. Now that I've read David's post I have a better understanding of the system, but without reading that post it would just look ridiculous.

For other feedback, I am kind of iffy on the prices. If I wanted to grab the two mount variants and Altuur's customization that basically eats up all my tokens for the season. And I would be completely unable to get anything else. It makes a little more sense knowing that you intend to repeat seasons, but I still would like a little more budget, especially with the two station apartments both costing 7. It doesn't have to be a lot, but maybe increase the number of tokens over the hundred levels by 2 or reduce the cost of the big items (e.g., companions and the apartments) by 1.

Well, if the only way to get the weekly objectives done is to pvp or group, that's not going to happen for me. Hopefully just doing the daily objectives will be enough...

Did the math, assuming you are a subscriber and login 4 days of the week for the 12 point bonus, you need about 26 points on average to get to level 100 in 21 weeks (150/7 rounded down). If you were to do that with just daily objectives, you would need to do 9 daily objectives (out of 14) each week. If you are not a subscriber, the math does not work out without doing at least some weeklies.

Edit: Actually thinking about it, I should probably round up on the weeks instead of down. So that would be 22 weeks. So that would be 36.36 points per week. Rounding down 36-12, means 24 for subscribers (so 8 daily objectives with an occasional 9th one to address the rounding). 36-8, means 28 for non-subscribers. So doing all 14 every week would put them REALLY close, but probably not put them over the finish line. I think they would end at 792.

Edited by Ranadiel_Marius

If you mean the tab "galactic seasons" to the right of the "login rewards" tab under login rewards... eventually.

If you mean the double-row set of buttons labeled "Daily Priority Objectives" and "Weekly Priority Obectives" which takes you to the conquest window, yes

1. If Galactic Season objectives do not contribute to conquest, don't list them among conquest objectives

2. Rishi and Oricon are not lowby planets. Is Galactic Seasons limited to upper-level characters?

3. You'll be stacking players on top of players who are in the objective area for other quests, as in the case of Rishi, who are attempting to complete Shadow Of Revan objectives who must compete with people running around killing mobs for GS objectives. Won't make for a happy family. Bad enough having to stand in line to kill quest objectives for one goal without having the line made even longer by people pursuing another. I can predict human nature on this. Lots of people clogging the same acreage other people need to complete other goals.

4. Because the content is recycled from past goals, there's no new excitement for grinding GS other than keeping one's mind on the rewards themselves. We've seen this slog before. For example, for Rishi, I'm just running around the slave camp killing clusters of mobs. How many times have I done that? Too many. No new experience there. The regrettable aspect for GS completion, therefore, is contending with boredom slogging through old content with the only motivation to continue being the objective rewards, and the whole time, I'm interfering with kill counts for other people attempting to complete story goals, like SoR.

4a. One thing that may help with item #4 are incidental drops that are bind on pickup or bind on legacy while working on GS objectives. In other words, farming GS-specific trash off these mobs we've seen before, which we can either keep or vendor. Not the greatest enticement in the world, but something.

4b. Another item might be if those same incidental drops from #4a included high-level mats here and there.

4c. The problem with 4a and 4b is that they incentivize people to hang around even longer in that crowded acreage, so maybe not the best incentives.

5. Related to boredom, I think the novelty of GS will wear off fairly fast. As with any feature, you'll have a few completionists who'll dutifully follow through all aspects of completing the GS calendar just to say they did it, but I have a feeling lots of people will fall behind on the calendar just because we're seen this movie before (recycled content) and there's better ways to spend our time. I like the premise of GS, but I'm ADD and sitting here letting Theron Shan kill trash on the Slaver Camp on Rishi while I type this. Obviously, I'm not enraptured of the process or my eyes would be glued to my other monitor.

I'm trying to find a more positive aspect, and the only thing I can think of is faster gratification. Having to slog through the Oricon weekly could be offset by earning points in other ways, like the Rishi kill fest, but I'm not getting the immediate gratification of seeing x out of y. I see 3/800, but how does that apply to the given week? I'm not seeing anything showing advancement for the first level except the icons filling in. Maybe that's enough for some people.

With 4 & 5, I think part of what will improve GS is focusing not only on the rewards, but the player immersion in the process. Right now, the process is old news, especially with people done with their class and planetary quests.

With heroics, for example, I work a few minutes, and the gratification feedback loop kicks in: heroic bonus objective met, money earned, trash dropped, crate dropped. Done.

So, maybe rather than having us obsess with mere kill counts, such as wiping out trash on Rishi, put GS on a tighter gratification feedback loop, like heroics, flashpoints, etc. We'll be doing them anyway. The less GS feels like a slog, the better, so ask this: What is the player doing, that the player is already highly motivated to do, that GS can be overlayed? Running off to a planet which really has nothing to do any more with what we're doing in a given character's career just to meet a kill count is boring. Looking at these objectives, I know I won't be bothering with the Oricon weekly unless pulled into a group for it by my guildies.

You've got to avoid boring situations in order for us to keep up with the GS calendar, especially since even people like me, who acquire thousands of cartel coins a month from referrals, might not necessarily feel burning the coin is worth the rewards, especially with the progressively more expensive cartel coin costs placed on the calendar. I'd rather see each point either cost the same number of cartel coins, or a far, far more gradually increasing slope. Right now the coin-to-value ratio is very poor.

Too slow for the effort, especially since I'm skipping Oricon, so here I am done with Rishi and zero to show for the time spent.

1. Would like the ability to review the artwork / items listed in the seasons calendar

2. Not sure how I like having to track the galactic season objective progress by tracking its subquest, i.e., having to track the kill count for Rishi to track the progress on Outer Rim Neutralization. Should be encapsulated.

----

Edit: So I started the Oricon daily objectives, which I'm not going to complete right now because my heart's not in it, and realized this GS objective location on a live server would be absolutely crawling with people to complete GS, and no matter how many maps open up to flip to, we'll be fighting over the same mobs. Again, at least until the novelty of GS dies down. I do maintain that stacking people on top of each to kill the same mobs for multiple objectives, especially when some of those objectives advance story-driven goals, is a bad idea. This won't be fun when we're crawling all over each other.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Just some quick initial feedback comments (given in the style of the popular TV show Dragons Den)

1) My understanding for some time was that the game designers were keen to reduce the amount of tokens/currency in the game and yet again here is yet another one to add to the ever increasing list.

2) Given the lengthy explainations given in the dev forum I think its safe to say that the rewards system is anything but simple or self explanitory.

3) The new system does nothing to enhance my enjoyment of logging in and doing something new and/or exciting in the actual game.

(...and here is the Dragon's Den tie in.)

And for that reason, I'm out! :confused:

Edit: So I started the Oricon daily objectives, which I'm not going to complete right now because my heart's not in it, and realized this GS objective location on a live server would be absolutely crawling with people to complete GS, and no matter how many maps open up to flip to, we'll be fighting over the same mobs. Again, at least until the novelty of GS dies down. I do maintain that stacking people on top of each to kill the same mobs for multiple objectives, especially when some of those objectives advance story-driven goals, is a bad idea. This won't be fun when we're crawling all over each other.

GS objectives are randomized so while there may be some increased interest in an area, it won't be everyone trying to complete their daily GS goals. Two goals I had today were kill enemies on Coruscant and win at PVP.

THANK YOU for the updated clarification post DavidStaats, it helped answer a lot of our questions.

The current Galactic Seasons panel is very poorly designed.

- It's very confusing to be swapping between the conquest PO's and the Galactic Seasons Track.

- It's difficult to track your progress on an objective since the PO's have a progress bar but it's only complete / not complete. There's only going to be 4 PO's, I'd rather them show up on the Galactic Seasons page or.. something. And it feels very difficult to find that actual objective - Ex my PO Was Coreward: Neutralization. First, IDK what that objective is just by looking at the name. Second, a quick glance at the info panel once clicked I read it as "must kill 2 alderaan enemies". Third, once I figured out it was the second tier of an existing conquest objective (which I've never even done before) as a new player I wouldn't even know WHERE the objective was because it's hidden by default. Fourth I had to scroll through a huge list of objectives to find the normal Alderaan Defeat Enemies one. So we finally knew we had to kill enemies on alderaan, I close the window.... and I forgot to track the objective so IDK how many more I need to kill. So I click the conquest objective and try to click it to track it... but it just says 0/1 lol. Then I have to dig through the long list again, at least this time I sorted by alphabetical. Then I tracked it.

- The Galactic Seasons panel says 0/800 to start. It gives NO indication of how many points it will take to earn level 1 or 2 or 3. The objectives don't tell you how many season points they give. Then you finall get a PO and you've got 3/800 and it looks like you need 797 more to get to level 1!

- Clicking a panel with the item should preview the item, NOT open up the cartel coins thing.

- It's unclear for unlocking with cartel coins if it's 75 the first level, 150 the next one, and the next 225, for a total of 450 cartel coins, OR if you would just click the 225, pay that, and each tier before it is paid for.

- A lot of players asking "WRHERHWRHEREEEEE IS MY FREE CC???" haha.

- A lot of players commenting some of the track seems empty. Other games that have battlepasses have empty slots, but many SWTOR player have NOT played Call of Duty or whatever else. All they see is "I have to do a bunch of quests to get to the next level and I get... nothing?" If you plan on leaving it empty of rewards you need to make that "empty space" prettier... or something.

- BUG: When you get to 100 it will show two other levels to fill in the last two days slots after 100. Usuaully from the last page you look at. (so if I got to page 16 then 17, the levels will read 97, 98, 99, 100, 95, 96)

- The way daily/weekly objectives work is unclear when it comes to answering these questions: How many can I do a day? How many should I do a day? I see the little sun symbol but took us until the second dev post to answer that question.

Galactic Season Activities feedback

- My gosh those "kill 75 enemies" objectives are... really boring. I LOVE conquest and thought this was going to be an extension of it. I'm happy to kill 75 enemies everyone once in a while maybe once a week or two weeks... but for 10 weeks straight so I can get all my tokens? no way. no fun. Honestly if this is the final solo objectives I'll probably not wind up playing seasons at all haha.

- We were so disappointed to find out we couldn't group up, or that grouping up was a waste of time for these "kill" objectives. Since we all had different planets POs.

- Question: Free to play, will any of their weekly objectives be things they cant do like operations?

"Given these values, a subscribed player has the opportunity to earn up to 78 Galactic Season Points per week"

So... if you wanted every reward, you'd need 800 total points.

You can get 78 per week.

So you could earn your 800 in a little less than 10 weeks if you played and completed every day and didn't skip or buy backwards.

And you would have a total of 20 weeks during the season?

So if you spread out your tasks you'd have to do... roughly half of them during the season?

and if I hate the dailies, and only did the weeklies, I'd get only 240 points if I did weeklies every week?

and there's two weeklies per week, so another 240.

and if I logged in at least four days, I could get another 240 every week, for a total of 720/800?

so I would still need to do 26 dailies over the course of 5 months at 3 points per daily, or about two weeks worth of days, if I did two a day?

To me the math adds up as... not being too much, in numbers, but imagining playing in the future feel very restricting of having to decide to do what I want or do seasons boring daily objectives plus worrying about my weeklies... and if I miss a weekly it means doing a ton more dailies. I guess I am missing the buy-back mechanic though which might help.

And I will only get 12 tokens per season, right? So only able to buy one of the strongholds not both. If I buy one I'll have just enough for a new mount too.

---

I did a quick summary of what **I** saw on the PTS here with screenshots:

Edited by LadyAdmiral

GS objectives are randomized so while there may be some increased interest in an area, it won't be everyone trying to complete their daily GS goals. Two goals I had today were kill enemies on Coruscant and win at PVP.

Found that out a few minutes ago when my guildies announced they had other POs.

I finished a PO objective (PO: Outer Rim Neutralization Tatooine) and, as far as I can tell, there has been no progress made in my season:

https://i.imgur.com/QG8BW6c.jpg

Shouldn't something have incremented here somewhere?

We have no idea how many points each objective is worth (are they all the same?) and how many we need for each level. This screen needs lot of information hovers.

EDIT:

Finished two more PO objectives on Oricon and still no progress in my season:

https://i.imgur.com/JCEKC3N.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PyKrfOf.jpg

I've finished the Onderon weekly and also had nothing new.

Yes, with a little researching. Might want to do it a bit better for those that will not be able to find it within a couple of seconds..

After a bit but as others have stated, why do the GS if the points are not going to be awarded. I did the weekly on Makeb and therefore had two objectives done (the weekly mission and the Makeb part 2 kills) but no points reward. This is not a good idea on the PTS not giving points as why test it when it doesn't reward points.

Though nice to see it is not only pvp or operation related as what I read earlier.

Okay but I dislike them being in the conquest section due to the fact you have to go all the way to the bottom to find additional objectives.

No points awarded so that is not good right now. That needs to be fixed so we can test it out.

Fix the points on the PTS and move the objectives to another tab even if you need to make a new one. Listing them on the bottom of the conquest could be troublesome for some if all they say are the first two at the top. It might be a good idea but you need to be sure there is some sort of reward for every level, as others have said.

Edited by casirabit

Barely. If I haven't had read that the page would be appearing in a second tab somewhere I wouldn't have found it as it is easily overlooked on the log-in reward screen.

No. it kept directing me to some random Conquest objective.

David's post seemed to indicate that there would be only four objectives available. Instead, there was a laundry list of objectives and there didn't seem to be any distinction between them being weekly or daily.

I can only go by David's post since no points were rewarded on PTS. Only the checkboxes incremented on the Galactic Seasons page. The two objectives I did complete were done in about the time he had stated. For subscribers, the pace seems fair as one could bypass the weeklies and still get the maximum points in plenty of time. For non-subscribers, it would probably be grindy and stressful and given the amount of restrictions already in place I would recommend that non-subscribers be granted the same amount of points as subscribers.

I realize this is a work in process but this implementation seems closer to 'needs tweaking' as opposed to 'complete overhaul' so well done! Look forward to future updates and the system itself.

Hello, David! I had a question regarding the items on the Galactic Seasons Vendor. Right now, the Tantaun Ram, and the Makrin Creeper Seedling are currently available. Are there any plans to add some of the Cartel Coin Card pets to the vendor, such as the Juvenile Rancor pets, and the TR-U4 mini astromech, or the mini-pets that were originally part of a cross-promotion from other EA games (The N4-SW Runner, and the LU-20 Builder for example)?

I know many of them are not available anymore, or in a few cases, never actually available, so I wanted to ask if we might have the ability to get them some day.

Only because I knew beforehand it was an expansion of the daily login rewards panel.

The tracker for them in the upper right corner? Yes. The actual objectives, on the other hand.. (see below)

There is currently nothing differentiating the daily objectives from the weekly objectives in the conquest list. I would prefer these objectives have their own tab in the mission log window than just adding more to an already long conquest objective list.

I like the variety of the current offerings, but it sounds like you intend to only let us choose from a select few per day when this goes live? I can't really see a positive to that.

I don't like being capped to only one solo activity for 3 points per day. The way Daily Priority Objective and Weekly Priority Objective are worded made me think out of an entire list of seasonal objectives, those would be giving more points than usual, and that you could just complete other objectives for points at the normal rate. I had completed 6 objectives before I realized that you're only going to get points for one objective per day. That... sucks. (Edit: If this is not the case, then it's not clear at all.)

Second Edit: Okay, I think I understand what's going on. Only 2 of the objectives listed in the conquest tab, the ones at the top of the list, are going to count for points. The rest of the priority objectives are just listed, but inactive?

Please uncap progress. Let the daily and weekly priorities give some bonus points, but let people work through objectives at their own pace. The way it feels currently would be similar to capping conquest progress at 10k per day. Think that would go over well?

"Insectoids" on Voss was not intuitive at all. Geonosians, Killiks, and Colicoids are pretty well known to most players. I honestly forgot Shaclaws exist, let alone which part of the planet to find them. You know which planet has tons of insectoids? Ossus. Why is that not an objective planet?

The PO: The Mutated Queen objective has 0/1 Defeat the Colossal Monolith as the actual objective goal. Also, most of the POs are for conquest objectives instead of kill counters, so tracking them is pretty much useless. It would help to have the tracked PO show the corresponding conquest objective's kill counter in the tracker.

Edited by sugarnails