Solo heroics daily is a good way to level up with double xp now?

ShieldProtection

In case if you forget, there is double xp running since yesterday and I got sick waiting que for black talon farm flashpoint in empty republic fleet. There is literally few to none people playing on rep fleet compared to the imperial fleet. so ı was wondering if ı can get level faster by doing solo heroics daily with double xp event now- is it a good way? What do you think? should I run them daily or should I wait eternal in the esseles fp?

solo heroics is a good way to level quickly period.

I recommend doing story through you last companion and then doing heroics between vet FPs (~60% will be Hammer Station or Kuat, which are pretty quick). Leveling this way will keep you relatively well geared as well (until you hit 70, at which point you should buy gear on Ossus until 75).

if you are in one of the bazilion conquest guilds, do the World Boss tours. they are super quick XP bombs. avoid doing generic side or planetary quests. they're too slow and scattered (vs. just porting around with heroics).

1 heroic gives the same experience as one class mission.

if you have the class mission character perks unlocked in legacy. a class mission is going to give slightly more. but they are more tedious to complete and have long travel times, usually. takes much longer

people leveling through class mission are going to spend majority of their time on a speeder, running, or a taxi.

heroics transport you directly to the action.

class missions give craptastic gear you overleveled 10-20 levels ago. sporadically

heroics drop loot scaled to your current level always. including relics, implants and earpiece.

Edited by Falensawino

Thanks all for replies, I decided to do indeed solo heroics, class missions takes so much time even with quick travel unlocked, I will use my Shaved Vizla as dps to do them her aoe attack is awesome.

How many comp levels should I increase on her? She likes imperial memoriable gifts that korriban artifact or something, but I also don't want to spend my credits too much, given with economic crisis going on in the game since months ı prefer keep my credits. Level 5 is ok to increase her damage? I even read somewhere on Google that even level 1 is ok she is kinda overpowered which is VERY helpful to defeat mobs, hope they not going to nerf her.

I also noticed republic heroics (some of them) are almost impossible to do solo even with shae vizla. Everything about republic sucks so far I noticed.

I did the Korriban Heroics this morning, before work, with my lvl 20 Bounty Hunter.

I went from lvl 20 to lvl 24 (almost 25) with a 30% booster.

Seems like they're a good way to grind during double XP just based on that (since I usually gain about 4-5 levels per planet otherwise doing just the class quests)

I also noticed republic heroics (some of them) are almost impossible to do solo even with shae vizla. Everything about republic sucks so far I noticed.

well...er...I mean...no. you're flat wrong. all H2's are perfectly soloable with any class. you might want to buy the affection boost for your comp(s). and set Shae to heals. it doesn't matter who your comp is at 50, you can sit there all day with 1 gold and 2 silver mobs hitting you. it won't matter.

the empire/republic issue is more about time sink than difficulty. balmora is a good example of this. there's a pub bonus quest that has you kill 30 enemy. the main quest is just to scan 6 nodes. scanning takes literally 60 seconds. killing mobs 2-3 at a time takes 10-20 minutes. difficult? no. mind numbing? yes.

there's also a lot of competition for some of the mobs in open world heroics.

if you're having actual difficulty with the heroics, I'd say check dps guides. you're doing something wrong with dcds/cc and rotation.

the only caveat I can think of for heroics difficulty is section x (it might still be an h4? I don't remember, but the boss fight has real mechanics that need to be observed), and that's not really part of the planetary rotation.

Edited by CheesyEZ

Also of note:

If you are doing Hutta Heroics, take the 2nd hostage mission (blowing up the starship) before the first one, and do it first. When you finally do the Free The Hostages mission, the NPC will give you the starship one again. So, you get 5 easy dailies on Hutta, for the price of four.

In case if you forget, there is double xp running since yesterday and I got sick waiting que for black talon farm flashpoint in empty republic fleet. There is literally few to none people playing on rep fleet compared to the imperial fleet. so ı was wondering if ı can get level faster by doing solo heroics daily with double xp event now- is it a good way? What do you think? should I run them daily or should I wait eternal in the esseles fp?

What server are you on that the republic fleet is dead?

well...er...I mean...no. you're flat wrong. all H2's are perfectly soloable with any class. you might want to buy the affection boost for your comp(s). and set Shae to heals. it doesn't matter who your comp is at 50, you can sit there all day with 1 gold and 2 silver mobs hitting you. it won't matter.

the empire/republic issue is more about time sink than difficulty. balmora is a good example of this. there's a pub bonus quest that has you kill 30 enemy. the main quest is just to scan 6 nodes. scanning takes literally 60 seconds. killing mobs 2-3 at a time takes 10-20 minutes. difficult? no. mind numbing? yes.

there's also a lot of competition for some of the mobs in open world heroics.

if you're having actual difficulty with the heroics, I'd say check dps guides. you're doing something wrong with dcds/cc and rotation.

the only caveat I can think of for heroics difficulty is section x (it might still be an h4? I don't remember, but the boss fight has real mechanics that need to be observed), and that's not really part of the planetary rotation.

I prefer to keep Shae or who ever on tank if I’m doing heroics. It’s much quicker and you don’t get rushed by mobs. The Lowbie heroics rarely do much damage to your Comps health and you can just smash through the mobs and occasionally stop to do quick heal up on your companion.

The H4 boss in sectionX can also be totally by passed if you go around on the left wall to get to the area you need to throw the grenade. Once you destroy the power source, just back track around the wall and go to the teleport. Just make sure you stay as far away from the boss as possible and you don’t need to even fight them. The absolute fastest way to do the H4 is on a Stealth. You don’t even need to fight anything in the instance. Takes less than 2 mins to stealth through and get out. Easiest heroic XP in the game.

Also for the OP. If you find too much competition doing open world heroics, just use the pvp map instead and you’ll mostly have them all to yourself :D

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I prefer to keep Shae or who ever on tank if I’m doing heroics. It’s much quicker and you don’t get rushed by mobs. The Lowbie heroics rarely do much damage to your Comps health and you can just smash through the mobs and occasionally stop to do quick heal up on your companion.

he has dps/dcd "rotation" issues. the only caveat is a low affection comp does require more awareness.

The H4 boss in sectionX can also be totally by passed if you go around on the left wall to get to the area you need to throw the grenade. Once you destroy the power source, just back track around the wall and go to the teleport. Just make sure you stay as far away from the boss as possible and you don’t need to even fight them. The absolute fastest way to do the H4 is on a Stealth. You don’t even need to fight anything in the instance. Takes less than 2 mins to stealth through and get out. Easiest heroic XP in the game.

heh. I was really just racking my mind coming up with a heroics fight that might require you to do more than face tank through a rotation.