PVP is fun until...

AmorandaAdamah

PVP is fun until:

1) You are geared to the 9s and still get hit 2 or 3 times by a player and you die almost instantly.

2) You and 1 or 2 of your team mates are beating on a guy and his health bar never goes down - and you all die, but he doesn't.

3) An entire team in a free for all match keeps their health the entire time. No deaths at all on their side.

I know that my rotation and my stats are up there for sure, but how to be immortal in PVP is beyond my grasp or, more likely than not, a hack/cheat.

I've played many a match where everyone is equal and your skill is what gets you though. Either winning or losing is great fun when there are no cheaters present.

If my health bar NEVER when down, wouldn't you find it sus?

Yes, you would.

I'll keep playing PVP matches hoping that the cheaters will go find something else to do or Bioware figures out that cheating is wrong and does something about it.

PVP is fun until:

1) You are geared to the 9s and still get hit 2 or 3 times by a player and you die almost instantly.

2) You and 1 or 2 of your team mates are beating on a guy and his health bar never goes down - and you all die, but he doesn't.

3) An entire team in a free for all match keeps their health the entire time. No deaths at all on their side.

I know that my rotation and my stats are up there for sure, but how to be immortal in PVP is beyond my grasp or, more likely than not, a hack/cheat.

I've played many a match where everyone is equal and your skill is what gets you though. Either winning or losing is great fun when there are no cheaters present.

Yes, you would.

I'll keep playing PVP matches hoping that the cheaters will go find something else to do or Bioware figures out that cheating is wrong and does something about it.

I don't know for certain, but you probably encountered a premade with a lot of heals that you're just not noticing. If two people are attacking one target, it should go down unless there is a healer.

If a "hack/cheat" as you suggest, you would need solid evidence of that...video evidence would be very helpful. There are all KINDS of reasons why things are not going your way. You could be failing to use DCDs, or hitting into an opponent's DCDs or a healer could be present, or Pacify (Sentinel/Marauder ability) could be applied to you or your allies (90% miss chance), or Diversion (sniper miss debuff) or an Operative with roll immunity, or reflect...the list is huge.

You might want to record your PvP matches to determine if the fault lies with the opponent or with your inexperience.

Basically, you cannot make such accusations without substantial evidence to back your claims. It could happen as you claimed, but that's not the way to bet.

Edited by Sappharan

PVP is fun until:

Yes, you would.

Would help if we had more details or a video of your usual game play.

I can seem unkillable on my Jugg against numerous players, especially if there’s a healer there. I’m also quite good a kiting on my Sorc and it usually takes a number of players to take me down. Ive had toughened ranked players compliment my Sorc kiting abilities.

The issue is you’re probably against premades or veteran players or both. Who know their classes perfectly and how to counter most other classes. Playing against Veterans can feel like they are cheating because they seem almost god like in situations. Most of the time it’s just experience and skills.

You also need to consider class composition and gear. Not just gear lvls. They might have sets or tacticals you can’t buy direct from the vendors. Ones that give better performance than the standard run of the mill vendor ones.

With classes, you have 3 specs as well and some out perform others. Also remember, pve rotations and utilities don’t always transfer equally into pvp. Often utilities that are useless in pve are super powerful in pvp. PVE Rotations aren’t always viable and you’ll need to switch to priority abilities because players know how to negate your rotation (unlike pve bosses).

Edited by TrixxieTriss

PVP is fun until:

Yes, you would.

The number of cheaters present in SWTOR PVP is so vanishingly small that they effectively do not exist in the way you are describing. There also isn't a cheat that would make a group of players immune to all damage for an entire warzone or kill you in 2 or 3 blows.

If, like the vast majority of players in SWTOR PVP, you are unable to do more than 4K DPS, you will find it difficult to see the effects of your damage if you go up against a team with a moderately competent healer. A decent healer in PVP will easily be able to manage 15k HPS especially against bad players who don't do much damage. So if your team has 3 DPS all doing less than 4k, your damage will be completely healed and the other team will stay at or near 100%. Factor in a possible tank, and DCDs, and you can see how your damage would be 100% effective.

As for killing in 2 or 3 blows, that is called "getting globaled" and can happen in certain situations with different group comps:

1) you are stunned, netted, or hindered in some other way by the enemy team without any DCDs up.

2) The enemy team has multiple high burst on demand DPS - such as AP PT, carnage or fury mara, marksman sniper, deception sin, conc op. Any 2 of these classes will wipe someone quite easily in a hard swap within 3 GCDs. For example: two AP PTs swap to you. 2x Thermal det (30k x2) + 2x Energy burst (60k x2) + 2x Energy Burst (60k x2) = dead without DCDs, healing, or guard.

Describing this as going up against cheaters shows a lack of understanding of game mechanics on your part. I suggest watching some of snave's instructional videos or perhaps some SWTOR PVP streamers on Twitch to learn how the game is played.

PVP is fun until:

Yes, you would.

The only class that can burst you that fast is AP PT. Outside of that, TTK in this game is ridiculously high because of how much self sustainability every class has.

It sounds to me like you just don't have a firm grasp on the games DCD's yet.

I know that my rotation

The most common mistake for beginners to PVP is to assume that knowing your class means you are ready to fight. No, if you want to stand a chance in PVP, you need to know EVERY class and spec in the game. Knowing how to hit the button for Raging Burst isn't going to help you very much if you don't understand how to spot an operative's evasion-reflect and if you don't know what the consequences are of dumping Raging Burst into 150% reflect.

Mara/sent pacify/obfuscate can render your attacks useless for 6 seconds. It’s a pretty awesome debuff. There are a few others as well. So if you are unloading into somebody and nothing is happening, consider switching to a different target.

Welcome to PvP.

As others have stated "knowing" you will need to learn what other classes buffs, debuffs are when fighting otherwise many of your offensive abilities are going to be wasted.

Many PvP teams aren't balanced at all, you can be fighting against groups that have healers and tanks. So focusing on the wrong person aka - a skank tank that has 2 healers topping them off along with that bs tactical where they can heal to full all the time is going to be a lost cause.

There really isn't that much cheating anymore in-game, especially in PVP. Once and a blue moon you'll see someone that is using a clipping, hover type of one but it's pretty rare and most of the time those folks end up getting banned.

Using the logic "prove cheating happens", prove it does not happen.

Simplest explanation is the best we can do:

Is it more likely that

A) there's a super secret hack which is only used by an infinitesimal percentage of the population and only seen by bad (or being generous, very casual) players

Or

B) the OP is one of the average SWTOR players who never manage more than 4k DPS in PVP and wonder why they can't kill anyone when the other team has a tank, and a healer who is doing more HPS than their entire team combined

Using the logic "prove cheating happens", prove it does not happen.

If you want to accuse people of cheating. First find out what cheats they are using and make sure you can identify them using it.

But before you can do that, you need to know every class ability and be able to identify it so you aren’t mistaking what you see.

Once you can do that, then you can provide BioWare and other players a proper explanation for what you are seeing to support your claims.

I’m also not saying cheating isn’t impossible or doesn’t happen. But OP makes it sound like all difficulty is from everyone cheating and not them being better players.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

But before you can do that, you need to know every class ability and be able to identify it so you aren’t mistaking what you see.

I saw someone flying....:D Not sure what class ability that was, but I need to learn it...lol - ok, I'm being a little humorous .

It was HB, and they flew, but I wasn't recording, and didn't get a chance to catch their name, took me by surprise.

Also saw someone doing that 'hummingbird' glitch/cheat/exploit in GSF, someone else called it out, so wasn't just me.

But what's the point in reporting it, when BW seem to do nothing about them. Not only that, but when people in here want to improve the game and fix the issues, they get attacked by trolls, and toxic people, and the mods don't stop it.

/shrug

I saw someone flying....:D Not sure what class ability that was, but I need to learn it...lol - ok, I'm being a little humorous .

It was HB, and they flew, but I wasn't recording, and didn't get a chance to catch their name, took me by surprise.

Also saw someone doing that 'hummingbird' glitch/cheat/exploit in GSF, someone else called it out, so wasn't just me.

But what's the point in reporting it, when BW seem to do nothing about them. Not only that, but when people in here want to improve the game and fix the issues, they get attacked by trolls, and toxic people, and the mods don't stop it.

/shrug

Could be that you encounted a bugg i have been launched more then once on my assasin XD

But what's the point in reporting it, when BW seem to do nothing about them.

This part is a massive problem that Bioware have made themselves. They encourage cheating with their lax policies.

This includes ranked wintrading as well. So many people were caught on camera doing it last season and not one ban at the end of the season. On top of that, they unbanned a whole bunch of people who’d been caught early in the season.

Players are rightful sick to death at Biowares in ability to even enforce their own rules. And they are fed up collecting the data and playing beat cop for BioWare to collect the evidence for them to have BioWare ignore it or give serial cheats a get out jail free card.

Biowares own behaviour towards cheating is the biggest reason we still have it as much. Cheats know they can operate unscathed and in the open with no recourse if people report them. And most players know BioWare don’t give a damn. So they stop reporting and collecting evidence or they stop playing in disgust.

It’s a complete waste of our game time reporting when nothing gets done. BioWares own attitude is destroying pvp as much as any cheating.

Edited by TrixxieTriss