Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

300 gear advice for $

SeCKSEgai
06.07.2021 , 03:38 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Except that, as you found, when you get to about that point, getting the next level becomes unreasonably expensive in materials because of the low schematic learning rate.

On the other hand, I found that it really didn't take all that long to get 306-weight stuff. Play things you like, gather gear from e.g. solo FPs, deconstruct the stuff that isn't an improvement, earn your 50K conquest for conquest crates, etc. and accumulate Tech Frags for the middle vendor in the second-to-last bay on the Fleet. That vendor sells random stuff that's always better than your average(1) - buy for the worst slot you have to increase your average.

(1) Well, until you reach 306, obviously.
I wanted to learn the 306 schematics just for the sake of learning them --- not only did that seem impractical but I spend more time juggling and sorting the 306 gear and set pieces to bother.

If credits are the primary goal - selling the mats is not only more efficient but more likely to actually sell. While I probably spent upwards of 200 million buying 306 pieces to speed up the climb to 306, I've spent far more rolling amplifiers in gear that's dropped for me since then. The market for crafted gear is effectively returning players that are subbed and have credits to spend so while you might see some nice looking pricetags the real question is how many times has that user had to post them since actually making them.

The mats on the other hand can go into a lot of other more useful things like stims or crafted tacticals or augs. If you do want to still craft something -- augments and augments kits (286 and mk11 respectively) are crafted items that are constantly in need.
Riyn - Maryss - Rlnd - Mony - Retrocide - Reiy

Rlentless - Reyn - Rlad - Ttiana

SteveTheCynic
06.10.2021 , 08:05 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SeCKSEgai View Post
I wanted to learn the 306 schematics just for the sake of learning them --- not only did that seem impractical but I spend more time juggling and sorting the 306 gear and set pieces to bother.
I won't bother including the rest of your post, because I wanted enough so people can see what I'm citing without including the whole thing.

It's a pretty good summary of the situation, frankly.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

AussieAlan
06.19.2021 , 06:49 AM | #13
Well I decided to just put up or shut up, I made 4 300 rating armourings, it took a bit over a week, and after tax I sold all 4 of them from between 8.2 to 9 million credits each.

Do the armour parts with amps stack, I got like 4 of them for crit synth and seem to never get extra stuff, even the green parts.

SteveTheCynic
06.19.2021 , 09:50 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AussieAlan View Post
Well I decided to just put up or shut up, I made 4 300 rating armourings, it took a bit over a week, and after tax I sold all 4 of them from between 8.2 to 9 million credits each.
OK, but how much did it cost you to make them? All-up cost: crew-skill sourced material, the various "white" materials (even though most of them aren't "white" in Grade 11), and the exotica that are required on top.

Note: I'm just talking about the incremental cost of making the next one, not the amortised cost of development, how much it cost to get from 270 to 300.
Do the armour parts with amps stack, I got like 4 of them for crit synth and seem to never get extra stuff, even the green parts.
The "Crit craft" amps don't work. I mean, like, not at all.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

AussieAlan
06.19.2021 , 11:23 AM | #15
No clue how much it cost, had most of the mats already, so doubt it was much.

Well I made 5 more 300 armourings and ended up 8 on just one level 50 toons.

So how come I got some cheap mods that have, oh I forget but the amount of affection my toons get from gifts work, but not the crit crafting.

phalczen
06.19.2021 , 09:07 PM | #16
No clue how much it cost, had most of the mats already, so doubt it was much.

Well I made 5 more 300 armourings and ended up 8 on just one level 50 toons.

So how come I got some cheap mods that have, oh I forget but the amount of affection my toons get from gifts work, but not the crit crafting.
The answer is that no one knows if critical (blank) amps are working properly, because Bioware has never told us what the +10 means. Its probably not whole percentage points, because then a full suit would give like +90% chance which anyway you slice it should be a near doubling of critical outcomes, far more than what people are seeing. So if its working at all, its a very small increase, in which case you would probably need to do tens of thousands of crafts to see a statistically significant difference. Bioware in its 6.0 crafting wisdom made certain to ensure it would be extraordinarily difficult to craft that much in any decent amount of time.
If you would like to hear more of my thoughts, consider joining our guilds on Satele Shan, "Shock and Jawa" of the Republic and "Full Metal Jawa" of the Empire. Thank you for reading!

AussieAlan
06.20.2021 , 04:26 AM | #17
I see fair enough, well I just got them from free gear drops so not a big deal.

JYthelifesaver
06.29.2021 , 01:53 PM | #18
This is anecdotal of course but I have a full set (with main and off-hands too) of +10 crit to Artifice, Biochem, Armormech and I believe also for both Cybertech and Armstech as well. My artificer is in a crafter-friendly guild and almost always crits while the rest still crit significantly higher than if they don't wear their sets.

Just based off of my anecdotal experience I will say that the +10 crit bonus is at the very least bigger than a small increase (as a full set anyway).