Thanks SWTOR, I am finally able to break away from PVP

Kwinnjinn

So here we are with the first day of the update and I have experienced the account wide deserter lockout. I am unimpressed with what this game has become. I am finely done with PVP. I am an average player. I have never gotten my damage up to where I would have liked. I don't play ranked overall. I played regs for the objectives and for the rewards. I understand the mechanics of the war zones. I can usually stay alive long enough without getting farmed. I try to help out the team and play objectives as best as I can. I am not a fan of 4v4, Huttball, or ranked. I have played long enough to get my Manhunter title (yawn). I played rank once or twice to get a cosmetic I liked years ago. I don't even use the cosmetic anymore. In the last update you took away the daily four match win or lose for the daily rewards. I gave that update a chance. Since then I have played multiple daily war zone matches and lost multiple times and gained nothing for my time on the game. Win or lose the fun factor is no longer there nor the incentive. You refuse to give players the choice to play which war zones they want to play and penalize them for dropping a match. You made decisions catered to either a small group of die hard pvp players or some other distorted reason. You have taken away every choice and incentive for average and new players to keep playing pvp. Edited by Kwinnjinn

So here we are with the first day of the update and I have experienced the account wide deserter lockout. I am unimpressed with what this game has become. I am am finely done with PVP. I am an average player. I have never gotten my damage up to where I would have liked. I understand the mechanics of the war zones. I can usually stay alive long enough without getting farmed. I try to help out the team and play objectives as best as I can. I am not a fan of 4v4, Huttball, or ranked. I have played long enough to get my Manhunter title (yawn). I played rank once or twice to get a cosmetic I liked years ago. I don't even put it on my character anymore. In the last update you took away the four match win or lose for the dailies. I have played multiple daily war zone matches and lost multiple times and gained nothing for my time on the game. Win, lose, draw the fun factor is no longer there nor the incentive. You refuse to give players the choice to play which war zones they want to play and penalize them for dropping a match. You made decisions catered to small group of die hard pvp players and you have taken away every choice and incentive for average and new players to keep playing pvp.

I hate seeing anyone go, but hopefully you gave it a good look before running off. You may find it's not as bad as it seems.

Also, these changes were NOT done for the die hard pvp'ers. Quite the opposite considering the die hards hated vote kick removal and just about no one was asking for a deserter debuff for regs. Honestly I do not know who the changes are for but the why of it was to combat toxicity in pvp. Your mileage on success may vary on that.

I hate seeing anyone go, but hopefully you gave it a good look before running off. You may find it's not as bad as it seems.

Also, these changes were NOT done for the die hard pvp'ers. Quite the opposite considering the die hards hated vote kick removal and just about no one was asking for a deserter debuff for regs. Honestly I do not know who the changes are for but the why of it was to combat toxicity in pvp. Your mileage on success may vary on that.

The **** are you talking about, the die hards have been on here since it was announced fluffing the pvp team for how good an idea it was and saying how it was all they'd need to fix ranked?

The **** are you talking about, the die hards have been on here since it was announced fluffing the pvp team for how good an idea it was and saying how it was all they'd need to fix ranked?

I was on here advocating for vote kick removal for months and months. But many of the hardcore ranked players didn't want it removed...because they were the ones abusing it. Now there is no more vote kick abuse. It's pretty simple really.

The changes can be understood from BW why they did it. I actually learned to live with it. Yes when you get a run of three bad games it really pushes you. While before you just left the game and waited to be in the good side of the fence.

Yes when I get bored of getting DPS farmers in regs I do leave and have a Kit-Kat and take a break.

Yesterday I had one really bad game, most are average.

Last Sunday I had most possibly the game of the month / year in Civil War, and these games really give me hope. Losing 300 to 120 with one turret, and then getting all three turrets and winning it back with 20 points. A game like this never happened on ToFN or TRE for example, and I had a couple of these on my origin server Lord Calypho. Ah no premades involved as far as I know as communication was non stop in chat once we turned it around.

But sometimes you need a break from it all. Currently with Winter coming and Covid I will keep subbing, we see how my mood will be in the Spring and Summer.

So here we are with the first day of the update and I have experienced the account wide deserter lockout. I am unimpressed with what this game has become. I am finely done with PVP. I am an average player. I have never gotten my damage up to where I would have liked. I don't play ranked overall. I played regs for the objectives and for the rewards. I understand the mechanics of the war zones. I can usually stay alive long enough without getting farmed. I try to help out the team and play objectives as best as I can. I am not a fan of 4v4, Huttball, or ranked. I have played long enough to get my Manhunter title (yawn). I played rank once or twice to get a cosmetic I liked years ago. I don't even use the cosmetic anymore. In the last update you took away the daily four match win or lose for the daily rewards. I gave that update a chance. Since then I have played multiple daily war zone matches and lost multiple times and gained nothing for my time on the game. Win or lose the fun factor is no longer there nor the incentive. You refuse to give players the choice to play which war zones they want to play and penalize them for dropping a match. You made decisions catered to either a small group of die hard pvp players or some other distorted reason. You have taken away every choice and incentive for average and new players to keep playing pvp.

I’m sure the devs are crying bitter tears over your plight. Seriously, the changes are good. They make it harder for people to win trade their way through the game, and allow newer players to experience ranked without being exiled for tiny mistakes. You’ve lambasted the devs for catering to a minority of players, but if the fact that ranked PvP pops have increased by a significant margin is any indication, the minority is people like you. You don’t have to play PvP if you don’t want to, and crying about it here isn’t going to magically change anything.

So feel free to break away. We’ll miss you like the ocean misses a single drop of water.

So you were one of the toxic players that this was designed for?

Bye Felicia.

He is the kind of player who feels entitled.. He cannot do damage, he can't heal enough if he's a heal, nor can he properly tank , in 1v1, he is instant dead , but he somehow feels that it's unfair that he cannot rage quit every game where his team is unable to carry him to the win.

now if they would only bring in the 306 rating for lvl 75 regs. Course wouldnt be needed if they didnt have the pay to play crap of insta levelling. worst idea ever, allows lazy useless twinks to mess up play because they are too entitled to learn to play.

He is the kind of player who feels entitled.. He cannot do damage, he can't heal enough if he's a heal, nor can he properly tank , in 1v1, he is instant dead , but he somehow feels that it's unfair that he cannot rage quit every game where his team is unable to carry him to the win.

That's.... deep and harsh but I like it :D

Child it wasn't the die hards coming in here saying that. Just because we post here doesn't mean we are die hard pvpers. Only people that wanted vote kick removed were the casuals who felt that it was abused by the die hards and they were the ones praising it. No one asked for deserter debuff for regs either, it just happened in the name of combating toxicity. I can only think of two people who actively praise desserter debuff, rest hates it or indifferent (at least until map selection). My point was to correct op that the changes weren't made for the "die hards." It sort of feels the opposite in my opinion.

But if we really want to argue this, then we need to define die hards I suppose since your definition is obviously different from mine.

How long have you known OP personally?

I was on here advocating for vote kick removal for months and months. But many of the hardcore ranked players didn't want it removed...because they were the ones abusing it. Now there is no more vote kick abuse. It's pretty simple really.

I am so grateful that they removed the vote kick. I have been vote kicked for the stupidest of reasons, but the last one laughing is the one laughing the best. Revenge is indeed sweet.