Stronghold decorating contest

aitfditb

I'm just curious but has there ever been a contest for decorated strongholds? I've played since launch but can't recall any contest once strongholds were introduced. Admittedly I've only been serious about stronghold decorating for the last year or so but I would put mine up against any of the ones I've seen. I think I have some unique ones and I'm sure others feel the same way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

There was a server-wide stronghold contest on The Harbinger in 2017, conducted by a player called Quintain. It wasn't official, obviously, but Musco saw it and contributed some Cartel Coin codes to give out to winners. It was thoughtfully done; Quintain made a video of his favorite rooms from at least 10 of the strongholds, which was fun to see, and he gave out prizes to 6 strongholds. At the time, he was envisioning a series of contests with a different focus each time--this one he was looking for "flow," or a feel that it was some place you might find in-game somewhere--but I'm pretty sure he never held any more. It looked like he put a ton of work into it, so I can't blame him if he wasn't anxious to do it again.

The thread for the contest is here.

Anyway, my takeaways from the story of this contest:

1. A series of decorating contests, or one with multiple winners for different categories (e.g., creative theme, clever decoration use, transformation of the space, or blending in with the world) seems like a good route to go, so that decorators with a range of ideas, tastes, and talents can have a chance.

2. A small panel of judges could also help the inevitable blowback from people who don't understand how judging is subjective.

3. And remember if you do something server-wide, you might get free Cartel Coin coins to give out!