Uprisings in 6.2.1 - Feedback

DanielSteed

Do You Feel Uprisings are Worth Doing?

Short and simple answer would be no - they feel disconnected from the story and while they are good fun for when you just want to carve through waves of enemies, they just feel empty story-wise when even with the flashpoints that are given at the holo terminals by Malgus are given backstory before even stepping foot into them.

I disagree I don't think every non story, content needs to have cutscenes behind them, they can add content just for players to have fun. Which I hope BW focuses on when re doing these uprisings, I can't test them because no pts on steam.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep wondering why we should discuss here. BW is not interested in our opinion anyway. The change is implemented. No matter what is written here. We have seen it so often. :(

Instead of focusing on the Ursprings, should there be better rewards for the bonus bosses in the FP.

I keep wondering why we should discuss here. BW is not interested in our opinion anyway. The change is implemented. No matter what is written here. We have seen it so often. :(

Instead of focusing on the Ursprings, should there be better rewards for the bonus bosses in the FP.

Yes, reading the responses in the discord from Bioware seems to indicate they don’t care what feed back is given because they have a vision and they don’t really care if players agree or not.

Yes, reading the responses in the discord from Bioware seems to indicate they don’t care what feed back is given because they have a vision and they don’t really care if players agree or not.

What responses? I never see any BioWare employee respond in Discord o_O

Edited by Jesseriah

Based on the current game state (not PTS):

Yes - I like playing uprisings because they are a non stop killing fest that is a nice way to mix up flashpoints and I am at the point where I don't need any more gear, etc. That said, I find the current rewards for uprisings to need a small boost put them on par with flashpoints and if I needed the tech frags or was still working up to 306 gear, I would not play uprisings as a result. The amount of loot that drops in uprisings is reasonable for the effort required, but the reduced amount of tech frags and the complete absence of conquest points are a big downside compared to just running flashpoints.

In summary: uprisings do need a bit of a reward boost as they don't provide as much gear, tech frags, and no conquest points for enemies killed. I'd be happy with just a boost to tech frag rewards & conquest points as the amount of gear you get is reasonable for the difficulty, just not time investment.

As for which ones I play:

• Landing party - this is my favourite, love the tileset and it feels great. Lots to do as a tank or dps in this one.
  • Firefrost - this one is pretty good but it can be frustrating to deal with all the knockbacks/stuns & explody droids & the two "bosses" in master mode. I like how it makes lots of "watch your step" but the way the adds spawn are a bit annoying (always spread out).
  • Inferno - I like this one, feels fun and fast, difficulty is a tiny bit on the easy side, the first boss room gets very boring with his high health once all the waves of adds stop spawning
  • Trench runner - This one is fast and kind of weird. I don't like it on the higher difficulties and I'm not 100% sure why. It can be a little hard for healers as you can't tank enough of the enemies, but on story mode it's too easy and really fast
  • Fractured - if it wasn't for the stupid glitch on the last boss that you need to figure out (with the red force field) this would also be a great uprising and well balanced. The other part I don't like is when you jump down from the catwalks and click the console, the red force field beside it should come down so players don't get stuck behind it (can happen if they die)
  • Done and Dusted - I have mixed thoughts on this one, it's fun and I like it, but the boss fights in the open area aren't that great. On master mode, the mine field is stupid and punishes melee way too much. The adds in this area just feel pointless and are frustrating until you figure out that you should just ignore most of them. Other than the mine field I really like this one but feels like it takes longer so should reward better than others.
  • Trial and error - it's cute at first to become a rhakghoul, but then it's just the one I avoid. I really dislike the balance on this one and how do you get out of being a rhakghoul so you can loot?!!? This and divided we fall are the worst two with this one being the hardest by far.
  • Crimson fang - This is fun, but it just feels way too long/slow so I don't play it often. More loot to compensate?
  • Divided we fall - I don't like this one that much and it feels way too long and not as much fun, very all over the place.
  • Destroyer of worlds - this one is a mixed bag... it's really neat how it's just endless waves of enemies to try and race to keep your droid alive, but it's also frustrating as hell and the droids keep pulling you around. The first boss is confusing as hell and the mechanics are boring once you figure them out. I almost never play this one, but I do enjoy the aspect of fighting endless waves with no break. Final boss is a snooze fest and you can easily get locked out as there is no visual queue for that.

I think I've done all except trench runner and divided we fall on master mode. I've done all of them on veteran mode. Most of the uprisings feel extremely easy (as a player who regularly does challenging endgame content) and I wouldn't mind a bump up in the difficulty on master mode, but at the same time I like the fact that you feel like a god of destruction in uprisings and wouldn't want that to go away. Some of the bosses on Master Mode are really fun and take a few tries to figure out the mechanics. The bosses that come to mind that I like are in done and dusted (beast master and final boss), landing party (first and last boss), firefrost last boss (but the explody droids get a bit excessive), inferno last boss (and 2nd to last boss on Master mode), last boss of crimson fang.

Edited by klizilii

Please don't say that! with the last couple of changes to uprisings I actually do them quite a bit now and find them a fun alternative to flashpoitns, if anything they do need increase the rewards for uprisings as flashpoints are almost 2x as rewarding when you consider tech frag farming.

Please don't say that! with the last couple of changes to uprisings I actually do them quite a bit now and find them a fun alternative to flashpoitns, if anything they do need increase the rewards for uprisings as flashpoints are almost 2x as rewarding when you consider tech frag farming.

What last changes? Ignoring them and leaving the mobs on level 70 while players remain at 75?

On live, uprisings are somewhat annoying solo content. With the PTS changes, they're back to being annoying group content with difficulty one step up from flashpoints. Without new achievements or better rewards they will go back to being ignored by most players - Maybe even worse now that the achievement hunters had plenty of time to do their thing and don't need to do any uprisings ever again.

Edited by Mubrak

My $.02.

Uprisings are still easy (though I've only solo'd a few SM and have not found anyone on PTS to group for others, fights take forever though), though still full of annoying mechanics (stun, stun, stun - and hey for good measure another stun), and still copy / paste enemies in copy / paste maps and just all around boring content.

Also, why are uprisings getting scaled to 75 when many flashpoints and Ops are still stuck scaled at 70? And seriously why even bother with this, few run these except for conquest or achievements and mostly do so because they are not scaled. Scaling them up will just reduce the number of players engaging in uprisings.

Lastly, please either scale EVERYTHING at the time level cap is increased or scale NOTHING? Having a mishmash of 70 (player scaled-down), 70 (player not scaled), and 75 (player not scaled) content is annoying.

Edit to add: I didn't notice any improvement in loot - I got about the same amount of useless items to deconstruct on live and PTS.

Edited by DawnAskham

My $.02.

Uprisings are still easy (though I've only solo'd a few SM and have not found anyone on PTS to group for others, fights take forever though), though still full of annoying mechanics (stun, stun, stun - and hey for good measure another stun), and still copy / paste enemies in copy / paste maps and just all around boring content.

Also, why are uprisings getting scaled to 75 when many flashpoints and Ops are still stuck scaled at 70? And seriously why even bother with this, few run these except for conquest or achievements and mostly do so because they are not scaled. Scaling them up will just reduce the number of players engaging in uprisings.

Lastly, please either scale EVERYTHING at the time level cap is increased or scale NOTHING? Having a mishmash of 70 (player scaled-down), 70 (player not scaled), and 75 (player not scaled) content is annoying.

Edit to add: I didn't notice any improvement in loot - I got about the same amount of useless items to deconstruct on live and PTS.

I have to agree with nearly everything you said. Especially the scaling nonesense of this game.

And can we please get some official answers about the increased loot for uprising. I also could not find any difference at all between the PTS 6.2.1 and the live servers.

Not been on the test server this time round. However I did try uprising when they first came out and could not do the story mode solo, maybe I just picked two of the more differcult ones to do.

When I read they were being scaled up to level 75 I thought I would give them another chance before the forth-coming rescaling. The first one I tried was Fractured, which could not complete as the final boss just kept vanishing and the Sith just kept returning after I killed him.

So tried two others, and found these two OK. As there are many I have not tried I am going to try and do them before this next patch comes out. After this rescaling I just won't bother with them.

However I do have an issue with this rescaling up to level 75, It's not that there will be a level 75 as that is OK, its more that level 70 is being removed. I have several accounts with most now level 75 as most are Ok up till this last Story update, Not all. However You and by you I mean BW-SWTOR said that once you sub you have access to everything in game and will only not have access to new material that comes out after your sub ends. This rescaling to level 75 mean that in-fact players who had once subbed will no longer have such access to everything in-game that they had subbed for. This to me is just unacceptable and when it comes down to it you lied BW. Uprising is not the first time and won't be the last time you have done something like this. It does mean that nothing you say/state here on the forums, how you advertise this game on this site is true.

As for rewards from uprising.

Ok as said not been on test server this time round so don't know what changes to loot you have made. However what would at least for me should I ever return to these in the future would be A, always receive a decoration for each player (OK I soloed the ones I did today, so got the decoration all to myself) and B have each uprising have more than one possible decoration to get per uprising. C allow any player be able to have more than one of each decoration. I did Red Reaper and did get the decoration (only one I got in total) and found out I could only have one for that legacy, Why? I can have up 999 of other decorations.

I was already a level 75 so was getting level 75 gear even if it was below the rating gear my character was wearing. So other than getting more gear per drop, it really only leaves getting more tech fragments or renown points.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

My $.02.

100% agree with this, I only run a few uprising but the Dev should scale EVERYTHING or none at all. I know you guys have limited team since ages but if this a way to push uprising playtime to the majority of player, that majority who don’t play will still not play even with this changes.

I have to say I think it's bad idea to rescale old content to 75, add the level 70 cap, like everything else, I think it's a waste of time and resources of rescaling old content, so I like you did in 6.0 with adding the level 70 cap.

However from what I read from your last post, I do like some of the changes to uprisings and the mechanics.

However the main problem why people don't often run them, is because the loot is terrible, better rewards, then people will play them.

Edit: more to add

Also could you add master to the queue and maybe make story mode into solo mode instead

I should clarify what I mean is they should lower the enemy NPC health and damage output, and make it a actual solo version, like solo FP, story version uprising is more balance for a group.

I know you can solo it on live severs but, as far as I can remember you need to have your companion on heals, I would like to be able to solo it with my companion on damage like in solo Flashpoints. Then just have veteran and master mode for group uprisings.

Also another suggestion I completely forgot, is to get rid of sub requirement on uprisings for queuing, that a major one. Also if you were to add the level 70 lock like FP, you could allow lower level players to queue for uprisings

Edited by commanderwar

Of all things to scale, why the one content no one plays or even likes? Scale up the flashpoints and Ops to 75 and frankly just remove uprisings.

Or just leave uprisings as they are for people who run them in there current state, but won’t be able to when they are scaled up.

However the main problem why people don't often run them, is because the loot is terrible, better rewards, then people will play them.

Also could you add master to the queue and maybe make story mode into solo mode instead

The loots not that bad now. And don’t make story mode solo queue. With the up scaling, some people won’t be able to do it by themselves

The loots not that bad now. And don’t make story mode solo queue. With the up scaling, some people won’t be able to do it by themselves

I should clarify what I mean is they should lower the enemy NPC health and damage output, and make it a actual solo version, like solo FP, story version uprising is more balance for a group.

I know you can solo it on live severs but, as far as I can remember you need to have your companion on heals, I would like to be able to solo it with my companion on damage like in solo Flashpoints. Then just have veteran and master mode for group uprisings.

Also another suggestion I completely forgot, is to get rid of sub requirement on uprisings for queuing, that a major one. Also if you were to add the level 70 lock like FP, you could allow lower level players to queue for uprisings

Hey everyone,

[*]Do you feel if the Uprisings are content worth doing?

Uprisings are great. They feel so much more fresh and..lively than Flashpoints. Trashmobs are less static. Its fun to mow down dozens of enemies who typically come with some unpredictable feats to them. Fast, intense business where nobody gets ran over by dialogue wheels - makes Uprisings stand repetition quite well.

Some of the bosses feel slightly lackluster..but I'm not sure if they any worse than typical FP bosses really.

Most of the FPs basically amount to islands of 5-6 typically skippable mobs. They stand still in half circles waiting to see if player party agroes them, then die. Rinse and repeat. Anything that moves away from this pattern is so welcome. Many uprisings do well in this regard.

Uprisings suffer greatly from years and years of utter neglect in reward department though. People never "learned" that doing them is a thing. I'm pretty sure thats ultimately the sole major reason behind their apparent unpopularity. They need juicier carrots and some..promotion. Nice that steps have been taken to fix this.

Sub only requirement for queuing to them is plain silly. It should go away.

Edited by Stradlin

Main reason no one queues for uprising is some end users can not complete the flashpoints due to the bugs and rendering issue with their systems and the game making it near impossible to move more or less get past the first group,

Others like me just find them bloody boring like dailies quests i got better things to do then waste time on boring contents that take for ever to do and finding groups is a pain in the butt only for some arsehole to kick you because he want his three mate in the group too ticking off end users.

I am not going to play content that is boring over and over again just for the same reward that i can not use on my character at all and can not be swap to other character because of the restrictive bound to character rule.

I can not stand the space missions and i do not have time to waste mucking around waiting for ops group to form only for the group to disband because they can not get past a boss its a waste of every ones time.

Anyone who claims the solo storylines flashpoints are easy is completely cheating because i never seen anyone able to complete the solo story flashpoints doing it the normal way and correct way.

Shooting classes are hell over powered especially when it comes to warzones there is no balance in warzones any more when they are one shot the sith sorcerer especially through the barrier. :mad:

Main reason no one queues for uprising is some end users can not complete the flashpoints due to the bugs and rendering issue with their systems and the game making it near impossible to move more or less get past the first group,

Others like me just find them bloody boring like dailies quests i got better things to do then waste time on boring contents that take for ever to do and finding groups is a pain in the butt only for some arsehole to kick you because he want his three mate in the group too ticking off end users.

I am not going to play content that is boring over and over again just for the same reward that i can not use on my character at all and can not be swap to other character because of the restrictive bound to character rule.

I can not stand the space missions and i do not have time to waste mucking around waiting for ops group to form only for the group to disband because they can not get past a boss its a waste of every ones time.

Anyone who claims the solo storylines flashpoints are easy is completely cheating because i never seen anyone able to complete the solo story flashpoints doing it the normal way and correct way.

Shooting classes are hell over powered especially when it comes to warzones there is no balance in warzones any more when they are one shot the sith sorcerer especially through the barrier. :mad:

You should most likely just look for another game because SWTOR is obviously not for you.

And what "normal" way to do story flashpoints exactly? If you can't complete a storyline flashpoint then you should probably upgrade your playstyle. Storymode FPs are so incredible easy that I don't even need a companion for them.

Edited by Jesseriah

The main reason is much simpler than that...

There was really no point doing them . The only time when people were farming them was in early 5.0 when they were giving a lot of command points (renown) today . If I remember correctly, it had something to do with gearing .

After they nerfed the command points uprisings were giving, they instant died out and were like that ever since.

Doing a solo flashpoint is easy..you have a god bot with you, you have your companion and as long as you have geared your character right..it isn't a problem..personally I am horrible with warriors, Much better with any other class, not because they aren't a very good class but because i am not good with the dot/ weapon combo. FYI Ranged is NOT op .:mad: saying that we are shows you don't know how to play your character. Ranged has as many problems in certain situations as any other classes. Try playing one. you will see. :mad:

Can anyone check what the health pool stats are on the final boss in Landing Party on Master mode, veteran and story.

And if possible what the health pool stats are on the first and second bosses in Inferno.

I’ve a sneak suspicion that Bioware have pushed the testing to the live servers as the bosses are much harder now from last week on live.