Ranked PVP warzone

Darkrebellord

There is need to break up the monopoly some players have over ranked PvP warzone in order to allow others to enter them without being harassed, intimidate and being told they wont make friends,

Its long over due for swtor to remove this toxic manner of some gamers who had it easy due to benefiting from their easy life of keybinding who now badger others not to enter concern activities because of others who think they are the only ones who should be playing and entering these activities.:mad::mad:

Listen the only solution to your problem is to ignore them.

SR is like tossing a coin. Some people cheat with the same sided coin.

I do not really care what people say as long as he (they) are not paying my sub they can just go to that other place.

When someone pays my sub, may be (a big may be) they can tell me what to do.

As I really do not need anyone to pay me a sub.

Edited by limenutpen

These players work efficiently towards shrinking the ranked community so that they are the only ones left, till you have only like 20 of them left. Anyway the solution is only that more people do ranked but that is something which is not possible atm.

There are slight incentives by Bioware like the mats for augments now etc, but it still doesnt solve the problem. I guess ranked in swtor is doomed to stay as it is.

These players work efficiently towards shrinking the ranked community so that they are the only ones left, till you have only like 20 of them left. Anyway the solution is only that more people do ranked but that is something which is not possible atm.

There are slight incentives by Bioware like the mats for augments now etc, but it still doesnt solve the problem. I guess ranked in swtor is doomed to stay as it is.

Solo ranked has had consistently more participation on SF this season than the last two. And since the last patch, there are a ton of new people. And I've actually been surprised that the toxicity isn't higher to be honest. It's been pretty good, and obviously no vote kick anymore, which is amazing.

Toxicity is not a big problem in ranked at all.

Remove this toxic manner of some gamers who had it easy due to benefiting from their easy life of keybinding .:mad::mad:

The OP is probably a lost cause, but to other new players who may be reading - the vast majority of any toxicity is directed at players who don't contribute to the team.

The common expectations of new players are:

1.) Follow the kill order called by your team, and cc or at least don't hit or dot the cc target (i.e. PT > Jug, cc merc)

2.) Use all your defensive cooldowns before you die, and have basic kiting skill if you are ranged (solo q'ing regs can be good practice for this one, don't q with pocket tanks and healers if you need to work on this)

3.) Know your rotation enough to put out passable numbers - 6k+ dps, 9k+ hps. If you are a tank, you must guard swap based on who is being targeted.

4.) 306 set bonus gear, augmented with 73+ (blue) tier, and the right tactical for solo ranked

5.) Ask questions when you have them - most players will help, even if they need to cool down for a bit after a loss

If you do these basic things, you will set yourself up for success and give an honest shake and what can be a very fun part of the game. There are way more advanced mechanics than what I listed above to learn as you gain experience, but this is a solid foundation. Going in blind and being a complete burden will not make you any friends, and likely won't be any fun either.

Edited by EnzoForMe

augmented with 73+ (blue) tier

Excellent post, and I completely agree, just a small point of contention. Certain classes can get away with not having augs, or having only a few. Bolster gives you the equivalent of mastery augs just below the highest tier, so if you have all the alacrity and crit you need from enhancements, you're fine. Classes that use 105% accuracy can't really do this though.

Also, while everything Caprica listed will certainly save new players from a big chunk of toxicity, there are always those who will seek to blame their teammates when they lose, even when they're blaming players that are better than them and it makes little sense to do so. Some of that will always be there.

The solution is you kill solo ranked, split the queues to 8v8 and 4v4 ranked and unranked. If you want to queue solo, you play unranked. Thus if you're gonna be a toxic dick, you can only effectively be one to your team, which you probably wont have for very long.

The solution is you kill solo ranked, split the queues to 8v8 and 4v4 ranked and unranked. If you want to queue solo, you play unranked. Thus if you're gonna be a toxic dick, you can only effectively be one to your team, which you probably wont have for very long.

You and your “kill solo ranked” saga. You do realise that solo is more popular than group. You should because the numbers of players on the boards don’t lie.

Even with the new mat incentives, granked is pretty much a dead format because the couple of good teams farm everyone else each match and kill the queue.

They would be better off getting rid of group ranked “if you have to get rid of one” to adjust to your split queue scenario.

Which wouldn’t work either because outside of the middle of primetime, the 8v8 matches are few and far between lately at lvl 75s and lowbies and Mids has gone beach to being the ghost town it was pre-Covid-19, pre-double XP and pre-Steam launch.

In the last 3 weeks it’s been impossible for me to even finish all the pvp conquest dailies on lowbie or mid Alts. So splitting the queues up more is the last thing we need unless there is a built in trigger that over rides it and puts everyone into one queue when queue numbers are too low (like now)

Solo ranked has had consistently more participation on SF this season than the last two. And since the last patch, there are a ton of new people. And I've actually been surprised that the toxicity isn't higher to be honest. It's been pretty good, and obviously no vote kick anymore, which is amazing.

Toxicity is not a big problem in ranked at all.

I admit I neglected SF completely since I do not have time to just do ranked atm so I can only speak of the population on DM.

I admit I neglected SF completely since I do not have time to just do ranked atm so I can only speak of the population on DM.

How many steam launches do you suppose they get to have to juice population? Its not the first cycle of "promo to juice population makes changes seem pvp is on an upswing only to gradually bleed away because the root causes are never addressed."

How many steam launches do you suppose they get to have to juice population? Its not the first cycle of "promo to juice population makes changes seem pvp is on an upswing only to gradually bleed away because the root causes are never addressed."

There are probably only a handful of new players from steam that have even tried ranked yet, if any. Between leveling, getting datacrons, playing regs, gearing up to 306, getting a set bonus and tactical, and just generally learning the game. That all takes time. Hardly anyone immediately jumps to a game's ranked mode within a few weeks.

Maybe the steam launch boosted the population in regs, but I doubt it had anything to do with the ranked population.

The OP is probably a lost cause, but to other new players who may be reading - the vast majority of any toxicity is directed at players who don't contribute to the team.

The common expectations of new players are:

1.) Follow the kill order called by your team, and cc or at least don't hit or dot the cc target (i.e. PT > Jug, cc merc)

2.) Use all your defensive cooldowns before you die, and have basic kiting skill if you are ranged (solo q'ing regs can be good practice for this one, don't q with pocket tanks and healers if you need to work on this)

3.) Know your rotation enough to put out passable numbers - 6k+ dps, 9k+ hps. If you are a tank, you must guard swap based on who is being targeted.

4.) 306 set bonus gear, augmented with 73+ (blue) tier, and the right tactical for solo ranked

5.) Ask questions when you have them - most players will help, even if they need to cool down for a bit after a loss

If you do these basic things, you will set yourself up for success and give an honest shake and what can be a very fun part of the game. There are way more advanced mechanics than what I listed above to learn as you gain experience, but this is a solid foundation. Going in blind and being a complete burden will not make you any friends, and likely won't be any fun either.

Caprica basicaly summing everything up to the point. If u don't come in like a troll and start being toxic to experienced players from the start and accept critique and ask questions , u will have a nice time in SR. If u don't ur just asking for it.