The Ultimate Guide of Guides for New/Returning SWTOR Players in 2020!

LadyAdmiral

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am as new as new can be to this game and mmo's in general. I've always had an interest in them but never actually played any. I recently finished reading Ready Player One by Ernest Cline and it got me thinking if there was anything like the OASIS in real life. Immediately I tried to download and play the original WoW but for some reason my computer wouldn't download and install it properly so I gave up and let it be for a few days. Without going in to too much detail I will say that the stress and strains of being a new husband and father have given me cause to find an activity or hobby that is just for myself. I'm now listening to the audio book version of Ready Player One and it's again caused me to search for something like the OASIS, not to completely escape my reality and shrug off my duties as a husband and father but as a new hobby. I've always loved video games and have always been interested in technology, virtual reality and computers. I'm nowhere near a level where I would call myself skilled, I couldn't even get the free version of WoW to run on my more than capable laptop but nonetheless I'm very interested in all things techy. I had remembered reading about SWTOR years ago around the time it was first released and thought to myself "That sounds awesome and very addicting!" well here we are almost 10 years later and I'm waiting for the game to download and install on my computer, same one I tried WoW with hopefully it works. I'm very excited to see what this has to offer and just how much fun I can have with it. To anyone who reads this please if you see me in the game or world or however you say it, remember this is my first ever go at an MMO so have patience and be kind I'm brand new to this and it already seems like "mastering" this game could take a lifetime or more. Also if you see me strike up a conversation I'm looking forward to meeting all kinds of new people from anywhere and everywhere around the world,

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read this and happy gaming

jakeGeightfive

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...