augment questions

Anrew

First off I'm still curoius on how agument slots work? Can any crew skill make them like artiface? I mean I know they can make offhands and the orange lightsabers, but can they be augmented? Or what crewskills can augment what items?

My other question is kinda outside of crewskills, but how do people go about getting piecies of columni or rakata to have an augment slot? No idea if its true that they can get them, but I know absolutely nothing about augments tbh..

Right now a critical craft on an equipable non-orange item results in an augment slot. Augments are going to be changed with 1.2. Currently the augments themselves cannot be crafted and are only obtainable through missions but as of 1.2 they will be craftable. Also in 1.2, a critical on Orange crafted items will result in a slot. Edited by Owsley

So can these be a crit of a green item as well or would it have to be re'd to purple atm?

Yes, a green crafted item can crit and get an augment slot, that being said they are not highly sought.

Edited by psandak

Orange Weapons from Artifice and Armstech can get an augment slot currently as well.

Orange Armor will be able to gain an augment slot in 1.2, and certain crafting professions will be able to make augments, instead of having them be found in Slicing missions.

As to Rakata with an augment slot, Armormech and Synthweaving can learn the recipe for Rakata Belts and Bracers, and can craft them to have an augment slot. Cybertechs and Biochemists can make augmented Ears and Implants.

Edited by DarthDemens