Important note about rewards and content for the devs

ralphieceaser

One thing that I find very important in mmorpgs is for any content in the game to have some relevant reward, that way by playing repetitive or old content you never feel like you are wasting your time because you are not progressing towards your goal.

With the removal of renown I would like to remind the devs that even if renown was something small, it made old content activities feel rewarding because you were never truly wasting your time, you would still get a box that had relevant ENDGAME rewards. The rewards due to RNG might not be great, but at least your time wasnt wasted, you got something out of it since you can always scrap them down for more currency.

Some have suggested that some weeklies and dailies in old planets might include currency to upgrade conquest or flashpoint gear which I cannot know if it is true but it would be a good example of old content being rewarding so you dont feel like you are wasting your time. Currencies that lets you upgrade or buy gear like current tech fragments are great, and the fact we can RE gear we dont like for said currency is an even better system.

The core of the problem: We can take WoW as a perfect example, for anyone who does raid or m+ in WoW because they enjoy gear progression, ALL THE REST OF CONTENT IN WOW is dead and useless for achieving that goal, because they have gutted all power rewards from casual and relaxing content meaning it is a waste of time to do it because you dont get rewarded for your time with anything, which is one of the reason I left WoW.

This problem leads to a secondary problem though, when the only source of good power rewards are behind group content, you cannot progress your power unless people on your level are around in your available times, otherwise you can do NOTHING to progress your goal to maximum power.

I personally thought we did gear really fast, with only amplifiers taking sometime which I liked, it is an mmorpg so it should take a while to reach that goal of maximum power, but we should be able to get relatively quickly to 80% for example to avoid imbalances or discrimination from other players and have that final 20% of power take a while.

Again, it depends on player's goals, but for many of us including casuals, power progression is the main reason we enjoy mmorpgs, and if we cant do anything to progress that goal because we are dependent on other players, there is a serious problem.