Coming back to SWTOR after 7 years.

CountOryansen

I am a huge fan of this game. I was there for beta, launch and raided like crazy for a few years. Life got a little weird and I had to put the game down to get myself on track. I’m at a place now where I can at least play casually again. Maybe raid once a week. My question is this, when I left scum and villainy was the top operation. Now that I e come back, so many things are different and new. I’m not talking about content, I’ll catch up. I’m talking about just how the game works. Everything is so different. So many rules aren’t even there, gearing, leveling and so many things are different. Where do I begin? I tried reading the patch notes but that didn’t help. I’ll be getting into my old guild so I guess I’ll have to rely on them? Thanks in advance for help. This game is great and I hope it stays around and grows for da other 10 years.

The most important thing is to not invest too much effort into learning all that stuff *now*, given that a big pile of it will change in two weeks' time when 7.0 launches (14 December), and 7.0 contains some fairly radical changes that will invalidate a bunch of what you learn during those two weeks.