The small handful of daily complainers do not speak for the rest of us, BioWare

HaoZhao

PVP is far from perfect but it is still fun and I have fun playing it, every day.

-Lockouts primarily punish sore losers and PVP has gotten significantly better since you guys introduced this very good feature.

-Removal of PVP gear was an overall great change that significantly lowered queue time for both regs and ranked

-Using secret methods to hunt win traders in ranked has been very successful (though, not entirely). Plenty of notorious win traders from the old PVP servers just straight up vanished once they got busted for win trading.

-Almost every spec is fun in regs. I play everything and I've done top numbers as almost everything. I'm having a good time.

-Many of the people who come here just to complain are not as good at PVP as they pretend they are. They get wrecked due to lack of talent and then blame the developers. It was never your fault, BioWare.

-There's a very small minority of people here who think that the developers can be manipulated if they just complain about the same things, every single day, as loudly as they can. Half a dozen people trying to drown out this entire board are still just half a dozen people. They do not speak for the hundreds of thousands of people who enjoy your game.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Using secret methods to hunt win traders in ranked has been very successful (though, not entirely). Plenty of notorious win traders from the old PVP servers just straight up vanished once they got busted for win trading.

I don't know where you got this idea. Bioware didn't ban any wintraders after last season. In fact, several blatant wintraders like Sephorus still got top 3 rewards.

Also, SS is currently infested with wintraders that are all in top 3 positions.

I'd say Bioware's enforcement efforts are at an all time low right now and it's truly unacceptable.

I don't know where you got this idea. Bioware didn't ban any wintraders after last season. In fact, several blatant wintraders like Sephorus still got top 3 rewards.

Also, SS is currently infested with wintraders that are all in top 3 positions.

I'd say Bioware's enforcement efforts are at an all time low right now and it's truly unacceptable.

I said not entirely. But plenty of win traders have definitely been banned. I would name specific people and even guilds but call outs are against the forum rules.

Edited by HaoZhao

I just not entirely. But plenty of win traders have definitely been banned. I would name specific people and even guilds but call outs are against the forum rules.

I know plenty have gotten banned in the past, but it's been a while. Most recently a lot of Educated Squad got banned, and then subsequently unbanned a few months later.

*The small handful of daily complainers do not speak for the even smaller handful of me and my own opinions, BioWare

No point in lying to BioWare. They have all of the data. They can easily see that there are more people playing PVP than ever before. None of you will ever successfully gaslight the developers and you should stop wasting your time.

-There's a very small minority of people here who think that the developers can be manipulated if they just complain about the same things, every single day, as loudly as they can. Half a dozen people trying to drown out this entire board are still just half a dozen people. They do not speak for the hundreds of thousands of people who enjoy your game.

You make a thread to complain about people complaining, lol. You also fall into this category. Ever heard of the saying, “people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones”

Edited by TrixxieTriss

You make a thread to complain about people complaining, lol. You also fall into this category. Ever heard of the saying, “people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones”

Nope. I am making a topic to let BioWare know that they're doing lots of good things. I make positive topics. Not just topics to complain about how BioWare won't nerf every class but mine. I am setting a good example. :)

Regs lockouts with no choice of gamemode is a terrible idea. You shouldn't force people into a game they dont want to play, give them a choice like flashpoints. I fail to see why its so hard.

Fix your title to "....... for the rest of us Solo Ranked folks...

All your ramblings is regarding solo ranked. I'd disagree with the pvp gear b/c in 4.0 it was the easiest to gear for PvP & PvE via their vendors, then it is now the Spam FP till you hit 306 then hope that the RNG swtor lords provide you with some gear in boxes or buy from a vendor with Frags and 1 million credits (stupid). Oh all while having to be max level to even get frags, boxes ext. While in 4.0 you could lvl up via pvp earn comms and buy your set when you hit max level, yeah so much harder to gear.

PVP is far from perfect but it is still fun and I have fun playing it, every day.

-Lockouts primarily punish sore losers and PVP has gotten significantly better since you guys introduced this very good feature.

-Removal of PVP gear was an overall great change that significantly lowered queue time for both regs and ranked

-Almost every spec is fun in regs. I play everything and I've done top numbers as almost everything. I'm having a good time.

-Many of the people who come here just to complain are not as good at PVP as they pretend they are. They get wrecked due to lack of talent and then blame the developers. It was never your fault, BioWare.

I hate to break it to you, but that supposedly “small” number of people complaining isn’t as small as you think. We outnumber you by a solid three-to-one because we’re smart enough to know that the system is messed up and needs fixing. If you disagree, you’re either really lucky, or you’re taking advantage of the broken system to prop up your otherwise mediocre numbers. Either way, you’re wrong on the majority of your points.

I hate to break it to you, but that supposedly “small” number of people complaining isn’t as small as you think. We outnumber you by a solid three-to-one because we’re smart enough to know that the system is messed up and needs fixing. If you disagree, you’re either really lucky, or you’re taking advantage of the broken system to prop up your otherwise mediocre numbers. Either way, you’re wrong on the majority of your points.

i hate to break it to you but your ratio is only accurate on the forums. people come here in droves to complain about the game, not to give it props if they like it. your observation of a majority of people on the forums (specifically) complaining about the game is in no way, shape, or form indicative of people complaining about it being the overall majority. so... speaking of being completely wrong.

Edited by MERCBERSERK

Regs lockouts with no choice of gamemode is a terrible idea. You shouldn't force people into a game they dont want to play, give them a choice like flashpoints. I fail to see why its so hard.

You have that backwards. If I queue for random flashpoints, what I usually get is anything but random. I usually get Hammer Station the favourite choice of bad players who die to the crushing affliction DOT in Athiss who then try to justify it with "but Hammer Station is faster." The FP queue is in absolutely terrible shape.

If they were to adopt your suggestion, the same thing would happen to WZs. People would queue for whichever map is deemed to be the easiest and then that single map would be the only thing we ever see for the most part. The WZ queue is just fine as it is.

I'll say it again, a handful of daily complainers do not represent hundreds of thousands of people. My points were so good that you couldn't actually offer a counter-argument against them.

I'll say it again, a handful of daily complainers do not represent hundreds of thousands of people. My points were so good that you couldn't actually offer a counter-argument against them.

It's so far from perfect it's like comparing the distance from earth to pluto, and saying it's just down the road. I play it nearly everyday, on different servers, and while I get the odd game that is fun, more often then not, I get badly balanced games, with toxic people.

No, LO's punish everyone, not just people who deserve it, it punishes people who disconnect, or have other issues too. It punishes people who want to queue for areans olny, but can't get them, or people who like objectives and get areanas, or people who hate huttball, but still seem to get multiple pops of it one after another.

On paper the LO system is a good idea, when back up properly with queue options, etc. Alone, it's just a PITA.

BTW, I agree with having a LO system, but only when you have choice present,

I'm unsure if the removal of the pvp gear was good or not, but I can definitely say it didn't make the queue pop any faster, the only reason the queue improved recently was solely based on GS, That alone is what got the queue popping again, that got old players to start pvp'ing again. What killed the queues in the first place were the changes to the win requirements.

Methods so secret they didn't even know what they were doing themselves :rolleyes:

Anyone that was banned, got unbanned, other blatant cheaters are still present, in fact they admitted in discord, and the devs just brushed it off,

Can't confirm or deny this, as I'm an average pvp'r. But I've noticed I do better with some specs than other. But that could be just me, the matches i'm in, the time of the day, or a full moon, who knows.

No, many of the people that have complained here are known good pvp players, one would even say pro players, both ranked, and unranked.

Some of us complain , even though we are 'crap', but the complaints are genuine, like cheating, removal of the brackets (thankfully changed back), lack of communication, win only rewards, etc. Plenty of threads here that aren't nerf this because it beats me, etc

No, there are decent people here fighting to restore pvp to it's glory, trying to get issued fixed, improve the quality of the game. You can put on pink rose glasses to pretend all is well, but the fact you have to resort to insulting people, again and again shows how wrong you are, and show where the real toxicity is.

Just a FYI...I doubt there are hundreds of thousands of players, at least not active players, and PVP is only a small part of the overall population . Like in many situation for every one person that complains, ten people are probably throwing their hands up in the air and walking away.

I mean, is not only the players that are saying wintrading is happening btw, even the devs recognized it openly. Like someone said, there are PLENTY of wintraders around, specially on SS. You want to know why ranked wasnt included on galactic seasons? Because, like Chris said, wintrade is happening WAY TOO MUCH right now. Thats not what players think, is what devs said. And is absolutely sad that NOTHING has been done. No ban, no punishment. Looks like devs encorauge cheating/wintrading right now. Its really sad, I never saw the game in a worse state than now, at least in PVP

"He who posts more than he plays, deserves neither the attention of the devs, or the support of the playerbase." --Benjamin Franklin, probably. Maybe.

More than a couple of the "serial posters" here have been caught, objectively, not knowing what they're talking about. They simply hear a complaint/rumor from someone else and roll with it. When called out on it, they either claim (illogically) that they've won the argument, or they immediately move on to another issue and pretend it never happened. If they don't get called out on it, they just never stop posting about it. "Harry Potter and the Echo Chamber of Truth".

No, there are decent people here

So, decent people, as in the ones who agree with you, and people who are not decent, those who disagree with you.

I think your concept of decency is actually pretty indecent, to say the least. The subtext you exude is pretty obvious.

It's a valid concern, that a social media community gets hijacked by a small but extremely pushy subsect. Companies can make some pretty damaging long term decisions by catering to those groups. There's nothing wrong with interjecting a little logic, or counter arguments, into the static machine which is the SWTOR forums.

I'm not going to count them, but I'm guessing the top (lol) 3 posters in the pvp forums made somewhere between 300-500 posts about how they didn't like win requirements for the dailies/weeklies. These are the same people that post in EVERY SINGLE THREAD. It's damaging to the forum, and the pvp community at large, and, ironically, it's damaging the integrity of how the devs value the forums as a form of feedback.

"

So, decent people, as in the ones who agree with you, and people who are not decent, those who disagree with you.

No decent people, I don't care if they agree with me or not, decency can be seen from opponents, , and toxicity can be seen from supporters. I've had disagreements with people here, and just because we didn't see eye to eye, didn't mean they weren't decent, or that I didn't respect their opinion. You need to stop projecting, not everyone who disagrees is actually against you.

I don't ever see anyone complain about the dailies or the lockouts in game. Only the 5 or so people that still bother to post on these forums.

I don't ever see anyone complain about the dailies or the lockouts in game. Only the 5 or so people that still bother to post on these forums.

Ah yes, when I want devs to read our concerns I too go to fleet chat. Adding lockouts without giving players a choice of gamemode is bad. Forcing players as soon as they load in to stay or suffer a 20 minute lockout is overkill.

I specifically logged in, dealt with the stupid one time password, and dealt with the removal of specific quoted portions of your post on my phone (rather painful interface) just to say how strongly I disagree with these two points in particular.

There is one map that I hate and I quit it every single time. All the lockout is accomplishing for me is to create an occasional mandatory 15 minute stretch break. It’s punishing us for not having any kind of map selection capability.

I’ve argued the Pvp gear thing a couple of years ago. Bottom line is, if top end pvp gear that is super quick and easy to obtain, thereby quickly and easily putting everybody on a level gear playing field, is too much of a pain and you’d really prefer a slow and painful gear grind....are you even capable of logical thought???

Ah yes, when I want devs to read our concerns I too go to fleet chat. Adding lockouts without giving players a choice of gamemode is bad. Forcing players as soon as they load in to stay or suffer a 20 minute lockout is overkill.

The queue system and having a lockout timer for quitters is perfectly fine. It ensure every map has a chance to be played over letting certain maps just be dead because players flock to the "fastest" map to finish for their weeklies/GS, because that is exactly what would happen.

Those who favor the lockout on discord far outnumber the handful of people on these forums. Tough luck on wanting to rage quit every match until you find one that carries you I guess.

Thats such a poor arguement. The same system is in effect for flashpoints and its not like its only hammer station all day.

I am not talking about leaving in the middle of the match. I am talking about leaving the match before it has started. Make there be a reward for quing all versions of warzones or something, and if you opt out of all warzones you lose that bonus. More stuff for us people that que for all and the people that dont want to do certain maps can have a good time.

Thats such a poor arguement. The same system is in effect for flashpoints and its not like its only hammer station all day.

I am not talking about leaving in the middle of the match. I am talking about leaving the match before it has started. Make there be a reward for quing all versions of warzones or something, and if you opt out of all warzones you lose that bonus. More stuff for us people that que for all and the people that dont want to do certain maps can have a good time.

that sounds...reasonable.