Advanced Prototype/Tactics Burst Tactical Idea

Hello, I have decided to make a Burst Tactical concept for Advanced Prototype (please note this may need balancing) I would love to have this implemented into the game so I can stop using overwhelming offense:

Name: Violent Force

Advanced Class: AP/Tactics

Type: Burst

Equip: Dealing damage with Rail Shot increases Rocket Punch’s damage by 5% for 20 seconds. Stacks up to 4 times, at 4 stacks Rocket Punch consumes all stacks, deals 30% increased damage and generates a stack of Energy Lodes.

Tag: “Violence is not the solution. It's a question, and the answer is yes.”

I agree AP/Tactics could use a new single target tactical. I've been making due with Flame Detonation for the instant Thermal Det/Plastique trigger

Question on your idea, would the 30% boost on punch/strike make up for having to skip using punch/strike until the stacks are full? It's basically mean you have to substitute Mag pulse/tact surge or flame sweep/Explos surge to proc railshot/Impact bolt while you let stacks build before using punch/strike

If I understand correctly, OP means for the stacks not to be consumed upon use if you're below 4 stacks. I'd like it more if it was rocket punch giving stacks though, that would make it easier to save up the burst if you want. Maybe something like this:

Dealing damage with Rocket Punch grants 1 stack of Violent Force. At 4 stacks, your next Railshot increases your armour penetration by X% for 3 seconds.

Gives a nice bonus to your burst, and can be controlled by delaying Rocket Punch if desired.

Is there such a stack mechanic currently?

All the stack usages I'm aware of either consume all stacks, or at least one, none wait until a certain stack threshold is reached (think tracer lock or energy lode, that basically gives you a choice of using the skill immediately with slight benefit, or holding off on using that skill until you're at max stacks/benefit)

Is there such a stack mechanic currently?

All the stack usages I'm aware of either consume all stacks, or at least one, none wait until a certain stack threshold is reached (think tracer lock or energy lode, that basically gives you a choice of using the skill immediately with slight benefit, or holding off on using that skill until you're at max stacks/benefit)

I don't think there is currently? But looking at the description OP gives, there is no indication that it only applies to the next Rocket Punch (as for instance Harnassed Darkness does for Sin and Depredating Volts, or as you pointed of Tracer Lock for Arsenal) or any indication that Rocket Punch consumes the stacks. It is only specified that stacks are consumed at 4 stacks. So that's how I interpreted it.

For instance if the ability was just: Dealing damage with Rail Shot increases Rocket Punch’s damage by 5% for 20 seconds. Stacks up to 4 times. Then it would just stack up like Annihilate, not being consumed. So I don't see why the addition of stacks being consumed at max stacks would change that, but I could be wrong as to OP's intention.

Edit: Actually, something popped to mind. Hatred tactical Quick Escalation works similarly. It gives you a stack improving Leeching Strike, but this stack isn't consumed. Only when at max stacks does Leeching Strike consume the stacks.

Edited by AdjeYo