Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

2) Seriously? I think a staggered EARLY ACCESS launch is a great idea. Just think back to the beta - everyone doing the same quests, everything dead and waiting for a while to respawn so you can do it then trying to turn quests in when so many people around the quest giver etc.

You obviously did not play the beta in any form--

The areas are broken up into instances and most story-related quests have their own unique story-instance made for you and your party.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No, what they should have done is sent out an email a week ago that outlined the schedule for each wave. That would have alleviated a lot of people's issues.

And what YOU should have done is read the OP where Stephen explained very clearly that there is no set schedule, they are adjusting each wave as they gather useful metrics and adjust accordingly.

Just to give you guys some info. I just got my mail to get invited and i pre-ordered 23 july. 16:26 (gmt+1) i received my e-mail. Incase you want more information the subject of the mail was: Early Game Access* has begun. It's time to play.

I guess i'll see you guys ingame! and keep the hopes up guys and gals <3

No, what they should have done is sent out an email a week ago that outlined the schedule for each wave. That would have alleviated a lot of people's issues.

I agree, the frustration from most seems to derive from the lack of information regarding early access, not the early access itself.

I'm just a little sad because I pre-ordered back at the dawn of time but never realized I had to "redeem" my code through the SWTOR website so I didn't actually register my pre-order until November 30th... I'll see you all on the 20th :(

I'm in the exact same boat as you are, I ordered the second that pre-orders were available,but i didn't realize that I needed to enter a code.

Did that on Nov 29th. :(:(:(

But I was fortunate to be a beta tester since October 2010 :D

I love it! Bioware has actually done us all a favor by releasing in waves. Yes, they load tested the servers in beta, but did any of you sit down and think about having 1 million pre-order players all starting at the same time on every server? Can you imagine the wait time for sig mobs and interactions? The ganking of shinies, and general crowdedness of the prologue areas? I for one am glad that they have decided to do it this way. If you have waited for three or so years for the game, wouldn't you want to enjoy the game when you play instead of being frustrated with every other player competing for the same open world areas stuff? Just sayin.....But please keep up the whining, it is amusing. :):):):p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samheinwow

Everyone is getting frustrated in here, raging over early access. Guaranteed as soon as they get their e-mails they will vanish and forget they ever even posted in this topic.

Word! +1 on that. We'll get in people. We'll get in.

I was going to say... everyone posting today is so emo. But like suckling babies on a *** they will all be cooing in a week. I am not in any way saying that this is not stupid as hell. Just saying it's way overblown.

oh my GOD I demand satisfaction!!

Sigh.

I guess its good, the girlfriend needs one last day of attention before shes on her own for a while. ;)

You mean she isn't playing with you??? Mine is..... and even if she wasn't, TOTALLY understands and is happy. She didn't pre-order until a few months ago, I pre-ordered on July 24... she totally expects to lose me until Christmas

The product registration will come with your physical or digital copy of the game. Its not necessary for the early access redemption. If you go My Account >> Preorder and it says something like:

"You redeemed your Pre-Order Code and now are registered for the following items:

Early Game Access

Color Stone (Virtual Item)

Download Game Client

You can now download the game client and patch the game. Watch for an email invitation from The Old Republic team to begin your Early Access."

You'll eventually recieve and e-mail saying that you have early access. Subscriptions won't be set up until actual game release, as we don't need them during the free early access.

Thanks.

Kinda bullocks remind me never to preorder again lol guildie of mine preordered sept i wont say anymore because he's in game already.either way im so happy its release time! i now can enjoy the game without worryin about the weekend beta limit Huzzah. Edited by Rammur

For all the July preorders, has anyone just tried logging in prior to receiving an e-mail?

Perhaps they're letting people in but there is a delay in sending out the e-mails.

They have stated that you will be able to log in before you actually get the e-mail, yes.

By the time this gets posted to the forums there will be over a 100 pages of nerd rage!!

Wow! ROFLMAO!!!

A little ditty for all you nerd ragers out there...

me...me.. meeeee

Nerd Ragging across the universe..

Boldly going forward

Cause we can't find reverse.

Nerd Ragging across the universe

Boldly going forward

Cause we can't find reverse!

They (Bioware) said you would get early access to the servers.. Bioware Never said it would be on the first day....

I'm just happy to have the game weather I get to play early or not..

So all the nerd raggers need to chill out and go do something besides the "qq" whine on the forums...