Augment schematics?

Saxxonknight

That is correct, and the schematics drop at the level you are running the mission at i.e. a grade 6 augment parts mission would give schematics for high level augments, a grade 1 for level 9s and so on.

If you're not a slicer, watch the market for them.

Thanks for the information, I looked all over the place and couldn't find anything about it.

Can't say the answer makes me very happy - I took the other skills based on support needs and slicing wasn't needed for Synthweaving, Artificing. In fact, for those characters with those skilsl I now need FOUR Crewskills - Craft, Archeaology, Underworld Trading/Treasure Hunting and now Slicing. Lovely.

So I do find it more aggravation than appealing that I have the wrong skills on several chars based on this change. Not to mention the haphazard nature of getting ANY schematics.

-1 Bioware

Edited by Saxxonknight
Additional aspect of subject

• 3 weeks later...
I'm finding the schematics very hard to get. I don't get these changes that made RE'ing schematics easier and getting augments much harder. How did this improve the game? From my perspective it certainly did NOT.

Has anyone been able to get the 20 or 21 augment schems? I've been running the parts missions for a couple weeks now, and I've gotten multiples of all the 22 schematics for syth, arms, and armormech from grade 6 missions, yet absolutely nothing for any of the professions from the grade 5 missions.

Have I just had a two week long string of bad luck or do they not exist?

Has anyone been able to get the 20 or 21 augment schems? I've been running the parts missions for a couple weeks now, and I've gotten multiples of all the 22 schematics for syth, arms, and armormech from grade 6 missions, yet absolutely nothing for any of the professions from the grade 5 missions.

Have I just had a two week long string of bad luck or do they not exist?

I've gotten augments all over the spectrum the past few weeks from running different class slicing missions. Everything from single digits on class 1 missions to 19, 20, 21 and 22s

I've gotten augments all over the spectrum the past few weeks from running different class slicing missions. Everything from single digits on class 1 missions to 19, 20, 21 and 22s

Ok, apparently it's just my sh*tty luck acting up again. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the information, I looked all over the place and couldn't find anything about it.

Can't say the answer makes me very happy - I took the other skills based on support needs and slicing wasn't needed for Synthweaving, Artificing. In fact, for those characters with those skilsl I now need FOUR Crewskills - Craft, Archeaology, Underworld Trading/Treasure Hunting and now Slicing. Lovely.

So I do find it more aggravation than appealing that I have the wrong skills on several chars based on this change. Not to mention the haphazard nature of getting ANY schematics.

-1 Bioware

Level an alt with Slicing. Not only because of the augments. The lockboxes are really nice. You don't make much money, but you don't lose, that's for sure. And when you crit the mission, you get a purple discovery mission . Those are awesome. Either for your crafters, or to sell the ones you don't use. And 2 cheap cargo bay. All win.

I leveled a toon to 25, you still level fast at that point. I used a warrior, since you get the 2nd compy quite early. And now the droid gets affection too. So you could deploy 3 lackeys at 10k affection :)

Edited by wainot-keel
add

Level an alt with Slicing. Not only because of the augments. The lockboxes are really nice. You don't make much money, but you don't lose, that's for sure. And when you crit the mission, you get a purple discovery mission . Those are awesome. Either for your crafters, or to sell the ones you don't use. And 2 cheap cargo bay. All win.

I leveled a toon to 25, you still level fast at that point. I used a warrior, since you get the 2nd compy quite early. And now the droid gets affection too. So you could deploy 3 lackeys at 10k affection :)

^This^

Even if you dont have the desire to play all the way through another character. Having another toon just to gather mats for your crafting makes crafting much easier. I have toons that have nothing but gathering skills just for that purpose. I have 7 total now, so that I have 3 toons that can gather each of the 4 gathering skills. It makes getting those rare mats easier, such as those rare grade 5 missions. Of course then you have to do a lot of logging in and out to keep those companions working at max efficiency.

The lockboxes are really nice. You don't make much money, but you don't lose, that's for sure.

This is partially false currently due to a bug that has not been fixed yet. Some/many/all "Rich" lockbox missions have been mis-classed such that you could drop 2k+ on a class 5 Rich lockbox mission and open the results to find <1k.

The devs have acknowledged it as a bug but, there's no eta on the fix and nothing in the recent patch notes that I've seen.

This is partially false currently due to a bug that has not been fixed yet. Some/many/all "Rich" lockbox missions have been mis-classed such that you could drop 2k+ on a class 5 Rich lockbox mission and open the results to find <1k.

The devs have acknowledged it as a bug but, there's no eta on the fix and nothing in the recent patch notes that I've seen.

All I know is that I choose first all the rich ones and then the abundant ones. At the end of the day, I have more money than when I started, plus missions discoveries

Edited by wainot-keel