Augment questions

TeH-DeVa

So two real quick questions.

1. I am trying to obtain purple top level augments in preparation for 1.2 I was told by multiple people that if I did the yellow level 50 missions or whichever ones cost the most that I would get a chance of getting them. I have done about 150 since I was told this between multiple characters all day everyday and gotten none at all.

So is this true and I'm just having bad luck? Or is the only way to get top level purple augments by using a 340 slicing mission item?

---

2. Are there augments of all stat types? Including crit, surge, etc? If so is there anyway to control which you obtain? Or is it random?

Thank you for the info!

1. That seems to be true from reports I've read on these forums (but I've never gotten any in 100+ missions), however the chance to obtain a purple with a normal mission is EXTREMELY low. The usual result for a normal mission is a green augment, the usual result for a crit is a blue augment. So the only reliable way to get top level purples is the 340 slicing mission.

2. Yes there exist augments for every stat, the one you get however is always random.

1. That seems to be true from reports I've read on these forums (but I've never gotten any in 100+ missions), however the chance to obtain a purple with a normal mission is EXTREMELY low. The usual result for a normal mission is a green augment, the usual result for a crit is a blue augment. So the only reliable way to get top level purples is the 340 slicing mission.

2. Yes there exist augments for every stat, the one you get however is always random.

Thank you for the information I'll just continue to send out on both lockboxes and augment missions then so that I get the chances for the 340 and then maybe the extremely low chance for the purple =)

The way to get purple augments is from lvl 340 slicing missions. Give that mission to your best (based on lvl of affection) companion (if you are a BH, use Mako since she crits on Slicing) and she will bring back a purple mod. Mysterious Funds (yellow aug mission) seems to yield the highest percentage of purple lvl 340 missions for me. However, if you don't want to pay the $$ to run regular slicing missions all day long in the hopes of getting a purple lvl 340 mission, then buy a Slicing mission from the GTN (they are expensive).

In the past 3 days I've gotten 6 lvl 340 Underworld Trading missions, 2 Treasure Hunting, 6 Diplomacy, 1 Bioanalysis, 2 Scavenging, 1 Archaeology, 4 Investigation, and 1 Slicing Mission. I've probably cycled my 5 people 15-20 times and gotten mostly green/blue augments and lockboxes. If you aren't looking to spend a bunch of time and $$ trying to get a slicing mission, then you should probably buy one and run it.

You USED to could get the purples from the regular missions.

this is no longer the case.

The only way (currently) to get those +28 purple augments is via the 340 slicing missions.

Once 1.2 hits, you will be able to craft them.

The only way (currently) to get those +28 purple augments is via the 340 slicing missions.

Hmm interesting.

And yes I know in 1.2 you'll be able to my hope was to finish all my augments before then however.

All top tier pruple augements in 1.2 are +18 stat/ +12 Endurance.

Fixed that for you. Since some people aren't clear on the fact that current top tier purple augments (+28) will be converted to the same +18/+12.

Edited by Seront

I agree with you, however there have been reports on people getting purples from normal missions, albeit very rarely.